• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

No No Eul

Good for her. Poor old Phono will be devastated though.

ibpSuKdfrDPxEA.jpg

RubyFaith

I can't remember who said it because I was backtracking so quick but GTFO, 4minute's lives are great. The songs suck but they performed them well, especially Whatever.

tumblr_mlxa7uxzys1qekb8ro1_250.gif

SNL Korea is extremely lame and perverted but I liked the Shut Up song 4minute did.
If Jiyoon ever goes solo she should do rock.
I also squealed like crazy at her and Jay Park's fake make out scene.

tumblr_mlxe0fZW7G1s1nfrco3_250.gif

luso

Netizen Buzz - [Rumor] Hyoyeon is dating?

Should pull a Sunye by getting married and leaving her group. Yuri can take over her 5 second dance breaks in the middle of their performances.

Those netizens eyes, lol.
If true, that's OK, good for her, bad for Phono.
If you think, the level of stealth they have to manage to so far being more or less away from these dating and couple news, excluding the obvious fakes ones.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK AT THE END OF FASHION KING.

DA FUCK JUST HAPPENED.

I'm not going to watch, so tell me/us what happened, put spoilers tag.

So many Yoona hands, must be Alt, welcome back and catch the thread.

giri

I'm not going to watch, so tell me/us what happened, put spoilers tag.

I was going to say NO, because it's SO out there. But roa already has so...

DO NOT READ IF YOU EVER INTEND ON WATCHING FASHION KING. EVER. THIS WILL LEGITIMATELY RUIN THE ENTIRE 20 HOUR SHOW FOR YOU.

Kang Young Gul gets killed in the final scene by a hitman hired by the chairman of J Fashion.

I assume it's a submission to a confuscian society in that, the rich boy (Jung Jae Hyuk) who was born to class winds up with the girl, even though she doesn't love him, and instead spends 19 of the 20 episodes saying so, and being very in love with the poor guy (Kang Young Gul).

How ever in some really half assed plot twist that was VERY weak, the rich guys beat out the upstart poor guy who was succeeding, and drive him broke, even though they lost a lot of money along the way.

The rich kid Jung Jae Hyuk, who was trying to steal away Lee ga young through various stupid means is the one that cost his fathers business 150million. When the father learns about how much they lost, he sends Jung Jae Hyuk away from korea (who asks Lee ga young to go with him, and she does) to america. Where Kang Young Gul has been hiding from everyone with "stolen" money.

Once the Chariman, Jung Jae Hyuks father, find outs where Kang Young Gul is, he kills Kang Young Gul.

It's bizzare because the entire 19.95 episodes leading up to that moment have the girl completely in love with the poor guy, him utterly devoted to her, and a fairy tale childhood story that both Kang Young Gul and Lee Ga Young met each other when they were beggared on the streets of Seoul as children.

It's a complete WTF scenario.

DO NOT READ IF YOU EVER, I MEAN EVER, INTEND TO WATCH FASHION KING

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Perhaps the men represent creative movements in fashion and the girl represents how the public actually adopts them. So then the events of the show are a metaphor for how the business world (in losses to itself and by pure force) affects how creativity prospers and inhibits the desires in the populace to embrace what they are passionate about.

Cuddler

Do you guys know a duo called "Tensi Love"? I discovered them watching this fancam with 2BiC (and other artists) arriving at the KBS building.

[MV] 텐시러브 (Tensi Love) - Shine (Korea Ver.)

I really like this song.
And the girl is really cute IMO, so some of you are probably more interested

Tensi Love Youtube Channel with all the MVs

And this song...

[MV] Tensi Love - Cake House

Awesome, lol, "Don't stop me from eating cake", "Don't stop me from eating cake", lol.

milkham

DO NOT READ IF YOU EVER INTEND ON WATCHING FASHION KING. EVER. THIS WILL LEGITIMATELY RUIN THE ENTIRE 20 HOUR SHOW FOR YOU.

Kang Young Gul gets killed in the final scene by a hitman hired by the chairman of J Fashion.

I assume it's a submission to a confuscian society in that, the rich boy (Jung Jae Hyuk) who was born to class winds up with the girl, even though she doesn't love him, and instead spends 19 of the 20 episodes saying so, and being very in love with the poor guy (Kang Young Gul).

How ever in some really half assed plot twist that was VERY weak, the rich guys beat out the upstart poor guy who was succeeding, and drive him broke, even though they lost a lot of money along the way.

The rich kid Jung Jae Hyuk, who was trying to steal away Lee ga young through various stupid means is the one that cost his fathers business 150million. When the father learns about how much they lost, he sends Jung Jae Hyuk away from korea (who asks Lee ga young to go with him, and she does) to america. Where Kang Young Gul has been hiding from everyone with "stolen" money.

Once the Chariman, Jung Jae Hyuks father, find outs where Kang Young Gul is, he kills Kang Young Gul.

It's bizzare because the entire 19.95 episodes leading up to that moment have the girl completely in love with the poor guy, him utterly devoted to her, and a fairy tale childhood story that both Kang Young Gul and Lee Ga Young met each other when they were beggared on the streets of Seoul as children.

It's a complete WTF scenario.

it's been a while since i watched it so forgive me if I remember it wrong, but it was never explicit who killed or hired someone to kill Young Gul, he had that gangster boss from the beginning of the show who could have been behind it, as well as rich kid or rich kid's dad.

Now, I'm not down on it simply for being a little ambiguous, but by the end none of it made sense. Ga Young was strangely vacillating between rich asshole who treated her like property and Young Gul, who had inexplicably become an asshole and started treating her like shit (she should have dropped both their asses by that point), and the plot twist you mentioned.

The sudden murder on top of all that came off as some tacked on attempt to be avante garde and shocking when everything else had been fairly by the numbers for a drama. The fact that she ends up with the rich kid by default felt weak to me and undid any character growth there was for Ga Young. I hated them all by the time the ending came around.

dokish

Banned
Painful because it was a mediocre cover or because it was 2007 SNSD lol?
Both I think. See post below
Less painful than Crayon Pop in tracksuits.
This said, watch the first part with WG andSNSD here.

We are coming for you.

irUmmlEYKD5XS.gif

Holy shit. SeoHyun used to have short hair?!? HYOYEON WAS UGLIER THAN THE DEVIL! HOLY CRAP.

I'm kinda glad I missed early SNSD.

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny were the only salvageable material. Ok, Yoona too. Yuri was weird.

EDIT: Sohee, on the other hand, was always perfect.

SoHee.jpg

giri

it's been a while since i watched it so forgive me if I remember it wrong, but it was never explicit who killed or hired someone to kill Young Gul, he had that gangster boss from the beginning of the show who could have been behind it, as well as rich kid or rich kid's dad.

Now, I'm not down on it simply for being a little ambiguous, but by the end none of it made sense. Ga Young was strangely vacillating between rich asshole who treated her like property and Young Gul, who had inexplicably become an asshole and started treating her like shit (she should have dropped both their asses by that point), and the plot twist you mentioned.

The sudden murder on top of all that came off as some tacked on attempt to be avante garde and shocking when everything else had been fairly by the numbers for a drama. The fact that she ends up with the rich kid by default felt weak to me and undid any character growth there was for Ga Young. I hated them all by the time the ending came around.

MORE FASHIONG KING SPOILERS.

You're right, it's not explicit who hired the killer. But with Jung Jae hyuk (Rich kid) stealing the envelope with the airline ticket in it from Lee Ga Youngs house, i felt it was fairly implied. Particularly as Young Gul had paid off the mob boss entirely.

But you're right, it wasn't explicit.

And the rest of the character descriptions are fairly spot on for me also.

I also don't get why Lee Ga Young was all so completely devastated and such, she did get her mothers shop back, and that wouldn't have been lost with the rest of the GG Empire. It was in her name, and wasn't purchased with that money. She would have still owned it.

that ending was very weak, so many plot holes. First 17 or so eps were decent. Made enough sense. Last 3 or so really saw it fall apart and go weird.

Now I'm really glad I didn't start watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom