• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscuits

A bit late, but merry christmas guys!

Annnd I just finished watching all 16 episodes of Answer Me 1997 yesterday. What a great show. Has anyone here actually finished the series yet? lol

TheChits

A bit late, but merry christmas guys!

Annnd I just finished watching all 16 episodes of Answer Me 1997 yesterday. What a great show. Has anyone here actually finished the series yet? lol

Yeah it's an excellent series. I thought the pacing was really well done and they wrapped everything up nicely.
Something about Yoon Jae really rubbed me the wrong way though. Didn't like him at all.

luso

Oniontaker posting some new entries and also older posts such as this about Angel Tiffany

So it began. I Got a Boy teaser on 26th and SM stocks rising...

sooyoung1.jpg

Operatic Gangnam Style

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
teaser on the 26th? so in 30 minutes? everything so far has been released around 10am KST..

Yup. I was following the series as it aired back in the summer. Best K-Drama I've ever seen imo.

Oniontaker posting some new entries and also older posts such as this about Angel Tiffany

As much as I love Fany, the whole story felt a little surreal... like I want to believe it but a part of my brain says it's not real. That said, I'm not doubting Fany is not capable of this kind of act... everything I've heard about her pre-debut and up to now is very much in line with how the story is portraying Fany.

Maybe it's the way the story was told or something, but I kinda just can't believe a teenager would do something like that.

teaser on the 26th? so in 30 minutes? everything so far has been released around 10am KST..
Seobby's teaser is out. But that's the only thing I can find.

Ashhong

Yup. I was following the series as it aired back in the summer. Best K-Drama I've ever seen imo.

As much as I love Fany, the whole story felt a little surreal... like I want to believe it but a part of my brain says it's not real. That said, I'm not doubting Fany is not capable of this kind of act... everything I've heard about her pre-debut and up to now is very much in line with how the story is portraying Fany.

Maybe it's the way the story was told or something, but I kinda just can't believe a teenager would do something like that.

Seobby's teaser is out. But that's the only thing I can find.

All it really says is that she bought him some coffee and gave him her jacket to help keep him warm. I can believe that. The way it was written is a bit extreme though.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Looks like their comeback is sooner than expected..
The first video teaser for SNSD’s comeback will be unveiled in the afternoon of December 26 (KST). The video teaser will be unveiled via the SNSD official homepage, YouTube, and SM Entertainment’s various SNS channels.

The teaser is said to be a drama version video and will focus on the members’ various viewpoints. The song in the video will not be the comeback title track I Got a Boy but another song from the new album.

The dance version music video for I Got a Boy will be unveiled online on December 28 while the full album will drop on January 1.

Biscuits

Yeah it's an excellent series. I thought the pacing was really well done and they wrapped everything up nicely.
Something about Yoon Jae really rubbed me the wrong way though. Didn't like him at all.
Yeah, none of it felt like filler, until maybe the last (fanservice) episode. I quite liked In Guk's character actually. Tae Woong on the other hand... he just creeped me out with his constant smiling.

Only the cool people.
PEQvB.gif

Get to it!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought Gain and Narsha were faking it judging by first fancams, guess not http://youtu.be/-vS6GhLqru4?t=3m

But some HQ photography is needed.
They better look out for Double Yoon.

http://www.soompi.com/2012/12/26/4minutes-ga-yoon-and-ji-yoon-form-project-group-double-yoon/

Many fans are highly anticipating Double Yoon’s entrance into the music scene and industry insiders are curious to see if they will create a sensation similar to Trouble Maker.
-__^

O___O

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Video games, a sweater hoodie, $20.

Potentially a kickass job in January! Oh man, I hope I get it.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Miryo OW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i2.minus.com/iTMUK8XygVPXt.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

rockin the cassie haircut ♥

Edit:

Mystic White: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhE52JaGnM4[/url]

Dramatic Blue: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9THh-YLzts[/url]

Tomorrow, red + black's songs will be released.

Fafnir

Finished it last week, my rambling review of it is a couple of pages back. Probably the only kdrama that I didn't get bored midway through.

What did you guys/gals get for Christmas? I just got money.

I guess my present was spending it with my relatives eating overpriced eel at a Japanese restaurant. It was kind of nice seeing my parents but that got old in 1 day, now I can't wait to get back to my apartment. /grinch

DvDDO.gif

Salazar

Clothes, accommodation paid for holiday.

Gonna die laughing if Ash meets idols and has to whip out his phone and ask GAF to id them.

All it really says is that she bought him some coffee and gave him her jacket to help keep him warm. I can believe that. The way it was written is a bit extreme though.

Just read it again and it's the last paragraphs that offends my brain lol. I feel like I got baited to read one of those crazy religious magazines that are condescending to the reader. The story is indeed beautiful, and I'm less skeptical but those last paragraphs make me wanna throw up in my mouth haha.

What did you guys/gals get for Christmas? I just got money.

$200 cash and a $25 Express gift card. Then a bodum french press with a regular grinder and a coffee mug.

I'm probably gonna use the $100 for clothes shopping and the CD+ Fany poster for Soshi's I Got A Boy album if it's all kinds of epic. The rest I'm gonna get a myself a pair of jack stands since I need to do an oil change and flush the transmission fluid of my car since it's at 60k miles right now.

Speaking of which, somebody posted links in the earlier pages where you can choose what poster you're gonna be getting, can anybody link them again? Thanks.

Ashhong

Clothes, accommodation paid for holiday.

Gonna die laughing if Ash meets idols and has to whip out his phone and ask GAF to id them.

I wouldn't be surprised if I don't even recognize Tiffany walking down the street.

Well, maybe that's going too far.

magenta

How large was the SSD?

Mines 128.... and i wish it was 500gb

Particularly as so many games are downloaded now, and they're all 10gb plus. Basic windows + apps install is like half the drive :(

120 gb

Basically going install Windows 8 (when I purchase the pro upgrade) and some core apps, the rest will stay on my traditional hard drives.

I got the Intel 520 series. don't know how it compares to other brands.

Ashhong

How large was the SSD?

Mines 128.... and i wish it was 500gb

Particularly as so many games are downloaded now, and they're all 10gb plus. Basic windows + apps install is like half the drive :(

Get a second harddrive for the stuff that dont need the speed

DSC_9689.jpg

who????????????

120 gb

Basically going install Windows 8 (when I purchase the pro upgrade) and some core apps, the rest will stay on my traditional hard drives.

I got the Intel 520 series. don't know how it compares to other brands.

It's very good

RubyFaith

Christmas is over.

Now to biznuss.

20121224171531300.jpg

Even before officially making their return, Girls’ Generation is already having a huge impact. News of their upcoming comeback has helped raise the stock value of SM Entertainment by 100 billion KRW (approximately $93 million USD).

SM Entertainment had suffered a recent fall of 4.19% percent in their shares as of December 20th. However, on December 21st, Girls’ Generation’s “Dancing Queen” was released. They also announced their return to television and music programs in January, making this their first album in a year, since ‘The Boys‘.

Within two days of the announcement of their comeback, SM Entertainment’s shares shot up immediately and SM Entertainment’s market capitalization was increased by 100 billion KRW. This rise has brought SM Entertainment back as a competitor with major entertainment companies with a lot of trade volume such as YG Entertainment, as well as Loen Entertainment.

A stock market expert stated, “SM Entertainment is different because Girls’ Generation is one of their major acts and holds so much power with the ability to change their stock price.“

cr: akp

And this is the info I stole from the thread on hallyu8

so

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

it means SNSD ain't fucking around this comeback

Their song/mv can be on the levels of Chad Future's whole career that is shit tier, it will still be doing good things for SMe. Proof of only the NEWS of their comeback causing success is truly commendable.

If you want a headache and laugh of the discussion from said thread I copied this from, have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom