• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War |OT| Now, it's showtime!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
well got a shipping email aswell, now to play the waiting game.

9f07_064.jpg

"Now we play the waiting game..... Ahh, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!"

Mine shipped as well but I rolled with SAL, which took about 10 days last time I ordered from Ami. Hopefully some of the menu/shop/item/skill/whatever translation will have started by the time it gets here.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Spoiler summary of the plot I found on 4ch:

It's about a couple of scientists (divorced) that were researching memories. Their son was put into a coma by a traffic accident. With Foundation X's funding, they created a world made out of memories called Cage of Memory.

Along the way, Karasu (the husband, real name:Karashima) decides to take the research further to brainwash the real world, saying that people don't learn from the past, if they did the traffic accident wouldn't have happened. Before she is brainwashed, Canaria (the wife, real name: Kana Iria) inserts herself into COM and summons the Kamen Riders to stop him. She knows about the Kamen Riders through Tsubame's (the son, real name: Tsubasa) memories. There's some more stuff, but I'm too lazy to go into more detail.

Philip actually brings up the concern that they might not be real, but says that's something that only the old him would have believed and that the current him can now feel that the people around him are real.

Best line in the game is "I'm Kisaragi Gentarou, the man who will befriend the birds."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So far my day has consisted of

*refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page* *refresh tracking page*

Doesn't help that two of my friends already have their copies. Dammit. =/

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Apparently there's already been a patch put out (I guess you should be able to get it even using a non-JPN PS3?) that fixes some glitches, which shows there's support for the game in the long run.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dammit. Looks like I'm not going to get it today after all. Tracking still hasn't updated since Chicago yesterday afternoon.

Kinda sucks that it took it one day to get all the way from Japan to Chicago, but is going to take like four days to get from Chicago to Ohio, due to the weekend and holiday. =/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Jesus Christ. Dat loading time.

It's preeeeeeetty bad, yeah. Especially given the fact that the game is 1.8GB and 1.3GB of that is installed to the HDD. I read somewhere that the game is actually a bit of a technical mess, at least as far as the filesystem is concerned. It's 1.8GB, and yet there are 22,000+ files and 2,000+ folders on the disc. Pretty sloppy if you ask me. And probably explains the shit load times.

squall23

Do we know which forms have a time limit and which ones don't? I'm watching the stream archives with Agito and I can see that Shining Form uses the bar while Flame and Storm seems to have no limit. I'm confused about Burning Form because sometimes it looks like it can come out of nowhere and sometimes you're forced back into Ground Form.

Also, Flame Form's sword is ridiculously long.

WillyFive

It's preeeeeeetty bad, yeah. Especially given the fact that the game is 1.8GB and 1.3GB of that is installed to the HDD. I read somewhere that the game is actually a bit of a technical mess, at least as far as the filesystem is concerned. It's 1.8GB, and yet there are 22,000+ files and 2,000+ folders on the disc. Pretty sloppy if you ask me. And probably explains the shit load times.

Yeah, despite the bigger budget, the rush job habit from Bandai still seems to affect the game.

I wonder if there's anything in those files worth digging up. Many games tend to have cut content and unused assets still on the disc.

Slayven

Any Bamdai game is going to be poo for the first one. Kamen rider fighting games got hella better with each new one. Next Battleride with be wild, so we shouldn't hold back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a basic translation of the movelist? I've mostly figured it out but just basic controls would be nice.

and what's the difference between selecting a Rider with circle and with triangle?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is there a basic translation of the movelist? I've mostly figured it out but just basic controls would be nice.

and what's the difference between selecting a Rider with circle and with triangle?

Triangle is random select.

Basic controls:

[] - Basic attack

/\ - Special Move 1

O - Special Move 2

/\ + O - Special Move 3/Finisher

X - Jump

[] + X - Rider Glide (kinda a "combo breaker", costs meter)

R2 - Ultimate Form

L2 - Summon motorcycle

R1 - Cycle through form changes (tap)/Change form (hold)

L1 - Guard (can evade by pressing a direction while guarding)

R3 - Lock on (when available)

Left/Right (D-pad) - Cycle through form changes

Down (D-pad) - Change form

Up (D-pad) - Return to base form

Bike controls:

R2 - Accelerate

L2 - Dismount

X - Brake/sharp turn

/\ - 180 degree turn

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I really hope we get some new missions or something via DLC. There's a lot of characters, but not really enough to DO with them, y'know? I wish it at least kept track of which characters you've beaten which stages with, or had separate ranks for both difficulties.

Though I don't really know why I'm saying this NOW, since I still haven't finished Chronicle Mode, and have only done two Rider Roads. I'm just concerned that I may run out of goals to shoot for before I'm "done" with the game.

Also, Hibiki's Ongekibou Rekka is ridiculously broken.

squall23

Why does Kiva take so long to unlock his other forms compared to everybody else? His base form is great, but god damn the grind.

Also, Wizard hurricane's circle and Agito Storm Form's triangle + circle. Why even bother using anything else? Holy crap are those moves broken.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Why does Kiva take so long to unlock his other forms compared to everybody else? His base form is great, but god damn the grind.

Also, Wizard hurricane's circle and Agito Storm Form's triangle + circle. Why even bother using anything else? Holy crap are those moves broken.

The whole game is unbalanced as hell, honestly. Besides the stuff you mentioned, there's a bunch of other broken stuff. Hibiki's Ongekibou Rekka, Kuuga Pegasus Form in general, Fang Joker's Shoulder Fang, pretty much anything ranged.

EDIT: Oh, Den-O Rod Form's Triangle move is super broken too.

shaowebb

The whole game is unbalanced as hell, honestly. Besides the stuff you mentioned, there's a bunch of other broken stuff. Hibiki's Ongekibou Rekka, Kuuga Pegasus Form in general, Fang Joker's Shoulder Fang, pretty much anything ranged.

EDIT: Oh, Den-O Rod Form's Triangle move is super broken too.

How about put on and cast off with Kabuto?

http://battridewar084.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/トップページ

So here's a Japanese wiki for the game. It's still being worked on, and far from complete, but you can still Google Translate it to get an idea of what some of the equippables do and such.

iH4j0NQ.jpg

This is gonna be a fun read :)
Dat Pigeon Ride.

squall23

Is it just me, or do different bikes control differently? I find that anything that resembles a motocross bike to turn the best and go the fastest while anything that doesn't just plain sucks ass.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is it just me, or do different bikes control differently? I find that anything that resembles a motocross bike to turn the best and go the fastest while anything that doesn't just plain sucks ass.

Yep. Found that to be pleasantly surprising, myself. I expected all the bikes to handle the same, but they really don't. Big bikes like Hibiki's and Ryuki's bike/car thing handle like shit, but smaller bikes like Kuuga's and Meteor's handle great. One thing I did notice as a positive for Ryuki's bike is that you can't get knocked off of it by mines and stuff.

Top Bottom