• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwlnd

Banned
db3ca442ebcc11e2845f22000a9f3c3e_7.jpg

llehuty

A pairing for what?

A five-part drama series featuring KARA called 'Secret Love'.

Gyuri, Hara, Seungyeon, Jiyoung, and Nicole will star in the five-part romantic melodrama featuring one act plays led by each of the five members. The drama will touch upon the different kinds of love including one-sided love, first love, breakups, and more.

Sulli_7.8.2013.jpg

I hope this is not comeback hair colour.
It probably is :'(

d374ba31jw1e6k1e1uanij20l60e0abl.jpg

Pendulum

Gyuri, Hara, Seungyeon, Jiyoung, and Nicole will star in the five-part romantic melodrama featuring one act plays led by each of the five members. The drama will touch upon the different kinds of love including one-sided love, first love, breakups, and more.

That's gotta be Kwang Soo. :p

AReed

Attempted to watch YTBLSS. Stopped after three eps. That's my 5th attempt at watching K-dramas. There's just something about the cinematography, the pace, and the monotonousness of them all. Maybe I'm just not giving them a fair shot to suck me in.

(._.)

Banned
Amuri saeng gakhaedo maldo andwae, bad girl
Jakkuman ni saenggage michyeo michyeo, bad girl
Tteonaji mallago nege sorichyeodo
Dwi dora bojido anhneun, bad girl

Peru

Attempted to watch YTBLSS. Stopped after three eps. That's my 5th attempt at watching K-dramas. There's just something about the cinematography, the pace, and the monotonousness of them all. Maybe I'm just not giving them a fair shot to suck me in.

Which five?

Have you checked out IRIS? It's got lots of action, drama and Kim Tae Hee.

I don't know about anyone else but I skip through most dramas just watching the main plot. There's usually way too much filler and boring side stories. Most kdramas I have watched would work better with half the episodes.

ramyeon

I don't know about anyone else but I skip through most dramas just watching the main plot. There's usually way too much filler and boring side stories. Most kdramas I have watched would work better with half the episodes.
They definitely have pacing issues but that's often because I watch multiple episodes at a time. If I was watching one episode a week as they were broadcast (Or at the most 2 a week) then it wouldn't be as bad I think. I don't skip scenes because I just can't do that though, don't like missing stuff even if it is filler.
I know lol.

I remember that I also tried watching Reply 1997 and School 2013. It seems like all these dramas have the same style and format.
Reply 1997 was great and one of the few serials I felt didn't suffer from many pacing issues at all.

giri

I've powered through a bunch of k-drama recently so for those just getting started, here's some thoughts. I know Conce and Milk have watched way more than me

Reply 1997
Good show. Entertaining. Not too much filler. Lots of really good cameo's and the cast just worked. story was a little predictable, but eh, still good.

Gu Family Book
If you treat it as a serious show, it was average at best. As a live action anime? p.good. It's entertaining though the acting is pretty bad on the whole. But suzy is cute throughout so there is that. Story goes in a weird tangent that makes no sense, leaves a lot un-answered and the ending is soul crushingly bad.

Nailshop Paris.
Bloody horrible. Acting isn't bad. Stories are terrible and cliche and very obvious. Concept of the whole show is even worse.

Innocent Man
Very good. struggles with a lot of "dramatic camera shots of people doing nothing but staring", but story is good, ending is surprisingly good, and i can't say it ever got predictable. Characters are a bit out there at times, but on the whole, it was very well done.

I Miss You AKA Missing You
Probably my pick of the lot. Great characters, acting is better than most, and solid story. actually, better than solid, the story is really great. It's just good from start to end. The young girl in this i believe is now the Music Core host. And Yoon Eun-hye is a hottie. Pacing is good for the most, stuff keeps moving along, and its pretty charming over all. You'll get freaked the fuck out by the stuff that happens ~ ep5 - 7. But stick with it. It deals with all of that really well.

Fashion King
I really liked this show. Story was mediocre, but the characters were really good. Acting was decent or better. SSK is actually REALLY awesome in this and everyone who didn't fall in love with her while watching this has no soul. DO NOT WATCH THE LAST EP, CAUSE FUCK YOU WHO EVER WROTE THAT ENDING.

ramyeon

Watch My Name Is Kim Sam Soon for a good introduction to Korean dramas, not to mention it's a classic. Still one of my all time favourites.

jokkir

Speaking of K-Dramas, how's Boys Over Flowers? I keep getting recommended that even from friends that don't like anything Korean.

giri

Yeah me too, that probably has a lot to do with it.

No one said it did, it's a character driven drama that's meant to appeal to nostalgia, which it did perfectly.

Eh, i said the story was good. But thats it. it's good. It's not great. You're spot on, that its character driven.

ramyeon

Eh, i said the story was good. But thats it. it's good. It's not great. You're spot on, that its character driven.
Ah okay, I read that sentence as in "The story is predictable, but it's still a good show overall." Yeah, the story's pretty irrelevant in judging Reply 1997 though, it's not the focus really.

giri

Ah okay, I read that sentence as in "The story is predictable, but it's still a good show overall." Yeah, the story's pretty irrelevant in judging Reply 1997 though, it's not the focus really.

Yeah, it was more meant in a, the story is solid enough that it doesn't detract from the rest of it. Which is basically all that it needed to be.

ramyeon

The story is always the least important thing about a drama.
I don't quite agree. There are many dramas that put more focus on the story and I'll watch regardless of the characters because I want to see where the story goes. Reply 1997 I watched because I liked watching the characters interact and not because I wanted to see where they ended up, it felt more like a slice of life drama as opposed to a drama that is working towards a specific climax imo.

Yeah, the story's pretty irrelevant in judging Reply 1997 though, it's not the focus really.

Indeed. Eunji was the focus of that show thankfully.

Joking aside, Eunji's character was pretty much the focus of that show. I honestly don't think it would've succeeded at all if Shi-won had a lame ass personality. Then of course, Eunji's was fncking fantastic in that show. The stars aligned perfectly to make the show great.

ramyeon

Indeed. Eunji was the focus of that show thankfully.

Joking aside, Eunji's character was pretty much the focus of that show. I honestly don't think it would've succeeded at all if Shi-won had a lame ass personality. Then of course, Eunji's was fncking fantastic in that show. The stars aligned perfectly to make the show great.
Haha, Eunji does tend to overshadow the rest of the cast on the show but it was a pretty good cast all around.

Eunji had the upper hand of basically playing herself and being able to use her native Busan dialect I think.

giri

Haha, Eunji does tend to overshadow the rest of the cast on the show but it was a pretty good cast all around.

Eunji had the upper hand of basically playing herself and being able to use her native Busan dialect I think.

Eunji was just prefect for the role.

From seeing her on A-pinkeu Newseu ... it's not that far from her real life personality either (maybe a little less stalker irl).

But the whole cast just worked really well.

And every cameo just worked out too.

No No Eul

Right, here we go, somewhat later than expected. Part I of the results for K-Pop GAF's end of first semester poll. I thought I'd better put these in some sort of order. It's not ideal but it's better than nothing I guess.

The first category contains songs that received a majority of 'Who?' votes, ordered lowest to highest:

LADIES CODE - BAD GIRL

igKAoAPlQWd9U.jpg

27% Who? (I have better things to do with my time than pay attention to bottom tier groups.)

25% Meh. (I was indifferent towards it.)

24% Yes. (I generally liked the song.)

17% No. (I generally disliked the song.)

6% Other.

iJkPFzV4yj5m1.png

(The digits displayed in the pie charts indicate the number of votes rather than percentages.)

TOOTHPASTE GIRL & FRIEND - 24/7

ibu0BAHcpFbqcR.jpg

31% Who?

27% Yes.

25% Meh.

16% No.

2% Other.

ibadWEYozud2Iw.png

SKARF - LUV VIRUS

ibaTetk5VrV8aE.jpg

38% Who?

24% Meh.

17% Yes.

17% No.

3% Other.

ibyX4MCxW2Sh6Q.png

TWO X - RING MA BELL, RING MA BELL, RING MA BELL, RING MA BELL, BELL

ikvGyDqJUchSG.jpg

38% Who?

29% No.

17% Meh.

13% Yes.

3% Other.

i9QxxDfOaYA0g.png

And the Ignominious Award for Least Cared About Song for the first half of 2013 goes to:

DIYOONIS - THANK YOU

iyR4N5weDpamK.jpg

40% Who?

31% Yes.

16% No.

11% Meh.

2% Other.

ibbdat8okxaXFE.png

It's at this point that I have to wonder whether referring to D-Unit as Diyoonis (and 2Yoon as Toothpaste Girl & Friend) didn't really do them any favours... Oh well. You live and learn.

Now here's EvoL in a category all of their own as they received an equal number of 'Who?' votes and 'No' votes:

EVOL - GET UP

ivFOQj2ktVPJH.jpg

28% Who?

28% No.

23% Yes.

17% Meh.

3% Other.

i09wV9uuybVC4.png

GET BONUS

Internet cherub and Ym1r's bride-to-be 임지금 / skswldms2 / Ice Cream Girl has cropped up in the thread from time to time, but what does K-Pop GAF make of her?

ICG - OMG QT

ibwicYfygicQLC.jpg

44% No seriously what is this I still don't even.

30% Yes.

22% No.

5% Other.

0% Meh.

ibh0bAzOxadRQQ.png

skasaha

Neo Member
O man, I really liked D-Unit's stuff, especially from debut. You guys should listen to them more!

(Wooram is a lot more relevant than her sister anyway, who doesn't seem to do that much in T-ara :p)

I also want to support Skarf, but I don't really like their sound. Tasha (and Ferlyn) is an awesome dancer, too.

giri

O man, I really liked D-Unit's stuff, especially from debut. You guys should listen to them more!

(Wooram is a lot more relevant than her sister anyway, who doesn't seem to do that much in T-ara :p)

I also want to support Skarf, but I don't really like their sound. Tasha (and Ferlyn) is an awesome dancer, too.

The new Skarf mini is really good. The acoustic track is nice and i don't normally like that sort o thang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom