• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanty

Seeing these few idols quitting twitter made me realise that I haven't noticed any Secret members tweeting for quite a while and just looked and apart from a couple retweets of BAPcrap nothing since May for any of them. All because of the Hyosung controversy stuff?

gah why top of page with this boringness ;/

ramyeon

Seeing these few idols quitting twitter made me realise that I haven't noticed any Secret members tweeting for quite a while and just looked and apart from a couple retweets of BAPcrap nothing since May for any of them. All because of the Hyosung controversy stuff?

gah why top of page with this boringness ;/
Probably.

Kind of relevant

Entertainment agencies have begun to force an 'Ilbe ban' on their idols due to the increasing amount of celebrities who have tarnished their images by misusing a term from the internet website.

JYP, an agency that houses miss A and 2PM, spoke with 'Sports Kyunghyang' in an interview and said, "We're monitoring their activities consistently. We all know what kind of place Ilbe is. We're making sure that none of our members are visiting the site and are also observing our trainees."

Another associate of a different agency added, "When idol stars interact with their fans on message boards or SNS, they pick up and start using words that they don't know where it's originally from. We've warned them all to be careful."

Other entertainment agencies have gone as far as to create a list of Ilbe terminology. A large entertainment agency said, "There's a chance that idols might use these words without knowing the meaning so we made a print out of a list of words like 'nomu nomu' and 'democratization' and handed them out to all of our celebrities."

Agencies are also making extra sure that their celebrities aren't being advertised on the site. On the 1st, an A Pink ad came up on Ilbe, causing a controversy over whether the A Pink members were Ilbe users as well. A Cube was quick to clarify, "The ad was not placed by our company or their official fanclubs. It seems that A Pink's anti fans placed the ad. We have already requested that it be taken down."

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/agencies-place-ilbe-ban-on-idols.html

dokish

Banned
SNSD are preparing a fan sign soon in Myeongdong.

http://crayonpop.tistory.com/1013

Seems like only 200 people can participate? You have to buy one of the beauty products. How the fuck can only 200 people make it? I'ts gonna be hell that day. DAMN can't wait.

People with better Korean translate.

EDIT: First come first served, seems like it. Holy shit people will camp in there. I'm gonna loose.

ramyeon

SNSD are preparing a fan sign soon in Myeongdong.

http://crayonpop.tistory.com/1013

Seems like only 200 people can participate? You have to buy one of the beauty products. How the fuck can only 200 people make it? I'ts gonna be hell that day. DAMN can't wait.

People with better Korean translate.
They're choosing 100 people who purchase Hair Couture products from Olive Young and 100 people from an online lottery.

dokish

Banned
SNSD will choose?

Then obviously I can make it, right? I'm a foreigner, I just have to shout "Brazil loves you!" and they will pick me because I'm not a random Korean.

I'm excited.

ramyeon

SNSD will choose?

Then obviously I can make it, right? I'm a foreigner, I just have to shout "Brazil loves you!" and they will pick me because I'm not a random Korean.

I'm excited.
No, it's a lottery either way. First way is to buy a Hair Couture product from Olive Young, get a number on your receipt and enter through Olive Young's web page (You can enter multiple times), second way is to enter a random draw on Hair Couture's homepage (Only one time entry permitted).

llehuty

If there's one bullshit manouvre SM does over and over again it's the phony pre-order numbers. If it sells 300k in its first week I'll change my avatar to Chris Brown.

EXO sell 380,000 albums and take over top 2 spots on the Gaon
Monthly
Chart
for June, highest monthly album sales in 2013

mUwjm.gif

2NE1 - Falling in Love (Dance practice)

2EYES join the cast of 'SNL Korea'

dokish

Banned
In a few days the premiere of a movie called "Mr. Go" is gonna happen. Is a movie about a friendship between a giant Gorilla and a cute pre-teenager. I really wanna see.

And I just found out that Taeyon sings the (probably) ending/dramatic moment theme. Here's the video: http://youtu.be/YgbQE84cm8M

I don't wanna see just because of spoilers, but sounds like a good song.

30000282873_700.jpg

29120937436_61000090.jpg

dokish

Banned

Can't live with them, can't live without them I think...

Maybe the movie is gonna be crap, but seriously, I have a good feeling about this one. I don't expect a movie about a Gorilla in a baseball team to blow me away, but I wanna see because it's different from all the cheap action and romance/comedy movies we get lately. Movies about retarded couples and silly stuff.

For example, 반창꼬 (don't know the translation, watch the trailer) was awful, awful movie. But "Tower" (타워) was a Korean version of a World Trade Center (people screaming, firefighters in tough situations, etc). The movie was kind predictable, shallow characters and nothing new, but it was enjoyable and fun... thing a lot of Korean movies lack.

I told you guys here. The Pacific Rim premiere was FUCKING EMPTY! In Myeongdong! Not some obscure and hidden movie theater.

dokish

Banned
Well Pacific Rim opened #1 in Korea so, it must be like that with most foreign releases there.

People must go to different theaters then :(

I was in Daehan Cinema and Myeongdong Station (CGV) theater, and those are, AFAIK, the place were the majority of people go. It's raining a lot here, so maybe they just go to the nearest one (from their houses)? I don't know.

EDIT: Opening #1 is good right?

Alright finally got around to listen to Ailee's mini.

U & I is really a solid single. The video as we all saw was amazeballs, but the song is much much better. I love what they did with the horns and the feel of the song is just too good. It's rough but it doesn't wanna slap you in the face.

Too bad about the sound quality though, Ailee's voice isn't compressed much, but jeebus christ the chorus with all the horns and everything going on, it's compressed to hell and back. iTunes "Sound Check" reduces the dB by about 12... that's how loud the mix is. And I don't usually care if a song is compressed as I know it's an amazing tool when used right, but here... nope, not one bit.

Here's hoping for a live version on Sketchbook soon.

No No No is also a good candidate for a single. It's energetic enough and I can see it working well during promotions. My only complaint, is again the amount of compression.

Best song is track 4, "How Can This Be." This song is a perfect example of why I fell in love with her. Her singing is just full of feel, combined that with her singing ability... it's just soooo goood.

The rest of the album is also decent, but nothing to write home about really. Regardless, it's definitely much better than Invitation imo. And worth a listen especially if you're after singing ability instead of something else. Also, dem thighs. Best thighs in all of K-Pop.

B.O.O.M

Korean movies, like their dramas can be hit or miss ..mostly miss. But War of Arrows, Man from Nowhere, by the book are all solid movies

On a different note...I find 'wolf' to be one of the most annoying songs I have ever heard...I'm not even sure why :S It sounds like an intro/outro of an album than a song to me

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

caesar

Banned
do you have a degree that's related to teaching or english?
or did you get in with just a random bachelors?
I'm considering making the move there

Sorry late reply.

I have an English degree and I got in through the EPIK program. www.epik.go.kr

You can get in with any BA though as long as you also have a 100hr TEFL course, so I'd go for it. If you were thinking about the Feb 2014 intakes I'd start looking into it now as it is a lengthy app process.

The benefits are great -

2.1m won salary for only 22hrs of lessons/week

Paid Accommodation

Paid Flights

300k won settlement allowance

Paid holiday etc, so you can hop over to Japan/Thailand

The main catch is although you get to specify where you would like to go, if you don't get in there then you have no choice in the matter of where they put you. That's why putting Seoul can be risky as naturally it is the city with the most demand, so I would maybe recommend putting a satellite city down. It could be worse though at this point, you are still going after all. Feel free to ask me anything!

EDIT: My god some of the women in this thread, I should look in here more.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
This BESTie 두근두근_베스티 MV is quite butt-centric. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom