• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Havent watched yet cos I'm on mobile, but Cosmic Girls/WJSN debUT is released

The first new CLC member to be revealed is Elkie (from Hong Kong)

Couple questions:

So are these groups constantly switching out members?

Do any of them have the same members they've had from the beginning?

Theres no hard and fast rule and it varies, but lineup changes do occur. And there are some groups (like 4Minute and Big Bang) that have kept with the same lineup since their debut song.

I've been going through random pages in this thread. There's some really good stuff posted in here.

Theres no hard and fast rule and it varies, but lineup changes do occur. And there are some groups (like 4Minute and Big Bang) that have kept with the same lineup since their debut song.
Ah ok. Thanks!

Kissu

CcBoJbyWAAA07J4.jpg:large

JKTrix

I raised an eyebrow at the dancing in that filthy water too, lol

After Sana and Seohyun, now I just need new pics of Dahye to get all of my top 3 in one day

Pendulum

I've been going through random pages in this thread. There's some really good stuff posted in here.

Do let us know what takes your fancy and we can suggest others - there's a lot of pages/threads here, though the OP is always a good start if you haven't looked.

Can also discuss member changes more in depth later when I'm off this mobile if you have questions.

---

Cube releases a video teaser for new CLC member Elkie and decides to play a track saying "No no no" over it.

---

Waiting for the WJSN "Catch Me" MV. #Justice4ChengXiao #AndBona #AndExy #AndAllOfThemReallyComeOnNowStarshipItsDecisionsLikeThisThatHasLeadToSistarsDownfall.

I raised an eyebrow at the dancing in that filthy water too, lol

After Sana and Seohyun, now I just need new pics of Dahye to get all of my top 3 in one day

Right? lol I really hope he got shots before and after that was filmed lol.

And is anyone else here thinking CL should just go back to Korea and give this english effort up?. Scooter doesn't seem to give a single fuck or else her EP would have been out months ago.

roaSone

No Sana No Life, this saying has never been this true until today.
About Cosmic Girls, well, this is okayish, but somehow cute concept doesn't fit them.
I'm gonna listen to the remaining tracks though.

Edit : Disappointing debut for me, Catch Me needs the visual to be enjoyable otherwise it's meh.
Both remaining tracks are easily forgettable.

ultra7k

Cosmic Girls is a cute group but their single really is terrible. Their performances are impressive, but at the same time I feel like it's trying too hard just because that song is so mediocre. Starship needs to get their act together. We've had crappy Sistar songs recently and Boyfriend has been put on the backburner for that other boyband (I don't know if they have decent songs, they haven't caught my eye regardless).

roaSone

Mamamoo's album is kinda underwhelming unfortunately, might be a taste issue though.
I Miss You is by far the best track for me.

Pendulum

CLC's other additional member is indeed Eunbin (from Produce 101)

CUBE said Eunbin selected as the new member of CLC before joining 'Produce 101' & recording CLC's new album during the show.
(from https://twitter.com/girlgroupzone/status/703027619164323840)

I've liked Eunbin (and Soyeon) since ep 1 of P101 and I like CLC as a group so I am curious about how this pans out. But this doesn't address what I feel, and I think many others feel, kept CLC from gaining some success. Success for CLC is one of the things I put on my 2016 wish list in an earlier post, so fingers crossed (though current teasers look to be in line with the concept of previous singles, which would be one of my major changes). Cube needs to get Seo Jaewoo doing a song for them or something, or shell out for some Shinsadong.

---

Edit:
Speaking of Shinsadong, EXID is teasing something.
<tinfoil>Same name as BESTie's debut song</tinfoil>

Pendulum

There's an article going around stating that she plans to stay on produce 101 and she won't be doing broadcast activities with CLC for the time being.

Yeah, just read from a twitter account:
CUBE also revealed Eunbin debut with 'Produce 101' is the priority if she chosen as part of TOP 11, if not she will return as CLC member.
She's still got some Produce 101 filming to do for the next few weeks I'd say, even if she doesn't make the final 11, and CLC's comeback is next week. So she could miss a good chunk of this comeback and they tease her as a member now? Messy.

No No Eul

It is messy but the more I think about it, the more it seems like quite a clever little media play, using Produce 101's popularity to promote CLC while at the same time using CLC to draw more attention to Eunbin and potentially improving her chances of success on Produce 101.

Everybody wins. I think?

Pendulum

Obvious media play, but I don't think it'll be very effective past Eunbin being top of the Naver search (and CLC 3rd) for a while yesterday. From what I've seen, the way it's been handled hasn't been met with favorable reactions apart from the diehard CLC stans.

---

Everyone enjoyed Sana's pictures so much that "OOH-AHH&#54616;&#44172;" is once again nominated for Inkigayo first place this week.

---

Figure It Out [Royal Blood] Drum Cover by A-YEON(&#48708;&#48165; &#50500;&#50672;)

Pendulum

Produce 101 ep 6 (raw) - Parts 1 and 2.
Will update when there is a better quality.

Top 11 change up after this episode too
1) Kim Sejeong (Jellyfish)
2) Choi Yoojung (Fantagio)
3) Kang Mina (Jellyfish)
4) Jeon Somi (JYP)
5) Kim Nayoung (Jellyfish)
6) Pinky/Zhou Jieqiong (Pledis)
7) Kim Sohye (Redline)
8) Kim Doyeon (Fantagio)
9) Yu Yeunjung (Starship)
10) Jung Chaeyeon (MBK)
11) Im Nayoung (Pledis)

Edit:

Produce 101 ep 6 (raw) - Parts 1 and 2.
Will update when there is a better quality.

3) Kang Mina (Jellyfish)
4) Jeon Somi (JYP)
7) Kim Sohye (Redline)
8) Kim Doyeon (Fantagio)
10) Jung Chaeyeon (MBK)
11) Im Nayoung (Pledis)

Edit:

Based
Im Nayoung

Lol at the non-Chaeyeon MBK girls dropping out of the top. I guess their pre-show popularity can only take them so far, even Somi is dropping. Well, I like Cathy though. The one girl I don't really 'get' the appeal for is Zhou Jieqiong, she's pretty but yeah, unless I forgot something she did on the show.

Pendulum

The one girl I don't really 'get' the appeal for is Zhou Jieqiong, she's pretty but yeah, unless I forgot something she did on the show.

Yeah, on the show she has been "safe" - no mistakes/issues, but no amazing performances either (the ranking first in "looks" in ep 5 will probably keep her in Top 11). I believe she had the most support compared to other Pledis trainees going into the show (appearing in Seventeen/Orange Caramel MVs, some of her training vids), so that's comparable to MBK/Somi with the high initial ranking.

Yeah, on the show she has been "safe" - no mistakes/issues, but no amazing performances either (the ranking first in "looks" in ep 5 will probably keep her in Top 11). I believe she had the most support compared to other Pledis trainees going into the show (appearing in Seventeen/Orange Caramel MVs, some of her training vids), so that's comparable to MBK/Somi with the high initial ranking.

Oh I see, I wasn't aware she already had a fanbase. That together with her doing okay on the show and positive attitude will probably keep her high then.

Pendulum

Was the Wonder Girls' latest album considered a 'flop'?
It was critically applauded, and commercially did ok (better worldwide than in Korea compared to previous albums) considering their 3 year hiatus and their 2 most popular members leaving. "flop" is such an absolute word; I don't think anyone was expecting Wonder Girls mania again.

Is Yubin considered a good rapper?
Answers are going to be subjective, but she often appears in top 10 lists for female K-Pop rappers (imho, justifiably so).

---

Edit:
A thought:
3) Kang Mina (Jellyfish)
4) Jeon Somi (JYP)
7) Kim Sohye (Redline)
8) Kim Doyeon (Fantagio)
10) Jung Chaeyeon (MBK)
11) Im Nayoung (Pledis)

Yoo Yeonjung climbed rapidly into the Top 11 due to her ITNW performance (which was good). Not sure she'll stay there long after her aired attitude in Ep 6. Netizens already brandishing pitchforks.

---

Edit 2:
Twice's Mina likes video games and her new waifu pillow.

Top Bottom