• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War |OT| Now, it's showtime!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I noticed there are Difficulties...when the dude goes to Chronicle Mode, there's a "Normal" and "Hard" option...he picks Normal. Hopefully the enemies are a bit more animate in Hard.

Also I imagine the optional Missions are where the difficulty ramps up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just got my invoice from AmiAmi and paid for the game. Now to wait for it to ship!

iuPzQcZot2s03.gif

shaowebb

Livestream going on right now!

(Not my stream, I should point out. :lol Also you can watch from the archive if you miss the live stream.)

http://ja.justin.tv/def_other#/w/5716119248/3

Live again and oh God is it awesome!
First thing I saw was OOO's shooting through forms as Time Judged All blared in the background. Now Kuuga is fighting folks to Decade's theme. Oh God I can't believe how fun it looks either.

PS3 must be bought somehow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fact that you have to hit the button 3 times with Kabuto to do the kick makes it the greatest game ever

Good to see it's not as sluggish as Hokuto either

shaowebb

The fact that you have to hit the button 3 times with Kabuto to do the kick makes it the greatest game ever

I know! I love that he can clock up...
1!
...go into clockup...
2!
...start hitting a bunch of dudes...
3!
...launch them into the air...
RIDER KICK!!!
BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clock OVER.

Sooooo good!
Plus he can cast off and put on as much as he wants and he gets the burst that knocks people away after each! Now if he'd only point his finger to the sky at will after the rider kick :3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure they'll make more riders playable if they do a sequel, but I'd really like to see guys like Ankh and Scorpio playable.

these levels are longer than I would have thought.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The loading times look suuuuuuuper shit, yeah. That stage he played earlier with Kabuto took what, three minutes to load? Gah. That's awful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Which is weird, long load times are usually associated with games with a lot of customization like WWE or ModNation. Musou games are usually really fast.

Not a dealbreaker, but I'm not sure why it's that way.

shaowebb

My God this stream is hype though. All the Rider stuff he's doing is pure fan love. So many details were put in for fans. Also judging by Ixa and Garren there will be many more Riders someday in the inevitable sequels this will get :D

Watch Da Birdie

Right now in the Stream, "Rebirth" from Blade's playing, but I thought only Round Zero and ELEMENTS were included?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Accel as a bike will never not be funny.

I was hoping Accel Trial would be a regular mode though. I like that design way more than base Accel.
Huh, if you can just add all the songs, what's the point of the TV Sound Edition?

Same point of every game with a soundtrack 'edition'.

There is none.

Shiv47

Custom soundtrack. This guy doesn't even have the Premium Edition.

So it is confirmed that the regular edition will allow this, then? I have a ton of Rider CDs that I've ripped and I'd prefer to save the money over the Premium edition. It does render the premium kinda pointless if so.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can we all stop reminding me how I probably shouldn't have bought the Premium? Thanks. >_>

But yeah, you definitely can use mp3 custom soundtracks on the Regular Edition.

Now that it seems like out of suit combat is a thing in KR shows again, can we ever expect henshining being a thing in games? It's literally one of the key aspects of a rider. Henshin sequence, the suit, the gimmicks, the finisher.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I hear the Decade theme one more time...

Can we all stop reminding me how I probably shouldn't have bought the Premium? Thanks. >_>

You get a different box art I guess!

Should have saved your money for figuarts lolol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Now that it seems like out of suit combat is a thing in KR shows again, can we ever expect henshining being a thing in games? It's literally one of the key aspects of a rider. Henshin sequence, the suit, the gimmicks, the finisher.

I may be wrong here, and someone correct me if I am, but I think that would involve paying to use the actor's likeness. That's why they went to great lengths in the Blade PS2 game to not show Kenzaki's face during the opening FMV. But then again, they did have photos of the Riders in human form on the character select screen, so hey, I'm probably wrong.

But either way, KR games are historically low-budget, and it's much easier and cheaper to render a Rider helmet than it is to render a human face that doesn't look like shit. Also that would pretty much double the required models (human form and Rider form) for a Rider game, again increasing the budget.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the closest you ever get to that would be if someone (like say Platinum since they're the only ones who've made games in a similar vein) were to make a character action game 'inspired' by tokusatsu.

And it would only have one character.

If this came out a year ago, it would have been a LOT worse.

true

I did too. But, oh well.

SO DID I!

I may be wrong here, and someone correct me if I am, but I think that would involve paying to use the actor's likeness. That's why they went to great lengths in the Blade PS2 game to not show Kenzaki's face during the opening FMV. But then again, they did have photos of the Riders in human form on the character select screen, so hey, I'm probably wrong.

But either way, KR games are historically low-budget, and it's much easier and cheaper to render a Rider helmet than it is to render a human face that doesn't look like shit. Also that would pretty much double the required models (human form and Rider form) for a Rider game, again increasing the budget.

Also Tendou's face in the Kabuto PS2 game.

Slayven

Watching the live streams, seems like the Kamen Rider game we been smashing for. Why was the Gokaiger one so terrible?

Watch Da Birdie

Here's a list of Trophies I found on GameFaqs someone translated:

One platinum
Three trophies for clearing 1/10/all of the "Rider Roads".
Two for completing one/all "Chronicle Mode" missions.
One for getting all the figurines.
14 for clearing each of the main Rider's final Chronicle Mode missions. (Each titled with their catch phrase, of course.)
One for 100,000 Shop Points.
One for smacking around 50 bosses.
One for riding a marathon in your cycles. (42.195km, for the unaware)
One for 5,000 kills. (It's lunchtime!)
One for beating the Chronicle Mode mission "Black Bird...". (Looks like a FangJoker mission, judging by the tile.)
One for changing forms 100 times.
One for... 5 hours of play? That's all?
One for 100,000 "COMBO". Hits, certainly.
One for riding your cycle for 555km.
One for clearing the Chronicle Mode stage "The traitor's true nature".
One for getting a Rider to Lv40.
One for finishing a mission in 5 minutes. ("Clock up!")
One for clearing a mission with 3 skills.
One for getting all the BGMs and voices.
One for 10,000 kills.
One for landing 100 super special attacks.
One for 10 missions with a chosen partner.
One for freeing all the Riders.
One for buying 30 things from the shop.

Can you summon Riders, non-playable ones too, for Assist Attacks like you can in Gundam DW? I think "Chosen Partner" means when you use the Riders within the same series together, like Kabuto and Gatack.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's a list of Trophies I found on GameFaqs someone translated:

Can you summon Riders, non-playable ones too, for Assist Attacks like you can in Gundam DW? I think "Chosen Partner" means when you use the Riders within the same series together, like Kabuto and Gatack.

Gatack was fighting alongside the streamer in one level. And I think he was fighting along a Blade Joker in another, weirdly enough.

shaowebb

Here's a good thing they did.
Your Musou move does not Get Wasted if a cutscene happens in Battride war unlike in Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i was so ready for this to be some poor ripoff of DW. To either be super floaty or shallow, but it looks completley legit, and they really went to town on the fanservice. Loading so far has been my only issue. So happy that the dream game exists, and it'll make me continue to hate region locking when that could mean I don't have awesome games like this will be on future consoles.

Because if the first one looks this good, the sequel to musou style games is always where they blow it out the water.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
i was so ready for this to be some poor ripoff of DW. To either be super floaty or shallow, but it looks completley legit, and they really went to town on the fanservice. Loading so far has been my only issue. So happy that the dream game exists, and it'll make me continue to hate region locking when that could mean I don't have awesome games like this will be on future consoles.

Because if the first one looks this good, the sequel to musou style games is always where they blow it out the water.

Well, the plus side here is, if there's a sequel it'll probably be for the PS3 (and maybe WiiU/Vita). As I said earlier, KR games are generally low-budget affairs. Now that they've got this engine built and the groundwork laid, you can bet they're going to milk it until the PS3 is dead and buried.

Sora_N

I'm mirroring my post in the previous non-OT thread, didn't notice there was an OT now.

Apparently the Asian version has been cancelled if Buygame2 are to be believed :/

I had my preorder in with Buygame2. Oh well, they offered me the Japanese version for around the same price so all's not lost.

Oh what the hell? Did you mean this one? "Kamen Rider Battride War - Hong Kong"? I never got any email from them, now I have another issue to deal with.

This is my first time ordering with BuyGame2, not having a pleasant experience at all. I didn't read that 'don't send payment yet' until confirmation, so I stupidly sent them the PayPal payment first after checkout. So my $72USD was immediately taken from my PayPal balance, and it was an 'authorization'. I thought it was weird and ignored it (I paid on May 13th) since the money left my account already.

A few days ago, they sent me an email saying yo you didn't pay yet, and I told them I did pay with a screenshot. They say it was an authorization only. I called PayPal and they basically said the funds are on hold, and they can't do anything. The seller has to accept or decline. I already asked them to do SOMETHING with the transaction, I hope they respond soon because I'm pretty frustrated with this. Basically PayPal said they don't even know when the hold will expire so my $72 is floating around nowhere since BuyGame2 won't do anything. :/ I have just explained to them in another email, so I hope they actually take action.

Pretty sour experience so far.

watching this guys's archive.

Like how there is final forms... but yeah game looks awful outside of the fanservice sadly. Bored of the gameplay after watching 2 mins of it lol.

Would love a montage video of all this lol.

Top Bottom