• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

No No Eul

allkpop said:
Crayon Pop to be joined by 6th member Arisa for Japanese promotions

The CEO of their label Chrome Entertainment revealed, “At the earliest, Crayon Pop’s Japanese member ‘Arisa’ will be revealed at the May 19th’s concert.” For confused fans, he confirmed, “They will have 6 members in Japan and 5 members in Korea.” The new member’s full name is Sekine Arisa, and she seems to be an exchange student at Dongguk University in Korea judging by the tweets exchanged between a fan and the CEO.

A bit weird but I suppose it'll make promoting in Japan that much easier.

People are saying it's 2NE1. 2+0+1+3+0+5+2+8 = 21

I guess they were right after all.

9M celebrating 1000 days.
iiBg9XmLpeTr9.jpg

T-ara has been addressing the bullying scandal and other rumours besides on the Beatles Code. Sorry about the wall of text but it's all quite interesting IMO.

allkpop said:
Hyomin was the first to speak up, and she said, “There were rumors that I was a thug when I went to school. I just hung out with kids who weren’t the nicest kids, but that was it. There are also rumors that I was forced to move schools because I had hit another student. I never hit anyone. I’d rather someone come out and say that I hit them.” Hyomin revealed that she had moved schools, but it wasn’t because she had hit someone. She explained, “My mom decided that I should switch schools because she wanted to pursue a better education for me. It’s not related to violence at all. The reason why I didn’t say anything back then was because I didn’t want people to look down on my friends because of me.”

The girls also admitted that they had an argument with Hwayoung during the SNS controversy. However, Eunjung asserted that there was no bullying, saying, “People might think so if you just read everything that’s online. But even I was rumored to being bullied. To be honest, we had an argument with Hwayoung for about 2 days during the incident. But it was wrong of us to publicly make statements through Twitter. It was wrong to write about the topic, period. The more we stayed silent, the rumors and misunderstandings kept growing. It was so bad that even we were getting confused. I thought I’d lived without any regrets, but I was pained because I felt I’d become a bad person.”

On all the hate comments they received, Eunjung said, “Whenever articles about us come out, we get a ton of hate comments. At first, I just read it out of curiosity… but I can’t read it anymore because the more I read, the more energy I lose.”

Hyomin added, “The worst one was when Soyeon unni got into a car accident, and someone wrote, ‘she should have just died’. There were others who said the entire accident was made up. It was such a bad accident that she got tossed out of the car.”

On their ‘Music Bank‘ controversy, Hyomin spoke up to say, “After we argued in Japan, we had a ‘Music Bank’ schedule right away. It was so awkward. After we came back to Korea, we had a conversation with Hwayoung for about 40 minutes. I didn’t want to have fights when it was a stage we were dreaming of. After Hwayoung left, we had an official schedule, but we couldn’t say anything because of the circumstances. We wanted to say something so badly that it even came out in our dreams. I just wanted to say two things: ‘I’m sorry, and I’ll work harder’. But if we tried to explain ourselves back then, the situation would have just gotten worse. But we really wanted to. We wanted to admit the parts that were true, that they weren’t false, and then take time off to self reflect. But in the end, we just became the kids who didn’t care.”

Jiyeon also expressed her apologetic heart to Hwayoung and said, “We had been together for over 3 years, so Hwayoung might have had difficulties being with us. She probably had a hard time adjusting.” She and the other members added, “If we truly hated her, we wouldn’t have even argued. But we disappointed her and made her feel lonely. No matter the reason, we’re sorry and also apologize to have created a disturbance as public figures.”

On the topic of bullying ‘evidence’ and the immense amount of photos and video clips that circulated the web, Eunjung discussed the video of her ‘force feeding’ Hwayoung rice cake. She was even given the nickname ‘rice-cake Eunjung’ because of the video.

She explained, “That was done all for fun. When we were on a Japanese TV show, the host told us we should make it funny, and as part of the members of the losing team on the show, I was supposed to feed rice-cake to someone on the winning team. I thought about who I could give the rice-cake to for the best reaction. Qri and Hyomin were there as well but they don’t have much of a reaction, so I thought that Hwayoung, who would probably give the best reaction, would be best. So I purposefully made my own facial expression like that and fed her the rice-cake to make it as fun as possible. I didn’t think it would become so big later.”

Jiyeon agreed as she added, “The program was designed it so it would be more entertaining.“ Eunjung continued, “I really like rice cakes, but I can’t eat it outside anymore. The nickname ‘rice-cake Eunjung’ hurt me a lot, but after the mistake during the judging for the Olympics, I was able to laugh and heal a bit thanks to funny mentions on Twitter like ‘rice-cake Eunjung go go!’, and also with students telling me ‘Eunjung unnie, I’m taking my test today, can you feed me some rice-cake’. I was able to endure it like that.”

Not content with the likes of Yoona and Ha Ji Won, Despoiler of Women Lee Seung Gi gets his filthy hands on Suzy.

It turns out the groom in Seungah's wedding photoshoot was none other than Kwonnie.

Adorable Sulli with Lee Soo Man, Kangta and Yunho.

dokish

Banned
I'd really like to know what some CEO's think... Seriously... How can you come up with the idea that OF ALL THINGS, what Crayon Pop needs the most is a JAPANESE MEMBER to perform with them ONLY IN JAPAN? (In Korea too would be even worse).

I mean, what's the point? They think a japanese member will increase their popularity? That answer is too obvious to be true.

Just think about the mess this will be: None of them speaks japanese. While they're in Korea performing on countless streets/tv shows, there is a japanese member somewhere in Japan, not being part of all this, not being part of Crayon Pop. And after a few week/months/whatever apart, they will suddenly reunite to perform in Japan, with that awkward atmosphere, where they only get together to perform.

They will perform different song in Japan or something? Because if you add one more member, you have to change the choreography, everything changes! Position, time, etc.

HOLY FUCK I can't believe this. Fuck K-Pop industry and their asshole CEOs. Can't these motherfuckers make money 'fair and square'? Clean money? Their creativity is endless, they always find a way to fucked up some group.

Can't wait to watch some interview were they're asked in Korea: "So, you have a japanese member when you perform in Japan. Why is that?"

Does she even speak Korean? She's gonna be in Crayon Pop TV now?

Crayon Pop have a VERY DIFFERENT concept from the other groups. They are not just 'cute', they are unique in their own way of doing things. I hope this jap doesn't have ANIMU style/way of talking and fuck it up. Why Korea make such a hard effort to please japanese fans?

Ugh...

If this turns out shit, I'm bailing. Fuck you.

bjq-mcbccae5ywp138uw8.jpg

JKTrix

dokish man, you really need to reel in that Japanese hate. That word you used shortly before 'ANIMU' is a racial slur and is not tolerated here at all. You probably won't be here to respond to this message if one of the mods catch it.

I don't think many people here would disagree with you thinking that this is unusual, because it is. It's a valid point. Many other groups have members from different countries, though I'm not aware if any have Japanese members. Besides, the girl was already in Korea. The article said she was an exchange student.

If you didn't know (because it's really hard to tell with you), Crayon Pop actually debuted in Japan and Korea at the same time--in fact they performed in Japan before they did in Korea. They established themselves in both countries from the outset. I'm sorry if the mere association with the country will make you write them off. Hopefully, this will help you to realize that just because something is related to Japan doesn't make it immediately detestable. It's a really irrational thought process.

I mentioned this to you directly in the stream the other day: Japan is the 2nd biggest music market in the world. Ignoring any strained relationships between the countries for the moment, aspiring Japanese artists would not come to Korea for the beans they would be earning compared to what they could earn in their own country. On the other hand, Korean artists want to go there because the industry is very limited by comparison--especially since they've flooded it so much. In the stream we talked about it in the context of SNSD not being able to stay in Korea exclusively because they would suffocate each other, but I didn't get into how all the other groups are already doing that.

It's purely economics. They need to expand in order to survive. I don't want to use a Starcraft reference because I don't know if you play it. Koreans have historically deep feelings on why they should hate Japan. If they can swallow it for their survival, perhaps you can give some thought to doing that too.

JKTrix

That word you used shortly before 'ANIMU' [to refer to Japanese people]
I'm not going to quote or repeat the word myself. I get that English isn't your first language so I give you a little slack most times when it seems you don't read/understand whole sentences. Maybe it's not a slur where you come from, but it is elsewhere.

dokish

Banned
Fast reading.

Well, didn't know that. In Brazil we call japanese 'japa' all the time, not a racial slur.

Funny how words work. 'Jap' is a racial slur, while 'Amer' is not... or whatever.

The member could be chinese, american or russian. I'd be pissed anyway.

dokish

Banned
dokish man, you really need to reel in that Japanese hate. That word you used shortly before 'ANIMU' is a racial slur and is not tolerated here at all. You probably won't be here to respond to this message if one of the mods catch it.

I don't think many people here would disagree with you thinking that this is unusual, because it is. It's a valid point. Many other groups have members from different countries, though I'm not aware if any have Japanese members. Besides, the girl was already in Korea. The article said she was an exchange student.

If you didn't know (because it's really hard to tell with you), Crayon Pop actually debuted in Japan and Korea at the same time--in fact they performed in Japan before they did in Korea. They established themselves in both countries from the outset. I'm sorry if the mere association with the country will make you write them off. Hopefully, this will help you to realize that just because something is related to Japan doesn't make it immediately detestable. It's a really irrational thought process.

I mentioned this to you directly in the stream the other day: Japan is the 2nd biggest music market in the world. Ignoring any strained relationships between the countries for the moment, aspiring Japanese artists would not come to Korea for the beans they would be earning compared to what they could earn in their own country. On the other hand, Korean artists want to go there because the industry is very limited by comparison--especially since they've flooded it so much. In the stream we talked about it in the context of SNSD not being able to stay in Korea exclusively because they would suffocate each other, but I didn't get into how all the other groups are already doing that.

It's purely economics. They need to expand in order to survive. I don't want to use a Starcraft reference because I don't know if you play it. Koreans have historically deep feelings on why they should hate Japan. If they can swallow it for their survival, perhaps you can give some thought to doing that too.

Since you gave me a insightful answer, I think I should do the same and clarify things.

Can we just agree on something? Japanese are the most xenophobic people on Earth. Even prostitutes (the japanese ones, not the ones from Korea, China or Russia) don't take western clients.

But, I have no problem with them. At all. I'm not ranting because they are adding a japanese member. But because they are adding one at all. Just imagine SNSD adding a new korean member, or T-Ara, or SECRET, or whatever. People won't like it.

Adding a member is not hiring 'the new office guy'. In the office, you do your things in your desk, you don't have a public, nobody messes with your work, etc.

But in a girl group is pretty different, and you guys have a much more clear vision about this than I have, so I don't need to explain the details. Girl groups share dorms, spend the whole day together, eat together, share secrets, do their training together, etc. If you add someone else in the family (that's what they are), you shake the whole stability of the thing. Its a lot of pressure and its stressful. They will probably re-do the Bing Bing/Saturday Night/Dancing Queen choreo to accommodate the new member and they gonna spend so much time apart and not being synchronized with each other that I'm afraid that this will impact the quality of their work.

We all see what idols with big agendas suffer. They starve, they don't sleep, they get bruises, they faint, they collapse. Imagine Crayon Pop going back and forth KR-JP with this new member. They will get pushed to the limit.

One of the most pleasurable things about CP is how much they enjoy themselves and how much fun they have on stage. Their chore is dorky and fun and this will not happen if they are under pressure and tired all the time... for the sake of the japanese market.

How SNSD and BoA and other groups change themselves to be more appealing to the japanese public? They change the song style. Crayon Pop should do just that. Make a song appealing to the japanese public and they're done.

luso

Calm your tits, Dokish :)

About that word, sometimes I was about to write it just for abbreviation but then I reminded that in English it can be slur and I wrote the entire word, now I don't even think about it.

More Fany:

tumblr_mmeqq39gmq1qbcu4do1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmeqeq9eyn1roj9w1o1_500.png

Lol, at least happend in the knee, not on "other" place
tumblr_mmescgqvIi1ryot7ro1_500.jpg

Is BoA in Italian Alps lakes?

That boob grab, is a scene so so so cliched. C'mon, writers!

Ym1r

Doesn't Brazil have some sort of history with Japanese people? I thought that's how Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was created, don't you guys like them Dokish?

neoism

I'd really like to know what some CEO's think... Seriously... How can you come up with the idea that OF ALL THINGS, what Crayon Pop needs the most is a JAPANESE MEMBER to perform with them ONLY IN JAPAN? (In Korea too would be even worse).

I mean, what's the point? They think a japanese member will increase their popularity? That answer is too obvious to be true.

Just think about the mess this will be: None of them speaks japanese. While they're in Korea performing on countless streets/tv shows, there is a japanese member somewhere in Japan, not being part of all this, not being part of Crayon Pop. And after a few week/months/whatever apart, they will suddenly reunite to perform in Japan, with that awkward atmosphere, where they only get together to perform.

They will perform different song in Japan or something? Because if you add one more member, you have to change the choreography, everything changes! Position, time, etc.

HOLY FUCK I can't believe this. Fuck K-Pop industry and their asshole CEOs. Can't these motherfuckers make money 'fair and square'? Clean money? Their creativity is endless, they always find a way to fucked up some group.

Can't wait to watch some interview were they're asked in Korea: "So, you have a japanese member when you perform in Japan. Why is that?"

Does she even speak Korean? She's gonna be in Crayon Pop TV now?

Crayon Pop have a VERY DIFFERENT concept from the other groups. They are not just 'cute', they are unique in their own way of doing things. I hope this jap doesn't have ANIMU style/way of talking and fuck it up. Why Korea make such a hard effort to please japanese fans?

Ugh...

If this turns out shit, I'm bailing. Fuck you.

wat lol crayon poop is getting another member LULZ

giri

Doesn't Brazil have some sort of history with Japanese people? I thought that's how Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was created, don't you guys like them Dokish?

iirc, japan has actually treated the brazillians rather poorly over history.

I forget the exact details but i believe it's go to to do with migrant workers / immigration.

dokish

Banned
Dokish are you mentally sane?

Also, those fany pics omg that smile is so ridiculous
Depends on your concept of 'mentally sane'.

We are very welcoming to Japanese. I think 50% of people that lives in São Paulo are Japanese. They are everywhere.

I don't know why you guys think I hate them. I already clarified my position. People have jerk attitudes independent from ethnicity, homeland, etc.

I just think add a new member (doesn't matter where is she from) will mess up the entire group.

iirc, japan has actually treated the brazillians rather poorly over history.

I forget the exact details but i believe it's go to to do with migrant workers / immigration.

And yes, that's a different history. JAP-BRL who go there are treated pretty bad, but that's another thing. They are not considered Japanese (by japanese people) if they are born in Brazil. We had a lot of people who worked there talking about the working/living conditions. It wasn't pretty. But I agree that Brazilians do a lot of shit too, and sometimes they deserve it. The Japan government sometime offered money for japanese-brazilian workers to leave the country and go back to Brazil lol.

We have thousands and thousand of Japanese families living in São Paulo and in my 23 years I have never saw news on TV about racism against Japanese.

EDIT: How can I ever hate them. JAV is my guilty pleasure.

Tangeroo

What does her shirt say?

AFFLICTION (SCHMERZEN)
SUN, THOU WEEPEST EVERY EVENING
UNTIL THY LOVELY EYES ARE RED WHEN
UNTO THE OCEAN’S MIRROR SINKING,
THOU GOEST TO AN EARLY DEATH: YET
ART THOU ARISEN IN WONTED SPLENDOR.
GLORY STORY OF THE DARKENED WORLD, NEW
AWAKENED, THE MORNING LIKE A
PROUD AND CONQUERING HERO. AND NOW
SHALL I SAY MY HEART IS SO HEAVY
LADEN: MUST NOT THE SUN ITSELF GO
DOWN? AND DEATH BEGETS LIFE,
SORROWS BRING FORTH BLISS: O, HOW I
THANK THEE, NATURE, WHO HAST GIVEN
SUCH AFFLICTION UNTO ME

JKTrix

Brazil houses the largest Japanese population outside of Japan. There's actually a pretty good 'Animu' that takes place in Brazil and has a lot of people with Japanese names in it.

What are some group additions that have 'worked'? What are some that haven't? Off the top of my head:

Yay
Girl's Day (specifically Yura)

Nay
T-ara (Hwayoung--in the sense that she left. I thought she was okay.)

ryan-ts

AFFLICTION (SCHMERZEN)
SUCH AFFLICTION UNTO ME

Thank you.

Honey Bunny

AFFLICTION (SCHMERZEN)
SUCH AFFLICTION UNTO ME

i2R9xVByDJFS0.gif

What are some group additions that have 'worked'?

Raina! All three Caramels, really.

Draxal

Brazil houses the largest Japanese population outside of Japan. There's actually a pretty good 'Animu' that takes place in Brazil and has a lot of people with Japanese names in it.

What are some group additions that have 'worked'? What are some that haven't? Off the top of my head:

Yay

Nay

Delurking for a bit, ninemuses trio are all in the yay easily (hyuna/kyungri(the best)/seungah.

@dokish
You just gotta relax man, luckily kpopgaf is in the community dungeon; I've seen people get banned here for really stupid stuff (the woman driver massacre etc).

B-Dex

Yay

Nay

Wasn't some other girl supposed to join T-ara? After Areum? (who is a useless boring addition )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom