• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIE6Ty3.jpg

Any chance for this to be good?

Is it a new album or just a repackage?

ramyeon

2NE1 and Epik High had a style and they changed because, Papa YG told them what to do? Maybe Epik High had a preconceived notion of how YG music should sound but how does one explain Tablo's unique solo album? I look at the leaders of those groups and Teddy for the "ruined" status. Change can work. GD changes his music a little too frequently for my liking but we know it can be beneficial for longevity and success. YG's failings and fruitions can be attributed to applying the BIGBANG template to their top tier groups. For the most part, the way they handle solo artist is the best.
YG didn't change anything about Epik High. He gave complete freedom to Tablo and the album that followed was completely their doing, Tablo has always said that.

2NE1 is beside the point, they are a group that YG put together. What I'm saying is that while he has quite a lot of input into his own groups he generally lets pre established artists that join the label have creative freedom with what they do so there is no reason to worry.

I honestly didn't think it was that hard to understand, maybe I worded it badly.

TheChits

This episode (and the one before it) were the best episodes of Running Man in ages! Park Jisung is always gold when he visits and Evra may be the greatest guest they've *ever* had!

Agreed. It seemed like the cast really got along with them and Evra appeared to be having a blast. Great few episodes

Hellix

Because their recent comeback was crappy.

Tablo's solo album is crazy awesome. Really laid back and powerful at the same time. You should get that soon.

Thought that was common knowledge.

Admittedly, I was never interested in K-hiphop. I only ever checked out Tablo's solo album, which I thought was great. And yeah, I only listened to Epik High's 99 album and never bothered to explore their older stuff because of that. Their older albums are totally different, and I really enjoyed them.

Guys it's my 20th birthday today!
some Taeyeon or Sojin fan service would be a great present.

Happy Birthday
hCINVMu.gif

Damn that gif is smooth.

Because I have flawless tasTe and Flop-ra has no talenT
iBNURTqODWz4J.jpg

Nah, you're cool to me. :)

Biscuits

Yeah "cao ni ma" basically means "f- your mom", so it's pretty offensive. Regrettable that it was aired.

Latest Running Man was great. Nice to see a guest who isn't afraid to horse around with the cast. I was laughing so much at the
Straw Soccer section, who knew pitting legitimate players against each other in a bastardized version of their own game could so funny!

Welcome ev0 and happy b-day kabuto!
photobook2dvdtaeng681o.gif

ramyeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4u3BzM0rqo

New f(x) teaser/art film.

Promising. I like that SM is taking chances and experimenting with f(x). This teaser is aesthetically really pleasing.

- July 29th release for Pink Tape, their second album. According to the credits the song played is called 미행 (그림자; Shadow)
미행 means Shadow but as in "to shadow/follow someone". 그림자 means shadow in the more traditional sense of a person's shadow.

- Composed by Sophie Michelle Ellis-Bextor (If it's who I'm thinking of, I remember her song Murder on the Dancefloor from my childhood), Cathy Dennis and Rob Fusari with Korean lyrics by Jeon Gandhi.

Promising. I like that SM is taking chances and experimenting with f(x). This teaser is aesthetically really pleasing.

- July 29th release for Pink Tape, their second album. According to the credits the song played is called 미행 (그림자; Shadow)
미행 means Shadow but as in "to shadow/follow someone". 그림자 means shadow in the more traditional sense of a person's shadow.

- Composed by Sophie Michelle Ellis-Bextor (If it's who I'm thinking of, I remember her song Murder on the Dancefloor from my childhood), Cathy Dennis and Rob Fusari with Korean lyrics by Jeon Gandhi.

dat narration voice. not digging the fany-like red hair, but just excited their comeback is happening soon

tumblr_mq0nq5HOfn1qa25pqo1_500.gif

beatsan

Neo Member

So !hype! for this

imnana

Neo Member

Yasssssssssss my girls. Finally.

teaser pic:

Xamdou

Looks great, whose voice was it in the beginning narration?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Don't make fun of Fany in that gif. It's like one of the two looks she rocks out of the park.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

hooooooooooooly shit so hypedddddddddddasklasjkldasdjklasdjklasdjkl

Biscuits

Wow, impressive, Sophie Ellis-Bextor is pretty big isn't she? I wonder how SM secured this one. Looking forward to it.

Peru

f(x), get hyped. Love that they're sticking to their college photography club aesthetics, they got their niche, no doubt the single will deliver, this buzz track is not bad either.

Ellis Bextor isn't exactly huge anymore, not unusual for pop stars who've lost some star shine to move on to songwriting and SM have always worked with Universal Europe.

Kabuto

f(x), get hyped. Love that they're sticking to their college photography club aesthetics, they got their niche, no doubt the single will deliver, this buzz track is not bad either.

Ellis Bextor isn't exactly huge anymore, not unusual for pop stars who've lost some star shine to move on to songwriting and SM have always worked with Universal Europe.

Cathy Dennis was pretty popular solo artist in the UK, then she went on to write Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head", Britney's "Toxic" and Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl".

llehuty

Woaaaaaah, dat f(x) hype! That looks so good. I'm actually surprised with SM keeping this experimental aproach with f(x), while their other groups are all over the place. And that Victoria... HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG

llehuty

The annoying BAP whistles are back. It seems like a step down after, One Shot and Coffee shop. Tahiti's new song sounds promising, but who knows with this girls... Thanks for this posts teddie.

I add this:

ODD EYE (AKA rookies of the year) - Follow me Teaser

Pendulum

allkpop said:
Girl's Day's Yura will join the cast of the MBC Every1 sitcom 'Reckless Family 3'!

Yura shared, "I normally have a lot of interest in acting so I was very excited to receive the casting offer for the sitcom series, 'Reckless Family'. Because this is my first time taking on a sitcom, I'm honestly nervous and excited. But since I get to work with veteran sunbaenims, I think it will be a fun and enjoyable experience."

"Those close to me often tell me that I'm a 4-D girl, and my character Park Yura is also a fun girls who acts out of the ordinary. Through this opportunity, I will show a lot of my own self to fans as Park Yura."

Yura will join the 'Reckless Family' which consists of Park Chul, Jo Hye Ryun, Yang Se Hyung, Jang Dong Min, Lee Hyun Jae, Kang Chul Woong, and more. Yura will bring her cute charms as the maknae daughter of couple Park Chul and Jo Hye Ryun.

'Reckless Family 3' will premiere on July 30 at 6 PM KST.

Selane

So the fact that SM media played by dropping this f(x) teaser 2 seconds after Sulli's scandal in an attempt to divert attention makes you wonder how long they keep these things on ice for before releasing them. I mean, I'm sure they were going to release it somewhat soon...but the exact timing is pretty weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom