• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

dokish

Banned
Its a shame. Stream limitation. I used Skype with family while walking around and they said everything was flawless, quality wise.

JustinBB7

Just made this

AHwe0Rc.gif

ramyeon

Man that font is so bad. I have an aversion to that "oriental" font style, it's so tacky.

It's a shame that Yoonji has to resort to teasers and videos like this to get attention these days, she had a pretty good run of singles at first. This isn't doing it for me
at least in terms of the song
on first listen though, pretty dull.

Should be noted that the video is far less gratuitous than the teasers let on. It's also super boring.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
goddamn that yoonji song is weird. it just doesn't know what it wants to be.

That last smile she gives right before she walks away is the best part of the video. But yeah, song and video was pretty meh.

Also that little debate about A-Pinkeu earlier... the amazing thing about them is that there's no other competition for them in this niche so they technically win everything. Until another group manages to break into their niche, I don't think ACUBE will let them do anything else.

That said I do agree that it'd be nice of them to maybe mature their sound a little bit... less sweet and more filling, if that makes any sense lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
My fav Yoonji song is still Don't Go Back. I think an acoustic version would be really, really fun, but maybe I'm only saying that as a guitarist and it wouldn't be much to only listen to.

Anyways, she was so cute then too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvve03AfOmI

Kind of funny how not just her, but even Inkigayo itself seems more amateur when you look back just a few years.

Fafnir

Damn, too bad this is a April Fools joke, would totally use this.

Gmail ‏@gmail 3h
Trending Now: @GirlsGeneration. Taking a #GmailShelfie for S♡NEs worldwide after performing Mr.Mr.
ilN2SDM.png

ramyeon

[스타뉴스 길혜성 기자] As YG Entertainment made the official announcement of the debut of the teenage sibling duo AKDONG MUSICIAN in April, the founder YANG HYUN SUK expressed his satisfaction for the process of production and outcome of the upcoming album.

YANG told Star News on March 31, “There will be a total of 11 songs in AKDONG MUSICIAN’s debut album in April,” adding, “LEE CHAN HYUK was fully in charge of producing, writing and composing all the songs in the album.”

He added, “Since JINUSEAN in 1997, YG’s artists like 1Tym, BIGBANG and PSY revolved around hip-hop. Many were worried because AKDONG MUSICIAN was more of a folk-music artist.”

“When AKDONG MUSICIAN chose YG, I told them to do music in however way that pleased them. So I let them do their thing with this album, and the album turns out to be fantastic—it carries their sentiment as it is.”

He explained, “No songs in their album are collaborated with other YG artists. Sure, there is a chance the duo will work with other YG artists in the future, but their debut album must have their distinct color, so they were fully in charge of their own work.”

At 0 hour on the day the CEO personally posted a blog entry on the official YG LIFE blog, announcing that AKDONG MUSICIAN consisting of the siblings LEE CHAN HYUK (age 18) and LEE SOO HYUN (age 15) are to make a debut on April 7. There are a total of 3 title songs.

According to him the duo chose “MELTED” as one title song while YG “200%,” and the last one will be decided by the fans.

As AKDONG MUSICIAN was the winner of K-Pop Star Season 2, they will hold their first debut performance on the 3rd season of the show on April 6.

Showcasing staggering musical talents on K-Pop Star Season 2 last year, they joined YG Entertainment immediately after winning the program. They have since been preparing their upcoming debut.

Source: http://www.yg-life.com/archives/29769?lang=en
So hyped.

llehuty

Boys Republic(소년공화국) - Video Game (Story Ver.) Music Video
Now we all know why they released the dance version first. The song is still great though.

Heading out in 30 minutes to the BoA movie premiere :) thanks again Peru hahaha

How was it?
Fake edit: That BoA accent <3. Kind of a bummer that she's not working on a korean release.

Erm, definition of disappointment. Maybe the live performances partially redeem this.

Kabuto

[NB] SNSD member reported to the police by male friend

wat

It is April 1st but people are reporting it's real.

edit:
SM Entertainment later stated in a press release on April 1, "Hyoyeon was playing around with a friend when the joke escalated and a misunderstanding happened, leading to the police report. But the misunderstanding was cleared up and ended as an incident. We&#8242;ll be more careful to not create misunderstandings."

The agency added that the police told the two to not play around too seriously.

hahah

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
It was aiteeeeeee

and free. My gf really loved it.

This was my second time seeing BoA. Damn why couldn't they perform a dance from the movie?! Perfect opportunity. zzzz. I was looking for her or Derek after the movie but EVERYONE but them were there sadly. Oh well. Good shit though Peru, if you hadn't posted that link I wouldn't have been there hahaha. Sucks that it had to be on a Monday tho.

Oh and the pit tickets i got for the free concert in less than two weeks are going for 600-700$ what the fuckkkkkkkkk it's so damn tempting you guys :(

llehuty

Boa is the best thing ever *.*

[NB] SNSD member reported to the police by male friend

wat

It is April 1st but people are reporting it's real.

No way this is true.

Oh and the pit tickets i got for the free concert in less than two weeks are going for 600-700$ what the fuckkkkkkkkk it's so damn tempting you guys :(

Holy shit, people are insane.
Don't do it, though.

BTW, it looked like the place for the Make your Move premiere was very small... you are a lucky man.

Peru

It was aiteeeeeee

and free. My gf really loved it.

This was my second time seeing BoA. Damn why couldn't they perform a dance from the movie?! Perfect opportunity. zzzz. I was looking for her or Derek after the movie but EVERYONE but them were there sadly. Oh well. Good shit though Peru, if you hadn't posted that link I wouldn't have been there hahaha. Sucks that it had to be on a Monday tho.

Nice. You saw them at the red carpet then?

Yeah I really hope we get a live routine one day.

Boaaaa

JustinBB7

Not surprising that Hyo story is true lol. Specially after watching Healing Camp where they revealed she basically told Taeyeon to die.

Pendulum

Is that Hyo story real? lol

I read it on one site (can't find it now) that Hyoyeon was playing around on the balcony, saying she was going to fall (jump) to the 1st floor.

Edit: From a forum - "Updated article says she pretended to jump from the first floor window and she accidentally hit him in the eye when he tried to stop her."

llehuty

SNSD showing support for Make your Move
Soundtrack of the movie is going to be released next week. Here is the tracklist.

Noice.

I always expect Dahye to be an awful singer being the main dancer and doing the rap parts and all. But she actually ain't bad.
Fuck kpop and it's fixed member roles.

I didn't expect that. All hail the tinfoil queen.

With Shinichi Osawa's great work on After School's album, let's listen to his classic BoA collabs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAbOm56SNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjJ50Kl88jU

So Mondo Grosso and Shinichi Osawa are the same thing? I had no idea. this tracks are great. It's amazing the huge amount of BoA gems I must be missing out.

dokish

Banned
I read it on one site (can't find it now) that Hyoyeon was playing around on the balcony, saying she was going to fall (jump) to the 1st floor.

Edit: From a forum - "Updated article says she pretended to jump from the first floor window and she accidentally hit him in the eye when he tried to stop her."
Of course everyone was drunk, specially coming from her.

The guy probably was wasted and called the police.

Pendulum

Sisters f(x)'s Krystal and Girls' Generation's Jessica will be starring in their own reality show, 'Cover Girl'!

A rep from cable network OnStyle announced on April 1 that the idol sisters are in the midst of filming for their own fashion reality show. The rep stated, "We plan to film the never-before-seen daily lives of sisters Jessica and Krystal. The two fashionistas' flair for style will be covered."

Top Bottom