• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Happy birthday to best Spica member, Narae. May your year be filled with the massive success Spica is due!

OeeUqf6.jpg

eWjXAFW.jpg

Esb5ael.jpg

OKkrVEi.jpg

WH0JPhG.jpg

LqDFmr0.jpg

SFS7LqL.jpg

ur3WWPo.jpg

bjTrIsp.jpg

qbc2OYx.jpg

UuYkyAi.jpg

bxNRdQy.jpg

yAwQQg9.jpg

NOpyCBC.jpg

snrIoeO.jpg

oOteY4G.jpg

QkFp1Gk.jpg

XDqmd1B.jpg

iHGuEWc.jpg

UTYQ6U4.jpg

27tgUza.jpg

feist_

Banned
Narae Best Spica most days, or merely 1a. on her worst days.

I just discovered Bona is Cosmic Girls' visual, which is right in line with my remarks that she, Cheng Xiao and Exy were the main stand outs even before any performances had taken place. The three further reinforced that by also being great on stage.

Hey feist bro, can I request some Solar in the thread?

Today's also her birthday lol.
Didn't catch this in enough time but I'll be posting more Mamamoo once the full comeback finally happens. Posted some Solar recently, btw.

That original cutesy trailer was such garbage I skipped over this performance the first time it was posted (forgive me, llehuty bro!). This is much better though. It sounds like EXO meets Red Velvet or something. As llehuty said, hopefully it gets the single treatment.
Not sure sure why but it calls to mind Red Velvet dong a cover of After School.

Remember After School? Thanks Pledis...

That's a bold statement, sir. I'm not sure I'm ready to accept an addition to the Holy Duality just yet.
On looks alone no, but Wendy adds a lot to the group from her overall singing ability to the concerted effort she puts into various things. The country's constitution also stipulates that any group with more than four members has to have a trinity. Rumor has it that Seulgi, Joy, Wendy and Irene are not the only members in RV, so...

This also sounds very good.
Still breaks my heart when I think about the past, RIP. :pray:
This is one of the few album medley/teasers I've listened to as I usually prefer to go in with a clean slate for releases I'm looking forward to.

The new Ladies Code sounds very promising and unsurprisingly very bitter sweet.

Unlikely that it'll happen with how active this thread is now, but wouldn't it be something if we could end OT6 with ladies code
I'd consider doing something though a certain someone would likely cry. Looking back at their Japan memorial alone is still difficult.

150822 Ladies' Code Memorial Concert Complete

Here it is, broken into 4 parts on this channel.

160219 Muse in the city: the day k-pop was saved forever
*Insert obligatory Sera comment here*

This is great to see and I'm happy for 9M. Almost as happy as I'll be when SM release f(x)'s 1st concert on 4K/UHD Bluray, mastered in HDR.

edit- is rainbow dead yet?
Based on the single the evidence is overwhelming, though I've yet to listen to the mini so there's a faint pulse still.

I don't remember how I came across this. Think I was looking for some hip-hop song and this was in related videos or something. Anyway I can't stop listening to this song. The music is so damn good! It's got a nice retro sound to it. Vocals are great too. The only negative is the garbage rap towards the end.

Wonder Girls - Rewind

I don't listen to k-pop at all, but I love this.

Edit: Heh, I forgot the reason I even posted in this thread to begin with.

Is there anywhere I can legit buy this track, or am I gonna have to use one of those YouTube mp3 sites?
Everyone should be fortunate enough to get into a music genre by listening to one of the best songs from one of the year's best releases. If you haven't yet, give the slower tracks on Wonder Girl's 'Reboot' a fair listen. They're not as immediately catchy for some, but "Faded Love" -aka- "When Love Tries to Leave" can go head to head with the album's best efforts.

Check out the thread OP for playlists and feel free to ask for any recommendations based on what catches your ear.

So Mijoo from Lovelyz is quite a character. I saw a youtube clip of her dancing and spitting water all over her face.
Mijoo is commonly known as this generation's Yura.
no one actually says this
She's the good kind of crazy (so long as it's kept in check).

HELLO, K-POP GAF. Please take care of me, I will work harder, etc....

tumblr_nfguydYtts1tzt7wao4_r1_250.gif
Has Jean Grey as a screen name, Jackson as an avatar and posts Hani as an intro to the thread.

Short of going full on Dokish or similar creep tactics, you should do well here. Just so we can be sure though, rank the members of Twice. Also, rank Red Velvet members from 1-4.

i got a boy saved kpop but i hate it
Bestie "Love Options" was released the same year and everyone here loves it.

does anyone know if got7 x exo's concert is still happening or what
Was the existence of this ever confirmed from any official sources?

feist_

Banned
Kasper --- [bnt영상] 캐스퍼

And because I don't read comics I actually had this Jean Grae in mind earlier.

My fault.

79swn.gif

During my period of reflection I'll leave you with some WG and an under-loved Spica song.

[MV] SPICA(스피카) _ GHOST(고스트)

Wonder Girls - 9 year Anniversary Live Chat -- [ENG-SUB] 160210 Wonder Girls VAPP 원더풀&원더걸스 우리 오래가요

Wonder Girls --- 160115 SBS 생활경제 원더걸스 컷 HDTV 1080i - WGWorld

Sohee --- VDL의 새 뮤즈 소희의 메이킹 영상 공개! VDL MEETS SOHEE♥

Sohee --- [ELLE TV] 소녀에서 숙녀로, VDL 화보 속 안소희를 만나다.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCH3z5BBp0D

CbkbPXYUMAQI2vI.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/B2M_SPICA/status/700621168659660800

[#NOTICE] #스피카 #박나래 생일 기념 V앱 안내
2월 23일 박나래 생일 기념 V앱 생중계! #머큐리 를 위한 특별한 공개되오니 많은 시청부탁드립니다. http://www.vlive.tv/video/5818

Pendulum

Didn't catch this in enough time but I'll be posting more Mamamoo once the full comeback finally happens. Posted some Solar recently, btw.

It's all good man!

I'll be waiting for that post though haha.

TBH I didn't know how well/when kpop was going to hold my attention with anything as I've been jamming to Rihanna's new album, but this is very good.

Agreed.

I've been out of this thread the last 2 months since there hasn't been anything interesting going on... I knew Mamamoo would kill it, but I didn't think I'd be back on K-Pop a week early. This song is amazing and I'm definitely gonna be listening to the album now.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
A deviated septum is not really an "illness" so much as a physical condition or injury if you got busted in the face or something, although it can make you prone to sinus infections when you get sick if you're not careful and allergens can get stuck more easily. I know as I have one. If for whatever reason hers has become so severe as to block airflow, that could definitely be super annoying trying to sing with the backpressure and no passive exhale, same as when you're all congested with a cold.

Boss Mog

So what happened to Hyuna? She seems all swollen and such recently. Did she just gain weight (which is fine) or is she sick? or did she get botox?

When I first saw the Hate video, I thought it was weird that they never really showed her face well while they showed close ups of all the other girls. In her solo parts she had huge glasses that hid her face and a big coat that hid her body. Then in the chorus parts they were all wearing super baggy clothes so you couldn't really see her body there either. I thought it was a bit weird since she usually doesn't have any problems showing skin.

Then I came across this interview on Youtube. She definitely doesn't look the same. I hope it's just some weight gain. I think she looks great regardless (maybe even cuter there). I'm justworried that it's an allergic reaction or some kind of botox she had done. She's beautiful and definitely doesn't need any botox, especially at 23. The reason I'm concerned is because obviously she knew the 4minute comeback was happening long in advance and knowing how image obsessed these young women are, it would seem unlikely that she would want to gain weight for it.

What do you guys think?

PS: Why no love at all for Sistar in the GAF Kpop awards? "Shake It" was a great Music Video last year and Hyolyn is a world class singer.

llehuty

Boss★Moogle;196414766 said:
PS: Why no love at all for Sistar in the GAF Kpop awards? "Shake It" was a great Music Video last year and Hyolyn is a world class singer.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, no.

Sisturd have been dead since Loving U (with the exception being I swear, but that felt like a Loving U rerelease anyway). And Hyorin needs to chill a bit and stop with the annoying shouting.

tl;dr: I'm not a fan :p

I'm with you in the "Hyuna looks different" thing though.

Tangeroo

Boss★Moogle;196414766 said:
So what happened to Hyuna? She seems all swollen and such recently. Did she just gain weight (which is fine) or is she sick? or did she get botox?

When I first saw the Hate video, I thought it was weird that they never really showed her face well while they showed close ups of all the other girls. In her solo parts she had huge glasses that hid her face and a big coat that hid her body. Then in the chorus parts they were all wearing super baggy clothes so you couldn't really see her body there either. I thought it was a bit weird since she usually doesn't have any problems showing skin.

Then I came across this interview on Youtube. She definitely doesn't look the same. I hope it's just some weight gain. I think she looks great regardless (maybe even cuter there). I'm justworried that it's an allergic reaction or some kind of botox she had done. She's beautiful and definitely doesn't need any botox, especially at 23. The reason I'm concerned is because obviously she knew the 4minute comeback was happening long in advance and knowing how image obsessed these young women are, it would seem unlikely that she would want to gain weight for it.

What do you guys think?

From an extremely recent fancam

So basically, she went from being skinny to thin. I'm good with it.

So it looks like Cube has added 2 new members to CLC.

Cb8PmjpUMAESeFz.jpg:orig

In this effort to re-steer the ship, they need to be focusing on giving them a good song. Their sound wasn't bad, but nothing stood out.

Interesting. Especially since they sent 3 trainees to P101. Anyway, I quite liked Pepe, but the follow up sucked. Looking forward to their comeback. Seungyeon is great btw, worthy of the name bestowed upon her by Hammy.

llehuty

CLC probably pulling an AOA and dropping the band gimmick (no idea if they ended up doing anything with it, outside of busking). I wonder if they will stop being mediocre and will be able to get out of the "boring nugus of medium sized companies" group that they currently share with Sonamoo and Lovelyz.

4Ten song so good, I need to do a top 10 songs list already, because I'm going to start losing track of releases this year soon, if k-pop keeps this pace.

Pendulum

I've seen people suggest the centre is Eunbin (citing the build and hair), but Yoojin is skinny like that and I thought is of comparative height to Yeeun (who I believe is just to the right) and surely Eunbin is currently under Mnet contract obligations.

Edit: Actually, the more I think about it and go by the profile rather than whatever Mnet may or may not allow, it does look more likely that it would be Yoojin second from left. I'm thinking Seunghee - Yoojin - ? - Eunbin(?) - Yeeun - Seungyeon - Sorn. And could "?" be Younseo by that logic? Of course, an agency the size of Cube is going to have a few trainees on the books, so fuck this, I can wait a few days.

Dice

1) Hyuna normally looks like that, always had since the beginning. Only around Troublemaker did she more often starve herself so much she had sharp features. I think she looks better this way.

2) Sistar's last good thing was Loving U/Lead Me. After that mini it has been total garbage ever since.

3) CLC is okay as a group but their songs are fantastic and Question was one of the top songs of the year IMO. I think having over 5 members is usually a fail and adding members is a misguided response to latest trends in girl groups that haven't actually proven themselves with increased average popularity.

Pendulum

3) CLC is okay as a group but their songs are fantastic and Question was one of the top songs of the year IMO.

I come at them from the other direction where I think their singles are underwhelming ("Pepe" was ok, "Like" less so) compared to their talent and potential. But maybe that's just me having misconceptions of what I expect from a group stabled at a major agency like Cube (who are certainly not infallible). Not saying they should have debuted as a band (llehuty), but their busking gave me an expectation that wasn't met. (btw I thought Question was the name of the 2nd mini?)

From a main Jellyfish Girls twitter written a while back:
Mnet has stated the girls participating in Produce 101 could debut with their companies at any time!
So Eunbin/Younseo looking more likely, tho apparently some netizens are suggesting Eunbin/Soyeon and Soyeon did get a hair re-color recently (plz no - I like Soyeon but this isn't the group for her)

Dice

(btw I thought Question was the name of the 2nd mini?)
I was thinking of 궁금해 (which does not mean "Like" as I just saw is apparently the English title) and remembering that album name assuming it was the translation they settled on ("to question" is fairly accurate). Unless a song is exclusively English-titled I don't know WTF anybody calls their songs in English because that is just shit ifans do to appease each other. Normally I'd just type the Hangul but I don't have IEM set up on this laptop.

I love it. The Red, 4 Walls, and Reboot are just right. Is "The Velvet" coming any time soon?
They have new hair lately so I assume they'll come out with something but I doubt it'll be another full album so soon.

Pendulum

Hadn't looked at one of these in a while. Things have certainly shifted around a bit after the group cover performances.

---

Edit:
I was thinking of 궁금해 (which does not mean "Like" as I just saw is apparently the English title)
Y'know Dice, I think our musical tastes align more often than they don't, but I think this song has divided our thoughts more than any other I can remember. I'm glad you greatly enjoyed it though :)

Edit 2: 160224 레이디스 코드(Ladies’ Code) 갤럭시(GALAXY)

llehuty

JFC this is literally the worst mixing I have ever heard in a kpop song. Please tell me it's just the youtube.
Yeah, I feel like the live performances are going to be better than this. And I'm getting the feeling from their showxase that the 2 vocalists are actually good.

Just finished listening to

Wonder Girls - REBOOT

Standout tracks:

Baby Don't Play
I Feel You
Rewind
John Doe
One Black Night
Back
Faded Love
Gone
Remember

My favorites are those in bold. All the above are awesome, though.

----

Aight, so this album is legit amazing. I really like how fun a listen this is. Even though I don't understand most of what's being said, the music/instrumentals more than make up for it. I love this 80s (or whatever era it is) sound so much.

As my first real taste of K-Pop, this is a really great first impression.

llehuty

Just finished listening to

Wonder Girls - REBOOT

Standout tracks:

Baby Don't Play
I Feel You
Rewind
John Doe
One Black Night
Back
Faded Love
Gone
Remember

My favorites are those in bold. All the above are awesome, though.

----

Aight, so this album is legit amazing. I really like how fun a listen this is. Even though I don't understand most of what's being said, the music/instrumentals more than make up for it. I love this 80s (or whatever era it is) sound so much.

As my first real taste of K-Pop, this is a really great first impression.
You can't really get much better than Reboot as an entry point, quality wise. (No Candle in your list though... smh)

My recommendations now go in 2 directions:

Great k-pop albums:
f(x) - Pink Tape
f(x) - Red Light
f(x) - 4 Walls
Shinee - Married to the music
9Muses - Sweet Rendezvous
Sunmi - Full Moon
Wonder Girls - Wonder World
4Minute - Volume Up

80s inspired k-pop:
Dal Shabet - B.B.B
Dal Shabet - Someone like U
And I'm blanking out now for some reason...

You can't really get much better than Reboot as an entry point, quality wise. (No Candle in your list though... smh)

My recommendations now go in 2 directions:

Great k-pop albums:
f(x) - Pink Tape
f(x) - Red Light
f(x) - 4 Walls
Shinee - Married to the music
9Muses - Sweet Rendezvous
Sunmi - Full Moon
Wonder Girls - Wonder World
4Minute - Volume Up

80s inspired k-pop:
Dal Shabet - B.B.B
Dal Shabet - Someone like U
And I'm blanking out now for some reason...
Candle is good, but everything in my list is better. :p

Thanks a lot for the recommendations! Will try to give all of it a listen.

catmincer

TAEMIN 태민_Drip Drop_Performance Video Teaser
I have of idea of what to expect from this comeback. Let's hope it's as good as his solo debut.

SIXBOMB - Wait 10 Years Baby [Music Video]
Everything about this is super tragic. The controversy hunting with the pink outfits is also quite sad.

Okdal had a mega dump of probably all their tracks in youtube today

Oh god the Sixbomb video is so bad. The song is terrible too.

*watches about 10 times on repeat*

Top Bottom