• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

I am not surprised. I have worked for a Korean company. I can't even fathom how ANYTHING that requires a collaborative effort is accomplished there. #truthFACT
I don't know about your experience, I'm sure it would vary case by case. All of my Korean friends who work for large companies (Samsung, CJ among others) have said pretty much the opposite though. A lot of their work is collaborative and a lot of the training is to build up group spirit so they can work well together, it makes sense with most of Korean culture coming from Confucianism and is a large complaint of workers there as they cannot be as creative and individual as they want.

Doesn't really apply to AKP though as it's US based and Johnny Noh is kind of infamous for being a dirtbag anyway.

B-Dex

From my experience... everyone will "respect" the people in higher positions but it's free reign over your peers. SO much backstabbing and sabotage. Hilarious levels of it.

ramyeon

From my experience... everyone will "respect" the people in higher positions but it's free reign over your peers. SO much backstabbing and sabotage. Hilarious levels of it.
Well yeah, seniority always overrules everything even actual skill or knowledge. And people will crawl all over each other to climb that ladder. Sad really, it kind of stagnates companies and makes the whole workplace kind of old fashioned since fresh, new ideas aren't being taken seriously. It depends on the company and position though as some are a bit more progressive than others. But at the same time there is a big focus on being part of a larger effort and not wanting to stick your head out too much.

ramyeon

God damn Hyori.

jb212l3SOjZmaw.jpg

iblJLSFZb9YXx2.jpg

iMvdhhjxnzdEa.jpg

inIJ3Lt988BBX.jpg

ibyGWCGvT0l5T0.jpg

i0TQnGoxJIT9Q.jpg

iIxOswcQjp9yq.jpg

ir5uqdn4bnbdS.jpg

No No Eul

More details on Nana's condition:

allkpop said:
Earlier today, After School's Nana was said to be recuperating after a fall from the stage and that she seemed to have suffered no serious injuries. However, Pledis Entertainment has just revealed that the idol has just recently gone through a second check up after she continued to experience pain.

With the additional check up, it's been found that there is severe shock and contusion to her pelvic region, so Nana has been hospitalized.

As expected, she'll be halting all her activities and focus solely on recovering. This also means that the group, who is currently missing Lizzy due to her own injury, will be promoting as 6 members for now.

The agency said, "Accrording to the exam results, there is fortunately no damage to the bone, but as the pain continues and various symptoms have been discovered, we will be canceling all her activities and she'll be getting rest to recover."

It seems Taeyeon is in Florida after all.
ibqP8rBo4V2PpU.jpg

Despicable me 2 !!! #margotaengu

isrMSEG9GWDBi.jpg

A h my prince~~~s ♥ #Despicable_me #minions

iXlhreuuYHOu5.jpg

♥_♥!! #Hogwarts #Harrypotter

ibpEqxxEeJKgrh.jpg

Meanwhile Yuri is NYC.
i6IOJwrTExFIW.jpg

What shall I eat..?

Jing and Areum:

Instagoo

Pendulum

Might be a few days, but if anyone comes across a sub of this week's Weekly Idol, please do let me know. :)

BNGNYENCIAAO-Kp.jpg:large

BNGHiL0CMAAbItY.jpg:large

------

BNG0oalCcAAC09n.png

-----

Aaaaaand here's Haragram

8bd25026d8af11e287f422000a1f9afa_7.jpg

5b34d4ccd8b711e29caa22000a1f96f6_7.jpg

Edit: Beaten by No No Eul, and with a better name for it.

So Dokish.. are you going to track down Crayon Pop? they should be promoting by the time you arrive there.

I like Hyori's 'Crazy' a lot more than 'Bad Girls'. It's a pity she wont promote it.

Sunny Hill's 'Darling of All Hearts' is horrible. Hopefully in 6 months time when Janghyun comes back from the army they'll to their senses.

Everything about music groups save the artists/music is absolute shit.

FTFY.

It's not just K-pop imo. Groups these days have the worst fandoms thanks to the internet. Hell anything that spawns a fandom becomes really dumb in the long run.

I am not surprised. I have worked for a Korean company. I can't even fathom how ANYTHING that requires a collaborative effort is accomplished there. #truthFACT

Bahahaha. K-Pop GAF needs it's own CBOAT... somebody who can deliver us #truthfact's that will rock the world and inspire Twitter campaigns.

God damn Hyori.

ir5uqdn4bnbdS.jpg

If this is real, this is the biggest Korean ass I've ever seen. @__@

The rest of the pics though... goddamn indeed!

Holy shit Gaf. Those riots in Brazil tucked my flight. I'm in Japan, waiting to go to Seoul in an hour. Finally!

Nice. I was wondering if those riots caught ya or something.

Btw, how was Dallas?

dokish

Banned
I never made to Dallas. I lost my flight and they had to re route me. I'm also without my bags. I'm walking after a cute lady trying to resolve the problems.

News soon

Pendulum

I never made to Dallas. I lost my flight and they had to re route me. I'm also without my bags. I'm walking after a cute lady trying to resolve the problems.

News soon

You can't just take her bags instead, man
or her

-----

Sulli spotted filming Running Man.

fx-Sulli-park-ji-sung_1371649654_af_org.jpg

Kuno

Asian Junkie posted an article about the whole Allkpop / NetizenBuzz situation. Not a whole lot of new info but there are some interesting points. He/she describes the NB girl in the Monday livestream as "One of the people involved with Netizen Buzz (she’s not even the main cog)"

What the heck? I thought she was a one-person crew.

http://www.asianjunkie.com/2013/06/...uns-a-successful-site-defends-them-seriously/

For those that don't know, and I don't think it was mentioned here, she was known as VITALSIGN on allkpop. That author name should look familiar because she did a TON of articles for AKP while she was there.

ryan-ts

Much more importantly, Park Ji Sung!

I wonder if the members will freak out like they did last time. Not many male guests have gotten the response PJS did when he was on the show. When Ji Sung was revealed they all ran to him like he was Santa Claus, that was some good shit.

roaSone

Ji Sung is now good friend with the RM cast, so I think it'll be a more friendly welcome than a national star first appearance at a variety show welcome, just my 20 cents tho.

Pendulum

tumblr_moml10Fgqk1r8xm7po1_500.gif

tumblr_momkygwwAB1r8xm7po1_500.gif

tumblr_momlk3Uzhd1r8xm7po2_500.gif

tumblr_momkygwwAB1r8xm7po4_500.gif

------

Edit: Lizzy :(

allkpop said:
Lizzy revealed how she felt about leaving the hit SBS variety show, 'Running Man'.

I got depressed after leaving 'Running Man'. - Lizzy

Lizzy was a special guest on the June 19 episode of 'Radio Star'. On the program, the topic of her leaving 'Running Man' was brought up and Lizzy said, "I got depressed after leaving 'Running Man'. At first, I was just a guest, but I thought I did well because I eventually joined the cast and became a permanent member. But even then, I was edited out a lot from the scenes, and articles were popping up saying I wasn't a permanent cast member but just a long-term guest."

She added, "After I left, people asked me, 'Were you fired from Running Man?'. I left because of my schedules filming for a sitcom, but I was hurt because of the response I was getting.I think I was even more upset because it was my first variety show in which I was a permanent member."

Lizzy concluded, "I had a hard time back then, but I'm fine now. Also, Yoo Jae Suk oppa talked positively about me after the Entertainment Daesang, so I was completely good after that."

But when the MCs asked her, "If they call you back, would you go back?", and Lizzy answered without a single's moment of hesitation: "Yes!".

Pendulum

Much more importantly, Park Ji Sung!

tnVsr8s.jpg

Edit: And oh hey, related:

After rumors surfaced, Kim Min Ji admitted that she was dating soccer player Park Ji Sung.

SBS' 'One Night of TV Entertainment' tried to interview Kim Min Ji while she was participating on her show, 'Live Broadcast Today'. Because of the photos that had surfaced, an incredible number of cameras had come to see her. She said nervously, "I wish we could just go about as usual where we had only a few cameras."

However, Kim Il Joong caught her at a better time and went to see her when she was filming 'Football Magazine Goal!'. She said, "I don't have anything to tell you". But when Kim Il Joong asked, "How do you feel about the rumors being reported?", she said, "It just turned out like that". When he asked,"Can I tell you congratulations?", and she admitted to the rumors by saying, "If you say it, I'll accept it."

On the press conference that Park Ji Sung scheduled with the press on the 20th, she said, "I think he'll be able to explain everything properly then."

------

ryan-ts

Edit: Lizzy :(

At least Lizzy seems to be okay with leaving the show now. She was still pretty young when she first came on Running Man so it couldn't have been easy for her. As an aside, I would be more than happy to see Lizzy replace Suzy as a guest for future episodes.

ramyeon

In other news, Dal Shabet's comeback should be interesting...

jbn0c1PZz4edaD.jpg

1. [+1,262, -69] What is the MOGEF doing? All of the singers are just stripping down one by one...

2. [+906, -30] I wonder how much sh*t you have to have for brains to think of coming up with a dance like this

3. [+778, -66] All four of you, lay on the floor!!!!

4. [+500, -50] Why are girls so desperate to strip???

5. [+432, -18] So are they going to work in room salons after this stage?

6. [+271, -13] Not that big of a deal... Idols even wear panties on stage these days.

7. [+168, -22] Masturbation material

8. [+138, -25] Dammit, the lock on my room door is broken.

9. [+133, -15] This is nothing compared to the other stuff in the industry these days...

10. [+127, -9] Why is our country turning so cheap! No wonder sexual criminals are increasing! What is our country doing not handling issues like this!

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/dal-shabets-comeback.html
Dokish, is that you?

In all seriousness though, whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired. I can see that they're doing it to try and pull Dal Shabet out of their rut of rookie level obscurity, a pretty sad state of affairs for the group since it's been a few years since their debut, but I really can't see this doing them any favours with the greater public. Especially with the current public outcry against this sort of choreography.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There's sexy and there's trashy. There's some overlap but in my opinion taking off a skirt on stage even if there's something underneath comes under trashy.
Keep doing it until nobody has a problem with it.

imnana

Neo Member
Yeah, no. I can't get behind that. People are always gonna have a problem with that.

It's not empowering or good sexy, it's objectifying and gross.

How is it objectifying? I've seen worse choreo than someone opening the front of a skirt to show shorts underneath.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Let's clear up some vague presuppositions. What is the relationship between objectification and empowerment?

imnana

Neo Member
How could you not understand why that's objectifying?

There being worse choreo out there means naught, that's a moot point.

Just saying that you're acting as if they're nearly naked & on the ground twerking. I wouldn't go as far as calling it gross.

ramyeon

Let's clear up some vague presuppositions. What is the relationship between objectification and empowerment?
There being a purpose or benefit to be gained from it vs just plain simple overtly sexualised eye candy. The act of opening/taking off a skirt like that is on stage is presenting them as sexual objects imo. I'd love to hear any other view of it though.
Just saying that you're acting as if they're nearly naked & on the ground twerking. I wouldn't go as far as calling it gross.
It's a gross trend. The connotations of opening your skirt on stage like that are the point, not whether or not there's actually something beneath it. Girl groups on the idol scene use these dances to generate shock factor to bring attention towards them, that's not empowering at all. Of course I've seen worse, and at the end of the day it doesn't affect me at all but it's still a dumb move by their management imo.

imnana

Neo Member
It's a gross trend. The connotations of opening your skirt on stage like that are the point, not whether or not there's actually something beneath it. Girl groups on the idol scene use these dances to generate shock factor to bring attention towards them, that's not empowering at all. Of course I've seen worse, and at the end of the day it doesn't affect me at all but it's still a dumb move by their management imo.

I guess we just have differing opinions. I understand what you mean now though, but I still personally don't see any problem with it. Honestly the only thing I have a problem with is that guy groups can take off their shirts and thrust all the time and it's ok but as soon as a girl group shows the slightest bit of sexuality there's outcry (not this incident in particular), but that's another issue that's prevalent everywhere, in the entertainment industry and otherwise.

Selane

Honestly the only thing I have a problem with is that guy groups can take off their shirts and thrust all the time and it's ok but as soon as a girl group shows the slightest bit of sexuality there's outcry (not this incident in particular), but that's another issue that's prevalent everywhere, in the entertainment industry and otherwise.

It's not prevalent in this thread, unless you are Ramyeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom