• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kang Gary.
jbpPhQEu7cZv8.jpg

dokish

Banned
Dice made a few great points: the song structure, the (unnecessary) addition of a rapper, the concept not being different and all.

This may be a crazy thought, but although yes, it seems like the smartest idea would be cash in Japan AND Korea, I think this is a strategy to "un-stain" the image of T-Ara. As a whole, they are pretty much fucked in Korea. But maybe, if they fragment this and disassociate the view we had about them, by liking each subunit 'individually', sooner they can go back at being just T-Ara and we will like them again. If being T-Ara wasn't good, you have to 'not be' T-Ara for a while.

Ain't Areum the most bland and boring fucking face in the whole K-Pop scenario? People talk about Krystal because she is emotionless, but damn, Areum is the Queen. If she was the last Korean woman on Earth, I'm not so sure I would be willing to recreate Korean civilization with her.

vanty

I listened to IGAB enough times that I grew to really like it. I'll never listen to whatever this N4 song is called again.

Hopefully this bombs and they're over.

luso

Reading the thread without pics or seeing videos. Will watch Jiyeon later.
T-ara N-4 song sounds meh, but not awful. Is a little "messy" with rhythm changes, maybe because of that is compared with IGAB.

Waiting for Younha instead.

Both I think. See post below

I'm kinda glad I missed early SNSD.

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny were the only salvageable material. Ok, Yoona too. Yuri was weird.

You are crazy, early soshi is one of the k-pop canons.
Why Yuri weird? Is this statement based on the that performance alone?

Taengoo all up in the Instagram. Damn I wish I could draw a straight line.

Great, like a sir. Taengoo for the ages.
I want to see a Roman lady Taeyeon.

Ashhong

I dont get the point of the "drama" video. It's about as "Drama" as Psy's videos (which makes sense since it's the same director and all). Hardly a drama like their past ones though. It's basically just a music video.

Whatever, song is meh. Structure is all over the place. Has a few redeeming qualities to it, that's about it. Might as well be a T-ara song though.

giri

I dont get the point of the "drama" video. It's about as "Drama" as Psy's videos (which makes sense since it's the same director and all). Hardly a drama like their past ones though. It's basically just a music video.

Whatever, song is meh. Structure is all over the place. Has a few redeeming qualities to it, that's about it. Might as well be a T-ara song though.

Eh? just because it's not a ballad doesn't mean it's not telling a story, as whack as the story might be.

replace drama with "story" i guess and it might make more sense?

Its just a way to give it a MV that isn't just the dance ver.

Ashhong

Eh? just because it's not a ballad doesn't mean it's not telling a story, as whack as the story might be.

replace drama with "story" i guess and it might make more sense?

Its just a way to give it a MV that isn't just the dance ver.

It has as much story as any other music video, is my point.

edit: I'm only pointing it out because someone on the last page said something like "they finally did a drama MV right".

Dig the new T-ara sub unit song, but that is because I am totally and utterly bias with anything regarding T-ara, I suppose. They do cheesy better than anyone else. Just needs more Soyeon, just like everything else needs more Soyeon. Eunjung looks out of this world for the videos, though. I've always found her attractive, but girl went and got it this time around. And the dance version is an even bigger mess and epileptic nightmare than the other T-ara music videos, which I didn't think was possible.

On a different note, I think Hello Venus, as a collective whole is the best looking group in K-pop. Not a single member of that group isn't without some merits or praise. I even find Nara strangely very attractive. And before I get Taeyeon bombed, please re-read the bolded part.

Ashhong

I don't necessarily disagree, but how much do soshi and SM get slammed for "mv in a box"...? at least its something other than that.

Yea, I'm not defending that at all. I'm just saying this "drama" sucked lol. Nothing compared to their old ones. It's obvious how much it's influenced by Psy's videos.

giri

Dig the new T-ara sub unit song, but that is because I am totally and utterly bias with anything regarding T-ara, I suppose. They do cheesy better than anyone else. Just needs more Soyeon, just like everything else needs more Soyeon. Eunjung looks out of this world for the videos, though. I've always found her attractive, but girl went and got it this time around. And the dance version is an even bigger mess and epileptic nightmare than the other T-ara music videos, which I didn't think was possible.

On a different note, I think Hello Venus, as a collective whole is the best looking group in K-pop. Not a single member of that group isn't without some merits or praise. I even find Nara strangely very attractive. And before I get Taeyeon bombed, please re-read the bolded part.

Reply to bold in story via gif format.

suzylean.gif

nicoleconfused.gif

taeytiffno.gif

After%20School.gif

Hello penus aren't even 3rd tier on the looks tier.

No No Eul

I love this so much. Even, dare I say, the dance version.

iNVYemhNYGG2M.gif

Edit: btw, I like Eunjung's haircut. If it's gonna be short, I much prefer it like this (similar to the TTL era), rather than the bob-type thing she's been sporting for a while.

Thanks to her shorter hair, there were a couple of times in the MV where I thought Eunjung was kinda sorta
channelling Hwayoung

ibwXFwVFALfrvR.gif

ohmyninemusescomebackhgfulshgushvlsenflnesbflksnlfjnxn

Max

I am not Max
Whoa PSY's new song is a million times better than I thought it would be. The MV is hilarious too. I'm so late..

<3 your avy... every-time I see it I just have to listen to FZ.... he is a boss
Helping them with a video for DX :>

denim status @////@

T-ara N4's song was exceptionally worse than I expected it to be, I only really like Eunjung's singing part, if it was just that without all the loud obnoxious dance style bass I'd be in love.

Hype for new HV now..

Cuddler

I don't know much about T-ARA but I doubt that this song is going to bomb, judging by past Gaon charts they are one of the best selling artists in Korea. (I didn't really know that)

Yeah I dig me some Tensi Love.

Awesome, I was sure that you were the one knowing them. Another case of me not understanding why this artist is not more popular.

Fafnir

Monday at work, let's watch some of these MV's before my boss get's in.

I like the T-ara song, the whole time watching the drama MV I was wondering how much KKS paid for those cameos, probably more than T-ara will make all year.

The 4minute song, I was about to turn that shit off after 1minute till Krystal-lite's hook dropped, then Hyuna and toothpaste girl came back with their crap rap and I turned it off. What's your name is a good song title because I still don't know any of their names except for Hyuna.

Shinee song, turned that shit off in 30 seconds.

wwlnd

Banned
Monday at work, let's watch some of these MV's before my boss get's in.

I like the T-ara song, the whole time watching the drama MV I was wondering how much KKS paid for those cameos, probably more than T-ara will make all year.

The 4minute song, I was about to turn that shit off after 1minute till Krystal-lite's hook dropped, then Hyuna and toothpaste girl came back with their crap rap and I turned it off. What's your name is a good song title because I still don't know any of their names except for Hyuna.

Shinee song, turned that shit off in 30 seconds.
lol, nice *highfive*

neoism

Whoa PSY's new song is a million times better than I thought it would be. The MV is hilarious too. I'm so late..

Helping them with a video for DX :>

u are HOLY SHIT.... :O you have any idea when DX is coming...omg probably my most wanted album... I LOOOVED the Drowned in Sound Mix he did a few months back...
I wanted to see what everyone was listening to in kpop land, I'm going back to the Soshi universe.

IHsje.gif
never left..

tumblr_m4hrkpVevz1r1iauzo1_500.gif

Nine Muses

llehuty

Nine Muses

sera1_zps1b636e44.gif

iGLDuh9IsKoml.jpg

ohmyninemusescomebackhgfulshgushvlsenflnesbflksnlfjnxn

O_____________________O
Comeback of the month trophy is sealed.
I also know that I should control my hype levels, but I mean, if they have done this to the worst looking member

tumblr_m7l3qjOPuf1qdcel5o1_500.gif

tumblr_mk6s3dzjLf1qbdynmo1_400.gif

That is a pretty awesome MV. It's a nice change of path from sexy and cute concepts. I'm not feeling the song right now, and I don't think live performances are going to change that, but after IGaB, who knows. Dance version is so uninspired and unnecessary, but at least none of those scenes ended up in the drama version.

20130524_Innocent_018_001.jpg

20130524_Innocent_018_002.jpg

20130524_Innocent_018_003.jpg

Photoshoot and interview of flawless Hammie. It also looks like they are making a comeback this summer.

Conceptor

Giving the newest stuff a first listen..

Shinee - Why So Serious - Sounds okay, not the biggest fan. Typical Shinee high energy dance + performances though!!

Pominit - What's Your Name - aaaa so qt, love Gayoon's parts in this. WTF @ the zombies?

N4 - Jeon Won Diary - wae wae wae wae wae ting ga ring ga ring ga ting ting ting ting why you hating why why you hating!!! drama ver is so qt, hyomin and jiyeon body/chest rolls :Q

LYn - Breakable Heart - Lyn always so good

Gonna plug some Akdong Musician too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtsKjXLiYS8

April's over, so time to get back to kpop and tennis!!!

51lxGTu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom