• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

neoism

iidvN62Nh6xuw.jpg

iuwrKmIURwudq.jpg

ibcDkHBKFVM6eQ.jpg

ibg5UHlxgju9Uv.jpg

itQuDZPduD3nA.jpg

i9cXyVWUCcLDC.jpg

tumblr_mu48vub6Eu1rp2chco5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mu48lyx4f81rp2chco6_1280.jpg

iCQRgcTx7yP97.jpg

isDKjHeUr2iYR.jpg
iyqq7BiMCzw3I.gif

never seen this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9RFG2xDOVA&feature=player_embedded

Pendulum

Edit: Beaten, but here's another link anyhow.

Members of top K-pop girl group KARA will go separate ways.

KARA’s agency DSP Media announced through a statement Friday afternoon that KARA members Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara are the only members who have renewed their management deal for two more years with the agency.

The management deal with member Nicole, who has clarified that she had no intention to renew the deal with DSP Media, is set to be expired next January as scheduled.

Jiyoung, the youngest member of the group who just turned 19 this year, will take more time to think over her future and career since it is set to be expired next April, the agency explained.

DSP Media cleared out that KARA will not be disbanded and continue its domestic and overseas activities, even though part of its members will not expand their deal and leave the group.

Debuted in March of 2007, KARA is considered as one of the most successful Korean girl groups that have successfully broken into the Japanese music market.

cr: http://www.tenasia.com/archives/74278

4ARA?

No No Eul

Man, if it's Lee Hi...
i would still consider going I guess?

Nah.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Acchan in Busan as well

imXes2JB11kJP.jpg

♥

iXXUT8yLggXcb.gif

isdrj4Qmu2GiT.gif

ibgfuXhAa72ZJ3.gif

AoA Red Motion Teaser

Edit:
allkpop said:
[Update] - In addition to their press release, on the matter of Jiyoung's contract and her dilemma of whether to continue on with singing or focus on school instead, those close to her told the media, "It's true that she is thinking about resting. She looked into studying abroad. However, at this moment, as a time she is working hard as part of KARA, nothing has been confirmed yet... It's not that she's saying that she's going to quit the her life in the entertainment field. There's still a lot of time left, so we'll be having to discuss this more."

Drummond

Neo Member
Is this the end of Kara? Too bad, they were one of my favorite groups. Not to mention that I think that they are the overall best looking group in K-Pop.

But I was wondering, do people around y'all know that you listen to Kpop and what do they think of it if so? I mean, I don't really care that people know what I listen, my Last.fm is linked with my Facebook so what I listen even appears in people's timelines. My friends all know that I listen to Kpop and some of them even knew some songs before I told them about the music. Some Vietnamese friends of me already knew Hyuna. They said yeah if you're Asian it's pretty plausible that you know her.

But yeah, I just don't really care, I hum and sing Davichi's 8282 and Girl's Day's Expectation a lot in class, but I read from other people (on Allkpop for example) that they are ashamed of the fact they listen to K-Pop, so I was wondering how that is with you guys.

Oh wow and I love this picture:

130302DASOM.jpg

And more:

27864399.jpg

tumblr_ml49w8naYx1rcoad1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mihtvsfgjF1rcoad1o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjcfazreQA1r5z2nso1_500.jpg

BCfsm6yCAAA__WX.png:large

252303_572467346107218_1331767960_n-300x300.jpg

Pendulum

and not sure about Jiyoung, maybe sick of idol life

Rumour is that she's considering studying abroad.

Edit:
I was wondering, do people around y'all know that you listen to Kpop

I don't hide it, so some friends and family and co-workers know I listen to K-Pop, though I use a non-Facebook/Twitter linked Grooveshark account (I hate social media spam) for my music listening -I don't really care one way or the other, but they don't know what exactly I am listening to because of this. They don't know that I repost gifs and images on message boards, however.

Edit 2:
The "Damaged Lady" teasers foretold of this day.
eNzxW0V.gif

roaSone

But I was wondering, do people around y'all know that you listen to Kpop and what do they think of it if so?
Of course they know, and well I do not care about what they think of me listening to Kpop. Some are likin' it, some are hatin' it, that's their business.

ryan-ts

I can't believe Nicole is leaving Kara and Jiyoung is thinking about it. RIP KARA.

I wonder what they'll do if Jiyoung actually leaves. 4 members might work but 3 members would just be a shell of what the group was. They could add new members but that kind of bums me out because the 5 of them were together for so long.

luso

A 4-Member Kara is still manageable/marketable, I agree that with 3 it hardly is. Maybe adding 1-2 members? Unthinkable now.
Was first into Kara before Soshi, it's sad.

Also no more of this...
iPI5TrXgS6kwQ.gif

Cuddler

Wow, this is a big news. Where is giri??? I want to know what he thinks about this.
But I was wondering, do people around y'all know that you listen to Kpop and what do they think of it if so? I mean, I don't really care that people know what I listen, my Last.fm is linked with my Facebook so what I listen even appears in people's timelines. My friends all know that I listen to Kpop and some of them even knew some songs before I told them about the music. Some Vietnamese friends of me already knew Hyuna. They said yeah if you're Asian it's pretty plausible that you know her.

But yeah, I just don't really care, I hum and sing Davichi's 8282 and Girl's Day's Expectation a lot in class, but I read from other people (on Allkpop for example) that they are ashamed of the fact they listen to K-Pop, so I was wondering how that is with you guys.
No shame in liking 2BiC, and a little late but welcome! :)

Slowdive

Banned
But I was wondering, do people around y'all know that you listen to Kpop and what do they think of it if so?

I don't really care about what other people think about my music taste in general, but only my parents, brother and one of my best friends know I listen to k-pop. My friend isn't really into foreign music but I got him into it last month.

ev0

Watched the latest Running Man (165). Def one of the best eps in quite awhile, a lot of heart in this one. Reminded me of the earlier ones.

And man, too bad about Kara, was always a fan

milkham

I've been listening to kpop since like 1998 so most people who know me know. Some are right there with me, some used to be but moved on, some ask for recommendations now and then but most just don't get why I would listen to music I don't understand. It's been long enough that it's not really discussed anymore.

The only time i feel weird about it is when koreans think i'm weird because of it.

Kuno

So who was sleeping on the job and forgot to post about the latest nugu K-pop group?
In the grand tradition of groups like BPPOP, Purplay, BBde Girl, P.O.P CON, Nep, Bikiny, etc., comes...

TREN-D - Candy Boy

The song is actually catchy and the girls are cute. What's not to like? But will they get a second single? Place your bets!

Top Bottom