• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War |OT| Now, it's showtime!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, I was hoping Uva would be playable since he's in the trailer.

Hopefully the series does well, and it gets to the point that EVERYONE is playable.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Big Dengeki article today, which is basically a review of all 19 playable characters. Translation courtesy of Thunder025 on Henshin Justice:

- There are 3 types of missions in the game: "Get to the end of the stage", "Defeat the boss character" and "Defeat / Protect a Memory Pod".
- You can clear a Stage without killing a single enemy, however, you will not get Rider Points nor XP and those are key to becoming stronger and defeat other stronger enemies.
- The reviewer liked using the bike a lot, however he finds a pity that you cannot attack while in the bike.

Now on to the characters:

Kuuga:
- There are two types of Mighty Kicks in Mighty Form, he said that delivering them is very fun.
- If you change into Rising Mighty and try to do the Mighty Kick, you will turn into Amazing Mighty and do its attack.
- You can defeat enemies only by running with Mighty Form.

Agito:
- The reviewer is very happy about the inclusion of Burning Form. It seems you can only activate it under certain conditions, when you do, the name of the form will show up in the belt part on the screen.
- It is very powerful, therefore time limited.
- He praises the fidelity in Ground Form's attacks and likes the powerful punches.
- Apparently Trinity Form is ONLY to perform the Rider Glide.

Ryuki:
- He said it is tempting just to spam Advent, but says that the attack is very slow.
- He likes the fact that the card's use is unlimited.
- He said to try using the RideShooter because it is very fun to use.

Faiz:
- Axel Form consumes Rider gauge from defeating enemies and you can use it for only 10 seconds which is longer than the Kabuto Riders.
- His complaint is how the Axel Crimson Smash is not accurate to the show. In the show he would hit the enemy multiple times before the many cones appear. On this one, by shooting Faiz Pointer all the cones appear. He would prefer if it would be a continuous attack instead of simultaneous.
- He said that even though there is a restriction to use Axel Form (the gauge must be full) he didn't feel it at all since after 3 or 4 Crimson Smashes his gauge was full and he could transform.

Blade:
- Jack Form is playable and it is very fun to attack while flying.
- Apparently (if I got that right) you spend Attack Points to use the great variety of Rouser Cards. He says that collecting AP is fairly easy so it is a good balance.
- He praises the original voice and the faithful "WEY!!"
- You can buy the normal version and have the custom soundtrack.

もちろん、通常版を買って、カスタムサウンドトラックで設定してもOKですよ!

However, he said it is priceless to transform into King Form and "ELEMENTS" start playing.

Hibiki:
- He says that using the drums is powerful but it is not good to use on large batches of enemies. He said it is better to use it on bosses.
- Ongekiko is a very good guard.

Kabuto:
- He said that he wanted to cry of joy when he heard the "CAST OFF" and "PUT ON". He loves the way Masked Form is slow but is also a shooting character and the fact that the enemies are blown away when you Cast Off.
- There is not restriction in the Cast Off/Put On process.
- He loves that you have to push the button 3 times to perform the Rider Kick in Rider Form.
- You activate Clock Up with the △ button, and for a certain period of time the enemies will be in Slow Motion. Casting time is fairly short at first but it increases with level up. There is no restriction on Clock Up.
- The more you combo, the more the Clock Up time continues.
- It is possible to combine Rider Kick and Clock Up.

Den-O:
- When you take too many hits with a certain form, another Imagin will hop on and you will automatically change form. However, the form that you were using previously will NOT be available again until you clear the stage.
- If you "run out" of Imagin, you can fight in Liner Form.
- Apparently you can provoke enemies while in the Imagin Forms.
- The reviewer wishes for Super Climax and Wing Form in the next game.

Kiva:
- DoGaBaKi, like Trinity Form, is only for a Rider Glide.
- All Kiva Forms can Jump cancel.
- He said Kiva Form is the most fun to use due to his mobility. And variation of ground and air combos.

Decade:
- The reviewer is happy that you can FINALLY Clock Up as Decade-Kabuto. No Axel Form tho.
- However, you cannot use other Rider's personal traits such as Rouse Cards in Decade-Blade.
- When you final attack gauge is at MAX, if you have the Violent Emotion Figure your attack will be stronger (??). Complete Form is also very strong.

W and W FangJoker:
- He is sad because Joker is not available.
- He said that if you like fighting games, you will like FangJoker because of how you can combo.
- Shoulder Fang is useful to deal with two things in the same time.
- By holding down L you give up your defense to increase you attack.

OOO:
- He was wondering what was the point of the RideVendor if Latorartar was faster lol.
- No mix-n-match forms.

Fourze:
- He likes Giant Foot Module a lot since it can deal with a large batch of enemies at once.
- He says that Elek States's Rider 10G Volt Break is very slow and not very effective.
- Magnet States is very effective in missions when you have to destroy the Memory Pod.

Wizard:
- All Dragon is very strong and can finish bosses easily.
- Unfortunately, the magics are restricted to forms (like in SCH).
- You can use all 4 Styles but the reviewer likes Hurricane the best.

Accel:
- Accel Booster can be used freely but has a time limit. However, unlike Accel Trial, it does not consume gauge.

Birth:
- All enemies will give Cell Medals to Birth.

Meteor:
- Meteor Storm is NOT attack only, it is a timed power up that consumes gauge tho.

Beast:
- He said is better to be equiped with Dolphi all the time because of its healing powers. You can also flood the stage with Dolphi.
- Falco is indeed Beast's bike and it is good to use it against Hibiki's boss (which has the ability to fly).
- Chameleo is good to capture enemies and, along Dolphi, is very useful.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Everything I read about this makes me want it more.

Where's the cheapest place to import the TV Sound Edition again?

I thought Kiva, despite the show being eh, had a pretty rad suit...nice to see he plays good as well.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Everything I read about this makes me want it more.

Where's the cheapest place to import the TV Sound Edition again?

I thought Kiva, despite the show being eh, had a pretty rad suit...nice to see he plays good as well.

AmiAmi, but they're sold out. Next cheapest would probably be CDJapan.

I am curious though if and when we'll hear about any further DLC than what has already been announced. As much as new characters would be nice, new enemies/stages/bosses would also be welcomed.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The Dengeki updates don't stop!

In today's update, we have details on Meteor, Birth, and Blade. Nothing too earth-shattering here, but hey, more info and screens are always welcome!

Also I think at this point they've done features on every playable character.

EDIT: Also want to point out that the Premium TV Sound Edition is the 2nd best selling PS3 game on Amazon.jp right now, behind only Resident Evil Revelations, and the 6th best selling game overall.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/2228410051/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Sorry for the double post here, but I just wanted to point out that one of my favorite things about Battride War is how they've re-created all the "end of episode" effects for Chronicle Mode. It's such a nice touch.

aZOZtFi.jpg
FbIS8pa.jpg

u5Kki6n.jpg
PVTdLR5.jpg

cBiaSpv.jpg
poy2Qkn.jpg

kEzqdhv.jpg
YoXZOZa.jpg

FEpmOKe.jpg
8LpFKG4.jpg

8TE1r1O.jpg
dRfKPyr.jpg

3X8sBxv.jpg
adUlHDX.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wow, that's a fantastic touch. And it mixes different effects with different riders, too - that's cool.

I don't think it specifically mixes different effects with different Riders. For instance, the Wizard one is from Beast's storyline, where he encounters Birth, Meteor, and Accel at the end of a stage. Kabuto encounters Decade, Kiva encounters Wizard, etc. So they're all still used for their respective Riders.

But yeah, it really is a wonderful touch, and I hope they throw in the proper sound effects, too.

Watch Da Birdie

Shit, I think I'm gonna order it now from CDJapan...

Gotta do it, looks so sweet. I just worry there won't be a lot of support for non-Japanese readers.

Rocca

Skull IS in the game, though (as I'm sure you know)! Just not playable.

Ah didn't know that either, at least he's there in some form.

The last game I bought that was KR related was the All Kamen Rider Generations game. Thoroughly enjoyed both even if they were short. Battride sounds like an upgraded dream in every sense of the word.

Definitely getting the TV Premium Edition now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ah didn't know that either, at least he's there in some form.

The last game I bought that was KR related was the All Kamen Rider Generations game. Thoroughly enjoyed both even if they were short. Battride sounds like an upgraded dream in every sense of the word.

Definitely getting the TV Premium Edition now.

There's quite a lot of non-playable Riders in the game, actually. Both ally and enemy. I'll try to list as many as I can:

G3-X
Knight
Odin
Kaixa
Garren
Ibuki
Gatack
Zeronos
New Den-O
IXA
Dark Kiva
Diend
Skull
Eternal

I think that's all of them.

Rocca

There's quite a lot of non-playable Riders in the game, actually. Both ally and enemy. I'll try to list as many as I can:

G3-X
Knight
Odin
Kaixa
Garren
Ibuki
Gatack
Zeronos
New Den-O
IXA
Dark Kiva
Diend
Skull
Eternal

I think that's all of them.

That list makes me pretty happy. Thanks. :)

Hopefully EMS can get this to me by Saturday, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Agreed. I ended up getting my (Premium Edition) from CDJapan with fastest shipping. Haven't done that since KOF XI years ago. Hoping to get it ASAPS and binge on Counting the Medals 1, 2 and 3.

Watch Da Birdie

Does anyone have the list of songs?

Also, is there a list of what mooks and villains are appearing?

Ryuki was adapted into "Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight", but that was in the 2000s.

I found what I was thinking of. It was called Masked Rider in 1995, based on Kamen Rider Black RX.

Edit: Oh my god I remember this thing, it was terrifying to my 5 year old self. This is bringing back all kinds of bad memories.

kGiy87R.jpg

Sorry for the thread derail.

I found what I was thinking of. It was called Masked Rider in 1995, based on Kamen Rider Black RX.

Edit: Oh my god I remember this thing, it was terrifying to my 5 year old self. This is bringing back all kinds of bad memories.

kGiy87R.jpg

Sorry for the thread derail.

There was also a Masked Rider game on SEGA CD that used ZO...but let's not go any further into THAT.

shaowebb

My only thoughts on Masked Rider is that if the "Power Rider" rumor is true he will be hilarious.

For those that don't know about Power Rider

Saban gained the rights to Kamen Rider Decade a long time back and copyrighted the name Power Rider. My guess is they want to make Kamen Rider work over here somehow, but there are so many to cover. Easiest way to get a continuity going for that many riders and toys is to edit Decade into something since it has them all in the series.

Back on topic for the game though...I am gonna be getting me a PS3 someway somehow to play this. Something may just get pawned for this bad boy.

curious if decade can henshin into riders post decade (W,OOO,fourze,wizard). I mean there are ganbaride cards so it should be possible. Might need another movie first.

Are there character montage movelists videos yet?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My only thoughts on Masked Rider is that if the "Power Rider" rumor is true he will be hilarious.

For those that don't know about Power Rider

Saban gained the rights to Kamen Rider Decade a long time back and copyrighted the name Power Rider. My guess is they want to make Kamen Rider work over here somehow, but there are so many to cover. Easiest way to get a continuity going for that many riders and toys is to edit Decade into something since it has them all in the series.

Back on topic for the game though...I am gonna be getting me a PS3 someway somehow to play this. Something may just get pawned for this bad boy.

The only thing Saban ever did was trademark the name Power Rider. He didn't get the rights to any specific series.

Also that Youtube video was painful. Eesh.

curious if decade can henshin into riders post decade (W,OOO,fourze,wizard). I mean there are ganbaride cards so it should be possible. Might need another movie first.

Are there character montage movelists videos yet?

Not yet, no. The game's out in a couple days, though. Should be some videos up by then, I would guess.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For a moment there, I was calling bull on Decade since I don't recall that web thingie but I do recall that DecaDrive shot.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For a moment there, I was calling bull on Decade since I don't recall that web thingie but I do recall that DecaDrive shot.

That "web thingie" is the end-of-episode effect from Kabuto (it's beetle wings). Which means that part happens during Kabuto's story stages. He just happens to run into Decade during that part, hence why Decade is there.

I explained this a few posts up. :lol

NeonZ

Might need another movie first.

They still don't let Decade transform into Rider 1 in the games that came after Super Hero Taisen (like Rider Generations 2 or the last Climax Heroes). It looks like they won't update his abilities with post-show stuff.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That "web thingie" is the end-of-episode effect from Kabuto (it's beetle wings). Which means that part happens during Kabuto's story stages. He just happens to run into Decade during that part, hence why Decade is there.

I explained this a few posts up. :lol

Ahh I missed that lol

1264714249828qauib.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

Well, for better or worse, I just laid down 112$ on the Premium Sound Edition. A bit much, but IMO it's worth it to rock out to the sweet songs. I wonder how the game's original music holds up...maybe it'll be synth versions of the songs, like what Gundam Dynasty Warriors does in the JPN version.

EDIT: Double Action is Momo's version, right? It'd be pretty sweet if they had it set up where it changes to the different versions based on the Imagin being used.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, for better or worse, I just laid down 112$ on the Premium Sound Edition.

Glad to have you on board! :D

Man, these next few days need to hurry up. Hype is reaching critical mass over here. D: Like I've said before, this is pretty much the Kamen Rider game I've always wanted. And I've already decided that I'm not playing anything until I have Battride War in my hands. Just because. :lol

Watch Da Birdie

Glad to have you on board! :D

Man, these next few days need to hurry up. Hype is reaching critical mass over here. D: Like I've said before, this is pretty much the Kamen Rider game I've always wanted. And I've already decided that I'm not playing anything until I have Battride War in my hands. Just because. :lol

I've only imported two games in my life, Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Black.

So I'm kind of nervous, but being a Musou game (I fucking LOVED DWGundam 3, played that shit for hours), I feel like I'm not gonna feel ripped off...unless the game ends up being super-shallow. :p

And I'll be importing JoJo later this year too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've only imported two games in my life, Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Black.

So I'm kind of nervous, but being a Musou game (I fucking LOVED DWGundam 3, played that shit for hours), I feel like I'm not gonna feel ripped off...unless the game ends up being super-shallow. :p

And I'll be importing JoJo later this year too.

Myself, I don't even care if it ends up being super-shallow. I know I SHOULD, but this is one case where extreme fanboyism is negating all logical thought. :lol

One small thing I worry about though, is that so far we haven't heard anything about whether or not there are difficulty settings. One of the best things about Musou games is replaying the stages on all the difficulties. I mean, I can't imagine there not being difficulty selections, but I wish we'd have heard for sure if there were or not by now.

Watch Da Birdie

So, which character is everyone going to play as first? Unless you have to unlock them...I can see that being the case for the Seconds.

I think I'll go with Kiva.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, which character is everyone going to play as first? Unless you have to unlock them...I can see that being the case for the Seconds.

I think I'll go with Kiva.

I think you have to unlock everyone first through Chronicle Mode. So I'm pretty sure we're all gonna be playing as Wizard first. :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Picture from 2ch:

1311MB install, 720p (nobody expected 1080p, right? :lol).

EDIT: Another from 2ch. Not that it'll help most of us too much, but hey!

Stats screen. The bottom bar? That's how long you can stay in your "ultimate form" (Hyper Kabuto, Faiz Blaster, etc). The bar barely has anything in it at all, and it's already at 17 seconds. I can only imagine how long you'll be able to stay transformed once it's full.

Top Bottom