• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
Crayon Pop will be fine. That box of crayons now carries 6.

I wonder what she looks like

BJnJpAsCAAAwwqr.jpg

her name is arisa.

Faf being persecuted for doing gods work. This must be how it feels to be christian in Obamas America.

re: Q

YooAra gwiyomi

And yea, The SeeYa debuted last year.

Here is their debut song, which I do really enjoy.
Be With You (female ver)

I linked a different version from the actual debut song because that used the guy from SPEED, and although I like him, his voice is too strong and gothic-y sounding for the song.

Araaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

As for The SeeYa, I heard the song already. Never noticed there was a pretty member though. It's just another CCM group, I'll listen to the good music and not give a single shit about the group itself.

So good.

ramyeon

What about right near the Daecheong subway station?
Wouldn't be able to say off the top of my head. All I know if I've got friends who lived/live in Gangnam at pretty affordable rates and then others who have houses that are worth ridiculous amounts. You'd be better off talking to real estate agents about specific areas or researching on Naver.

dokish

Banned
What about right near the Daecheong subway station?

Anything bellow Han River is usually expensive. But I don't think you have "rich" areas with only mansions and this kinda of stuff, its usually mixed, from my experience. You have a "few group of streets" with expensive houses, 2/3 floors etc, but just around the corner you have a "regular" area with regular houses, etc.

Take a look at Google Street View for details.

Are you look for a place to stay or something? I know a really good 고시원 website.

EDIT: I'd love to live in a house like My Daughter So Young drama. Rooftop house, small, comfy, view of the whole city. In the drama the house its perceived as a shit hole by the characters, but seems a nice place to live.

Something like this

ramyeon

Anything bellow Han River is usually expensive. But I don't think you have "rich" areas with only mansions and this kinda of stuff, its usually mixed, from my experience. You have a "few group of streets" with expensive houses, 2/3 floors etc, but just around the corner you have a "regular" area with regular houses, etc.

Take a look at Google Street View for details.

Are you look for a place to stay or something? I know a really good 고시원 website.
Apartments can be really extremely expensive in areas of Seoul. It's not just "big" houses. I wouldn't judge houses in Korea by their appearance because I've seen some really misleading places that are worth a small fortune.

And please don't stay in a Goshiwon unless you enjoy living life as a sub human. They're horrible, small rooms sometimes as small as a walk in closet with barely enough room to sleep and sit at a cramped desk. Sometimes include no ventilation at all and no windows if you're unlucky. The photos on websites are extremely misleading and use extreme wide angle lenses to make the rooms appear bigger than they really are.

dokish

Banned
Apartments can be really extremely expensive in areas of Seoul. It's not just "big" houses. I wouldn't judge houses in Korea by their appearance because I've seen some really misleading places that are worth a small fortune.

And please don't stay in a Goshiwon unless you enjoy living life as a sub human. They're horrible, small rooms sometimes as small as a walk in closet with barely enough room to sleep and sit at a cramped desk. Sometimes include no ventilation at all and no windows if you're unlucky. The photos on websites are extremely misleading and use extreme wide angle lenses to make the rooms appear bigger than they really are.

You have some "luxury" goshiwons! Lemme show you.

----

If you want, I can give the contacts from the same house that I stayed.

dokish

Banned
Luxury Goshiwon is an oxymoron.

ksh7011105613.jpg

I hope those pictures aren't misleading because I'm gonna spend one year there lol.

Also, come on... if you are spending 10-20 days in Korea, you're not gonna need a house. You will basically use it to crash every night. You will spend the whole day exploring.

I like to live in small spaces (alone), so who knows...

rakd500776.jpg

rakd5007594.jpg

rakd500498.jpg

Seems wide enough to me.

ramyeon

Well all those photos are taken with wide angle lenses for starters. It will undoubtedly be smaller than the photos. The disconcerting thing is there are no windows in that first one that are visible. May be behind the taker but who knows. I hope you didn't sign up for a 1 year contract because landlords in Korea will fuck you over with your deposit money at every chance they get.

Second one looks more like a Hasuk than a Goshiwon, but probably smaller. All 3 photos are different rooms so it's hard to tell which has windows and which doesn't. My friends always had issues with the ones that had showers inside the room. Although it sounds better than having public showers, with steam and lack of ventilation it causes all kinds of issues.

Your best bet is to stay at a hostel for the first week or so and room hunt when you're actually physically there to see the rooms. I kid you not, I inspected a room for my Korean friend which looked exactly like those photos online and when I saw it in person it was a broom closet.

If you're going to Yonsei why don't you apply for the dorms there? I lived in SK Global House for almost 12 months and it was fantastic - very comfortable single rooms.

Or there's like whole streets lined with Hasukjib right near the gate out from Yonsei next to the KLI building.

dokish

Banned
Well all those photos are taken with wide angle lenses for starters. It will undoubtedly be smaller than the photos. The disconcerting thing is there are no windows in that first one that are visible. May be behind the taker but who knows. I hope you didn't sign up for a 1 year contract because landlords in Korea will fuck you over with your deposit money at every chance they get.

Second one looks more like a Hasuk than a Goshiwon, but probably smaller. All 3 photos are different rooms so it's hard to tell which has windows and which doesn't. My friends always had issues with the ones that had showers inside the room. Although it sounds better than having public showers, with steam and lack of ventilation it causes all kinds of issues.

Your best bet is to stay at a hostel for the first week or so and room hunt when you're actually physically there to see the rooms. I kid you not, I inspected a room for my Korean friend which looked exactly like those photos online and when I saw it in person it was a broom closet.

Can we talk somewhere? I actually have a lot of question for you! I was banned from mIRC I dunno why. And PM is kind bad because its not instant. Do you have Steam?

This is the site that I'm using.

http://gosi1.net/

Are you 100% sure that the last ones are wide lens? Fuck.

I'm aware the window problem. And I only favorite sites that gives me the option to get a room WHEN I'M THERE. So, I will go to Seoul, go to the place and say "I'd like a room", no need to reserve in advance. Plus, I assume you just need to pay cash in advance (no problem), and not weirds deposits like you need to when you rent a room.

It's a goshiwon, made for students. Pay the total amount you gonna stay and that's it, right?

I'm visiting student at Yonsei :(

(and every other college I'm gonna apply)

ramyeon

Can we talk somewhere? I actually have a lot of question for you! I was banned from mIRC I dunno why. And PM is kind bad because its not instant. Do you have Steam?

This is the site that I'm using.

http://gosi1.net/

Are you 100% sure that the last ones are wide lens? Fuck.

I'm aware the window problem. And I only favorite sites that gives me the option to book a reservation WHEN I'M THERE. So, I will go to Seoul, go to the place and say "I'd like a room", no need to reserve in advance. Plus, I assume you just need to pay cash in advance (no problem), and not weirds deposits like you need to when you rent a room.

It's a goshiwon, made for students. Pay the total amount you gonna stay and that's it, right?

I'm visiting student at Yonsei :(

(and every other college I'm gonna apply)
PM is probably the best for me, don't have steam, IRC or any messaging clients really. That said I can only tell you what my friends experienced, since I never stayed in a Goshiwon. I can tell you they always use wide angle lenses though for real estate shots. Yeah best to see the rooms first, and it depends some goshiwon will let you pay in advance, others will be a deposit and monthly rent basis.

I put some Yonsei specific stuff in my post above btw.

Edgeward

It's a subunit, T-ara N4. The rest are gonna promote in Japan. T-ara itself is still 7 members.

Sub units are usually created to try new concepts or sounds without comprising the original group's vision and sound. It can also be used to showcase specific members and/or give lesser members more exposure than they would in the group.

For you, Ryan. Pre-debut Lizzy

DgQtsaI.jpg

jiyeontouvu.gif

laBeyfn.gif

5bCDlaR.gif

Ovi0iOz.gif

Chuckie

:( I would have been seating near her too. All the stars sit right there close to those seats. This and my dad almost dying. Fuck you life.

Man that is indeed fucked. I hope your dad is fine.

Well at least you did see Fany in real life. That's more than most of us can say. And you did kind of recognize her... so it does count.

Man that is indeed fucked. I hope your dad is fine.

Well at least you did see Fany in real life. That's more than most of us can say. And you did kind of recognize her... so it does count.

Well in about three years I plan on being famous. So I will just marry her after that.

My dad is cool now. Let's just say it must have sucked finding out you're allergic to bees after living 74 years of your life

giri

Well in about three years I plan on being famous. So I will just marry her after that.

My dad is cool now. Let's just say it must have sucked finding out you're allergic to bees after living 74 years of your life

You'd still have had to sit through a baseball game though. So... you did manage to skip that!

condolences on the father stuff

RubyFaith

Banned from here, lost your old forum. What DID you do?

Naw, I didn't get banned from here-- I don't post enough. I was banned because I expressed in a gif how I felt if Hyoyeon ever cut her hair and it was a gif of a guy's eyes popping out
he was turning into a werewolf

innGbKZHLPHlo.gif

BUT DID I LIE??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom