• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

The Infinite single is not Sweetune, for the first time. Producer is Rphabet.

tumblr_mq0qye6cqe1qzjb8ko1_500.jpg

vanty

So my suspicions were right then smh

Maybe I should make a separate thread tbh men always getting paid DUST in here. The SEGREGATION and SEXISM is real
Why assume it's being ignored because it's guys? Big Bang gets plenty of attention when they have new stuff.

Peru

We like Infinite though. My first listen to the new single was basically 'they lost some of their identity with Sweetune gone" but I'll try again later today.

Pendulum

Welcome to the thread, ev0!

I'd ask for the usual drill of your Soshi ranking and fav groups, but I see your profile pic. Hell, I'm going to ask anyway...

ev0

Welcome to the thread, ev0!

I'd ask for the usual drill of your Soshi ranking and fav groups, but I see your profile pic. Hell, I'm going to ask anyway...

Welcome dude!

Thanks!
I'm horrible at lists because it depends on my mood or maybe I'm just wishy washy, but I think I can do soshi

1. Taeyeon (set in stone!)
2. Tiff
3. Yuri
4. Yoona
5. Jessica
6. Seohyun
7. Sunny
8. Sooyoung
9. Hyeoyeon

Groups? Man, I dunno...I think I like SNSD more now just because they are who they are (music got worse). I liked 2NE1's older music a lot. I like Rainbow because some of them are hot. BEG is cool. Music wise, I'm a big Younha fan. I like Taeyang more than Big Bang. Infinite is cool.

Also, this will make me seem old; my sentimental favorite is Turbo and I remember stuff like Jinusean, Clon, SES, Finkl, Baby VOX, Shinhwa when they didnt look too old to be doing this, etc

ramyeon

Thanks!
I'm horrible at lists because it depends on my mood or maybe I'm just wishy washy, but I think I can do soshi

2. Tiff
3. Yuri
4. Yoona
5. Jessica
6. Seohyun
7. Sunny
8. Sooyoung
9. Hyeoyeon

Groups? Man, I dunno...I think I like SNSD more now just because they are who they are (music got worse). I liked 2NE1's older music a lot. I like Rainbow because some of them are hot. BEG is cool. Music wise, I'm a big Younha fan. I like Taeyang more than Big Bang. Infinite is cool.

Also, this will make me seem old; my sentimental favorite is Turbo and I remember stuff like Jinusean, Clon, SES, Finkl, Baby VOX, Shinhwa when they didnt look too old to be doing this, etc
I like you already.

ev0

I like you already.

Haha, thanks. There was a few years where I didn't follow any Korean stuff and then I was at a friends house and she was watching Family Outing. I was like "wait is that Kim Jong Kook? And Lee Hyori?" (I love you Taeyeon but Hyori will probably always be the Queen). And I got roped in again.

Younha is funny. I was really confused at first. "Wait, that's the same girl that did the Bleach anime song?" But now I think she's tops.

ramyeon

Haha, thanks. There was a few years where I didn't follow any Korean stuff and then I was at a friends house and she was watching Family Outing. I was like "wait is that Kim Jong Kook? And Lee Hyori?" (I love you Taeyeon but Hyori will probably always be the Queen). And I got roped in again.

Younha is funny. I was really confused at first. "Wait, that's the same girl that did the Bleach anime song?" But now I think she's tops.
SES and Baby VoX both have two of my childhood crushes (Eugene and Kan Miyoun) haha. Old school kpop was great.

Younha's fantastic, she just keeps getting better. It's crazy that she had to debut in Japan first to get Korean labels to pay attention to her. So talented.

ev0

SES and Baby VoX both have two of my childhood crushes (Eugene and Kan Miyoun) haha. Old school kpop was great.

Younha's fantastic, she just keeps getting better. It's crazy that she had to debut in Japan first to get Korean labels to pay attention to her. So talented.

Yeah, I didn't follow much JPOP so I had no idea she was actually Korean. Only just knew that one song. Glad she persevered though. Puts out great stuff.

Man, Eugene was pretty great; I always hear in back of my head my stupid friend talking about how huge her forehead is whenever I think of her.

I can't believe how easy it is to follow Kpop stuff now. Back in the day, stacks of freaking vhs tapes! (and the occasional show on the korean channel)

ramyeon

Yeah, I didn't follow much JPOP so I had no idea she was actually Korean. Only just knew that one song. Glad she persevered though. Puts out great stuff.

Man, Eugene was pretty great; I always hear in back of my head my stupid friend talking about how huge her forehead is whenever I think of her.

I can't believe how easy it is to follow Kpop stuff now. Back in the day, stacks of freaking vhs tapes! (and the occasional show on the korean channel)
Haha yeah she was definitely the best looking in S.E.S though, and she doesn't seem to have aged a day since.

Yeah it's ridiculous how easy it is. I remember when all my song files were shitty quality .wma files and the videos were tiny .asf files almost the same resolution as my avatar here lol. Anything bigger and it'd take days to download. No YouTube for convenience and hardly any English fansites/blogs. Definitely an age of convenience now.

ev0

Haha yeah she was definitely the best looking in S.E.S though, and she doesn't seem to have aged a day since.

Yeah it's ridiculous how easy it is. I remember when all my song files were shitty quality .wma files and the videos were tiny .asf files almost the same resolution as my avatar here lol. Anything bigger and it'd take days to download. No YouTube for convenience and hardly any English fansites/blogs. Definitely an age of convenience now.

I discovered MP3s way before they hit the mainstream because of Kpop. I remember finding some random site and a copy of Winplay3 (anyone remember that?) to play them. Good times.

It's been fun, but time to hit the sack over here!

llehuty

Welcome ev0. I can already see you have good taste. And that soshi ranking is very close to the k-popGAF rankings; you fit quite well here :)

Happy birthday, Kabuto.

taeyeon.gif

kyon draggin kpopGAF
kyon, give us, C tier time zone europeans, some time to react to new releases :D. After first listen, I think the song is good, but I'm not sure it's going to end up being Infinite good (Torawa, BTD, Be Mine, Paradise and The chaser remain unbothered).

poll results
Also, that flawless k-popGAF taste in music. That top four is god tier. Thanks No No Eul for the poll; those results were hype! I'm so curious
(yeah)
with that one 'No' vote in Wild.

미스에스(Miss $) - 니가 아니었기를 (You were not the..) [Official Teaser]

YG debut male soloist Kang Seung Yoon single is out there, and it doesn't have noises in the background, I'm impressed. There is still hope for Akdong Musician.

Jay Park I LIKE 2 PARTY DANCE PRACTICE (안무연습)

ramyeon

There's no reason to worry about Akdong Musician, they write and compose all their music themselves. YG isn't going to be messing with what they have going, even on Kpop Star he said several times when he was chosen to mentor them that there was "nothing I can do for you except buy you something nice to eat."

The only reason 2NE1 and Big Bang have been "ruined" is because they are groups put together by YG, not pre existing groups that signed with the label.

YG was the best choice they could have made.

ramyeon

Holy crap. I wasn't doing a whole lot of MP3 downloading back then, but when I wanted to play my few Dragonball Z songs on my computer at school, that was the program. Nostalgia bomb.
Haha I remember doing the same with kpop songs on Winplay3 my school computers during IT classes too.

Although a bit later, Winamp takes me back too, mainly because of all the skins and shit people used to put on them. Google searched and even found some I used among many others all those years back:

iLLP5OajGRr0C.gif
iZofn9dqQmI2w.gif
ibmsUPMv0KUGdO.gif

Nostalgia isn't good for me. I've spent all my night watching old kpop videos now.

ryan-ts

Destiny sounds better than Man In Love at least. The music video was cool, looking forward to seeing some live performances. The album has 4 songs so I'll have to check the rst of the album out too.

I got bored so I decided to watch some MVs on my TV through my laptop... it's so much better, don't know if I can go back to watching them on my tiny screen.

tumblr_m0my31JjoO1qgct3eo1_400.gif

ramyeon

I haven't heard anything about BIGBANG being ruined anywhere. The only thing I dislike is the lack of R&B.
I was using them more in the way one would use the air quotes gesture.

llehuty was concerned Akdong Musician would be ruined by YG, I was saying there's no need to be concerned.

I don't mind Big Bang's recent stuff, I quite like a lot of it.

I was using them more in the way one would use the air quotes gesture.

llehuty was concerned Akdong Musician would be ruined by YG, I was saying there's no need to be concerned.

I don't mind Big Bang's recent stuff, I quite like a lot of it.
2NE1 and Epik High had a style and they changed because, Papa YG told them what to do? Maybe Epik High had a preconceived notion of how YG music should sound but how does one explain Tablo's unique solo album? I look at the leaders of those groups and Teddy for the "ruined" status. Change can work. GD changes his music a little too frequently for my liking but we know it can be beneficial for longevity and success. YG's failings and fruitions can be attributed to applying the BIGBANG template to their top tier groups. For the most part, the way they handle solo artist is the best.

milkham

Thanks!

awww shiiit right there with you

and ramyeon

Pendulum

Walk my plank and all that.

Phonomyzer = Kyon?

Acts like Phono, posts in KPop, Pop, True Blood, and XBox threads? My money is on it.

------------

allkpop said:
After a clip of f(x)'s Sulli cursing in Chinese during last week's episode of 'Running Man' made its way through Internet circles, SM Entertainment came forward claiming that she was not actively trying to curse.

The clip in question comes from the recent episode with Park Ji Sung and Patrice Evra. While watching the game from the bleachers above, Sulli can be heard quietly saying around the 63 minute mark, "cao ni ma", a phrase similar to "you m*therf*cker" in English.

"While discussing the Chinese language with the staff members, the topic turned to Chinese curse words," SM Entertainment explained. "We think that the words accidentally came out on broadcast without being edited."

SBS expressed their regret at the situation. "Apparently, the words came through while she was cracking a few jokes," they said. "In any case, the editing mistake is a failure on our part, and we will edit this out in the online streaming version. We will be careful in the future to make sure something like this doesn't happen again."

"Not actively trying to curse"? lol.

Koenigg

Neo Member
Thanks!

2. Tiff
3. Yuri
4. Yoona
5. Jessica
6. Seohyun
7. Sunny
8. Sooyoung
9. Hyeoyeon

Switch Jessica and Tiffany around and that list is golden.

Kyon

Banned
LMFAO Phono is my boo but we aren't the same. We have so much in COMMON. Does hyOGRE have NICE QUALITIES?

Oh and he would NEVER be caught with a Gaga avatar he hates her with a passion

Clipse

Nice to see another old timer in here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom