• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

luso

Hoe much mainstream is Ilbe or that term/word? It is an internet/young people stuff or is well known by general population?

T-ara meeting in a park lot?

EofrrPa.jpg

CNYKxly.jpg

tumblr_mmt7l5azIo1ra6hklo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmt7cmN0ao1ra6hklo3_400.jpg

ramyeon

They do, lol. Go to Ilbe and you see they are pushing to get Secret up the charts.

Also there is a bit more nuance that I think makes it funny. The way Ilbe makes it negative is by using it sarcastically, essentially like it is ganging up on someone. They'll call to "democratize" something and that is like a signal to downvote it en masse. So basically now people are doing to Hyosung the exact sort of thing she used the term to describe. They are like the shittest part of /b/ but I still think the irony in this is hilarious.
Yeah I went over there to see the reaction and they're loving the attention. They'll probably start treating her as one of their own lol.

Yeah I know they use it sarcastically, but that's kind of the issue really. They're right wing extremists and their use of the word is a reflection of their political views. Instead of democracy being a good thing it takes on a meaning to "destroy" or "make disappear" for them usually. I see what you mean by irony, but the issue isn't her intended meaning but the word she used to express that. Her statement basically implied that democracy destroys individuality.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah I know they use it sarcastically, but that's kind of the issue really. They're right wing extremists and their use of the word is a reflection of their political views. Instead of democracy being a good thing it takes on a meaning to "destroy" or "make disappear" for them usually. I see what you mean by irony, but the issue isn't her intended meaning but the word she used to express that. Her statement basically implied that democracy destroys individuality.
That's the only thing that didn't make sense to me. I understand why they'd use it that way if they were anarchists, but not how it works from an authoritarian viewpoint.

Chesskid1

Banned
damn with diadem raising $500 in like 4 hrs for food support + all the people showing up when the fanmeeting was announced like 15 hours ago, this is going pretty well.

hypeddd, hope they arrive soon.

ramyeon

That's the only thing that didn't make sense to me. I understand why they'd use it that way if they were anarchists, but not how it works from an authoritarian viewpoint.
I don't understand how Ilbe users think either but from what I can gather they generally believe that South Korea would have been better off under the military dictatorship and even that North Korea made the South democratise to ruin them. They generally think that democratisation should be used to mean oppressing one's freedom or similar terms because they feel that is what democracy has done to South Korea.

Wait a second, is the t-ara fan meet seriously in a parking lot? Comedic gold.

Chesskid1

Banned
i've been reading hyosung might be really screwed because ilbe is showing their full support for hyosung now, and they are calling her the ilbe queen, and that is REALLY bad being associated with ilbe.

hyosung :( be strong

ramyeon

i've been reading hyosung might be really screwed because ilbe is showing their full support for hyosung now, and they are calling her the ilbe queen, and that is REALLY bad being associated with ilbe.

hyosung :( be strong
It sucks because I like Hyosung but she has to be seriously stupid to have said that. I can't sympathise with her, she dug her own grave. Maybe netizens will forget it after a few more lingerie shoots but I doubt it lol.

vanty

YG who's next thing updated to being CL - First solo single. So it probably means she'll have a solo song to begin promotions for a new 2NE1 album just like Bom did before.

Exercise

Neo Member
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been around since the 2nd incarnation of this thread and registered when the T-ara meltdown first happened. I come bringing a gift:

Fancams always the best cams and this Jung is the best Jung.

milkham

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been around since the 2nd incarnation of this thread and registered when the T-ara meltdown first happened. I come bringing a gift:

Fancams always the best cams and this Jung is the best Jung.

welcome, i like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom