• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

Alta1r

I can't decide if I like Mr. Mr. or Girls and Love. Neither really stands out as immediately catchy though. Is T-ara coming out with anything in the near future? They're basically guaranteed earworms.

tumblr_n3zc4mMdyp1sewbc1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3zc4mMdyp1sewbc1o2_500.jpg

EXO-M happens to have two of the best singers in the entire group. Chen may mangle his Mandarin, but — like Jia singing/rapping in Korean — he'll embarrass quite a few native speakers. Easily.

http://i.imgur.com/aWb6TbJ.gif

Will take me a while to get back into it. Life been nightmarish.
Hold your head. Cheers.

Join the club! :p
BRB, finishing up my T-Pop confessions page for the imaginary Popu Lady subunit with these two. Best Lady? Vox Populi-ady?

Dice's Taiwanese Pop video post for the new page.

Of the two, BY2 has them beat musically and performance wise, though Melted is cool, and one or two of Popu Lady's other songs are ok.

·feist·;108897672 said:
EXO-M happens to have two of the best singers in the entire group. Chen may mangle his Mandarin, but — like Jia singing/rapping in Korean — he'll embarrass quite a few native speakers. Easily.

You mean one because Chen is the only one who can sing in EXO M. He´s the missing piece of EXO K.

I really like Exo but i´m not blind to the fact the they are one of the most uneven groups in Kpop, almost as SUJU. EXO K has everything, Chen would be an awesome add just because it can hit high notes godlike style and makes beatiful harmonies with Bacon.

The rest of them are plain boring, Lay is the only one with potential to vastly improve but it needs more time.

SNSD for Lotte Promotion
BltTwgSCYAAS-cK.jpg:large

High res individual images.

No No Eul

^
(Eng Sub) Superman Returns Feat. SNSD

You'd think that guy might realise that yelling at his favourite rhythmic gymnast right before she starts her routine is possibly not the greatest way to help her concentration.

·feist·;108897672 said:
BRB, finishing up my T-Pop confessions page for the imaginary Popu Lady subunit with these two. Best Lady? Vox Populi-ady?

Haha, if I ever started a PL tumblr, I would totally call it Vox Populady.

iXXlBbnnxWlt1.gif

Soompi said:

Salazar

Seohyun still rocking that arms crossed "I just sold fifty properties/unblocked a femoral artery/coached a softball team to intergalactic success" stare.

Let me in, girl.

Blablurn

sometimes i would like to know how naughty all those girls are in real life. i mean, with those bodies. come on.

i met a lot of shy koreans. but they didnt look like models. i wonder if the singers act differently.

luso

Soshi photoshoots: Sogood/clap gifs
Ok Jessica wins for now.

Just wanted to rectify something about Dice's post. T-Pop already refers to Thailand lol. The correct term would be Mando-Pop iirc.

Mando!? Never heard it. This also means "I send/order" in Portuguese

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just wanted to rectify something about Dice's post. T-Pop already refers to Thailand lol. The correct term would be Mando-Pop iirc.
Taiwanese artists don't want to be lumped in with Chinese artists like that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If Jo Hyung Ki could be accepted back after only one goddamn year in prison, MC Mong should be able to come back hassle-free.

Jolin Tsai is one of the only artists semi-regularly mentioned here over the years.

윤하의 별이 빛나는 밤에 - Younha - In the flower garden, 윤하 - 꽃밭에서 20140417

J.ESTINA 14 SS Song Hye Kyo Making Film (제이에스티나 송혜교 메이킹 필름)

You mean one because Chen is the only one who can sing in EXO M. He´s the missing piece of EXO K.
By that estimation, EXO-K has only two singers; three depending on your stance on Suho. Disagree on only Lay having potential, and I'm hardly an "Exotic" or anything like that.

Pendulum

Taiwanese Pop

In addition to the groups already pointed out, I like a bit of Dream Girls (an SEO nightmare) too.

Taiwanese artists don't want to be lumped in with Chinese artists like that.

If anything, Chinese artists are being lumped in with Taiwanese artists (around 80% of Chinese-language music sales in China are produced in Taiwan) but regardless Mandopop is the typically used term as a) this music wave's key identifier is a language not a single country, and b) it's been called that for decades. "Gang-Tai" might be an alternative but that'll never get significant traction because of English linguistic hegemony and I believe that term is of mainland Chinese origin anyway.

I'd genuinely be interested to know what Taiwanese artists don't want to fall under the Mandopop umbrella (apart from, obviously, Hokkien pop artists, some of which may actually be singing in Hokkien as a form of protest against China) as it is that umbrella that is allowing them to earn great money and popularity in Singapore, Malaysia, at home, and especially China. Any recent protests from Taiwanese artists that I have heard about have been in response to specific political events rather than a culture war, and those artists (e.g. Mayday) quickly back-pedalled when Chinese fans got wind of it.

RIP pendulum

I just got off life support.

Are those four the only ones from the shoot?

The only 4 printed in the magazine.

llehuty

What's up guys? What did I miss?

Last time you posted was 6 months ago!

November '13 recap
December '13 recap
January '14 recap
Upcoming recaps this summer ;)

Also.

What happened in k-pop?
Dahye is our new savior. Exhibits A, B, C, D and E
Nicole and Jiyoung left Kara, DSP going to fill the gaps with trainees in an auditon DSP show or something. Here their flawfree last performance together.
brb, crying
Eunji and Meh Sem left 9muses,
and Minha is still there.
Yoona, Sooyoung and Tiffany got a boy.
Girl's Pink is the best thing since sliced bread.
2NE1 and SNSD had comebacks at the same time. The winner of that duel was
TVXQ's backup dancers.
Orange caramel made an all kill
in our hearts
with Catallena MV, the dance version and live performances.
Simultaneously, and without promo (smh pledis/avex), After School released already the album of the year.
webms tried to dethrone gifs as the ultimate embeadable short film clips, fiddle.se remains unbothered.

What happened in k-pop gaf?
k-pop gaf is now 1% mando-pop gaf.
feist's posts are long.
Tiffany avatars RIP.
AgentChris has a crush on CL.
Fuzzy doesn't know what is Girl's day.
blablurn changes of avatar every time you blink.
We have 2 k-pop gaf fanfics.
dokish and ramyeon are banned, guess who which one was more controversial.

What's next in k-pop?
Jiyeon, Hyosung and Mir having solo debuts soon.
Exo slaying the charts with a song that has already leaked. (This sounds familiar)
Rumored jung sisters subunit. It's probably not going to be this good.
SNSD gets more boys.

What's next in k-pop gaf?
Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom