• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days |OT|

25riknq.jpg

|Point Blank|

Developer | IO Interactive
Publisher | Eidos / Square Enix
Release Date | August 17 2010 (USA) / August 20 2010 (UK)
Platforms | 360 / PS3 / PC
Rating | Mature / PEGI 18
Genre | Third Person Crime / Action Shooter
Gameplay Modes | Single Player / Online+Offline Co-op / Competitive Multiplayer

10150593-1.jpg
10147888-1.jpg
10147889-1.jpg

|Synopsis|

Play as two of gaming's most disturbing and realistic criminals; Lynch – a self medicated psychopath - and Kane - a disillusioned and desperate ex-mercenary, in a gritty and brutal crime shooter from IO Interactive. Kane and Lynch face the consequences of their actions when a simple job gone wrong finds them on a desperate and frantic struggle to escape. Experience their fight to survive through the back streets and rooftops of Shanghai’s gritty underworld. They can trust no one, not even each other as the cracks begin to appear in Lynch’s sanity and Kane’s stability.

97999720100616screen012.jpg

|Features|

• Raw, Real & Uncut - Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days introduces a unique, unseen visual style to video games. Taking visual references from documentary filmmaking and the user-generated era, Kane & Lynch 2 delivers a sense of intense realism never before experienced.
• Play as Lynch - Play as Lynch and follow his story. He is living a comfortable life in Shanghai, he’s making money and is about to make a fat deal where the pay is beyond his wildest dreams and nothing is going to get in his way. Until he presumably fucks it up.
• Down Not Dead - Adding further intensity to the brutal gameplay, players will have a second chance at taking out their enemies; Choose between continuing the gunfight from the ground or try to escape by crawling towards cover.
• Online and Offline Co-op - Play as Kane and Lynch
• Fragile Alliance - The highly celebrated multiplayer experience returns with a collection of new and improved modes. There are three modes: Fragile Alliance, Undercover Cop and Cops & Robbers
• From the Creators of the Critically Acclaimed Hitman Series - The studio behind the best-selling Hitman titles and 2007’s Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.

kl2restaurant7.jpg

|Limited Edition|

61n8Vau2BuiL_SL500_AA300_.jpg
51gYfrdOiPL_SL500_AA300_.jpg
51HeIFJf2BIL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - Limited Edition delivers an additional experience to the critically acclaimed multiplayer modes with free content. It is an exclusive offer for PAL region.

Play the Exclusive Radio Tower multiplayer map in Fragile Alliance, Undercover Cop, Cops & Robbers multiplayer modes, and in Arcade Mode.

Glazer, the crime boss of the Expats, has been hired to collect dirty cash from an abandoned factory. Old communist monuments in the run down area of Shanghai are soon to be demolished, making it the perfect location for deal to go down. No one is sure that this deal is safe, so everyone needs to be ready to work together and be prepared to get in & out quickly with the $4 Million

Stay Sharp Choose your weapon from the 7 confiscated exclusives available.

Conceal Your Identity Use 8 exclusive costume masks stolen from a Chinese gift shop. You never want to be identified, especially if you are a traitor!

|Pre-Order Bonuses|

Best Buy - Reserve Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days and receive the GameStop-exclusive Greed, Betrayal, and Revenge Multi-player Pack! Betrayal, greed, and dirty money feature prominently as you play the Radio Tower Map across all 4 multi-player modes. As an added bonus you’ll receive three exclusive multi-player weapons: the Doretta handgun with silencer, the US-standard Steel 780 shotgun, and the TOQ SBR submachine gun.

Amazon - Order "Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days" and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Additionally, receive an exclusive graphic novel and a code to unlock the exclusive Goodbye Katty Gun. Both the code for the gun and the graphic novel will be included in pack when the game ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Best Buy - While supplies last, you'll get a code in-pack with the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days to unlock the Best Buy exclusive weapons-and-masks pack. You can use these eight masks and three guns across all four multiplayer modes of this felonious crime shooter — Fragile Alliance, Cops & Robbers, Undercover Cop, and Arcade mode.

Walmart - Pre-order now and receive a Bonus Walmart.com Exclusive Strategy Guide for the Fragile Alliance game type. I would stay away from this one since BattleStrats plans on publishing several free strategy guides for K&L2 in time for its release.

ltdbig-1.jpg

|Characters|

lynch20gun-1.jpg
kane20suitbig-1.jpg

|Multiplayer - Trust No One|

Along with the online/offline co-op story mode, Dog Days has three other unique, paranoia-inducing multiplayer modes:

Fragile Alliance: Team up with other criminals to pull off the ultimate heist, but be careful... anyone can turn traitor at anytime and try to make off with the loot themselves. The only person you can trust is yourself.

Undercover Cop: One player is selected as an undercover cop and must prevent the others from pulling off the heist... by any means possible.

Cops and Robbers: So you got your cash, and now it's time to get the fuck outta there... and then the cops show up. Cops must retrieve the stolen cash, while the robbers must protect it at all costs.

97999620100519790screen.jpg

|Screenshots|

|Videos|

Story

Launch Trailer
Co-Op Trailer
Psychopath
Ex-Mercenary
You Think You Can Kill Me?
She'd Better Be Worth It
Arcade Mode
Welcome to Shanghai
Debut Trailer
Burger Joint
Bowling for Shanghai

Multiplayer

Focus on The Job - Multiplayer Trailer
Cops and Robbers
Undercover Cop
Fragile Alliance

Behind the Scenes

BTS 1
BTS 2
BTS 3

|Reviews|

OXM UK - 9.0
OXM Australia - 8.0
Famitsu - 32/40
Strength Gamer - 8.5
GamingXP - 84%
Eurogamer - 4.0/10
Joystiq - 2.5/5
Giant Bomb - 3/5
Game Reactor.de - 6.0/10
Ripten - 8.5/10
Kotaku
Videogamer - 7/10
Strategy Informer - 8.5/10
Total Video Games - 7/10
Dual Shockers - 8.0/10
Now Gamer - 6.8/10
Inc Gamers - 7.2/10
Guardian - 3/5
CVG - 8.5/10
1up - B-
IGN - 7.0/10 - Video Review on same page
Planet X-Box 360 - 7.7/10
Gamespot - 6.5/10
Gametrailers - 8.1/10

05d800.jpg

|Credit|

Many thanks to santi_yo for the wicked awesome banner. It rocks. Keep an eye on it. Great touch.

Most of this info and material was culled from the fan site: www.kane-lynch.com, so thanks to them for putting it all together.

:lol Great placeholder pic.

I'm actually going to go pick this game up in a few minutes. I'll be back with impressions later.

I'm pretty positive I'm going to pick this up tomorrow.

The visual style is incredible and I love the idea behind washed up but still badass middle aged characters. I've heard it's criminally short though...about 5 hours or so. :(

I've seen about 2 hours of the game, and I have to saw that one of the scenarios is just crazy. It is spoiled in ESRB rating though to an extent. All I will say is that it invloves
male nudity

Messi

thehillissilent said:
I've seen about 2 hours of the game, and I have to saw that one of the scenarios is just crazy. It is spoiled in ESRB rating though to an extent. All I will say is that it invloves
male nudity

Cheers for that :(

thehillissilent said:
I've seen about 2 hours of the game, and I have to saw that one of the scenarios is just crazy. It is spoiled in ESRB rating though to an extent. All I will say is that it invloves male nudity.
Pretty sure that was in one of the trailers as well.

Revolutionary said:
Pretty sure that was in one of the trailers as well.
I haven't seen all of trailers. They have been coming out with a lot though. The whole scenario was messed up and funny at the same time. It was almost like a dark comedy.

Nemesis_

A few questions.....

1.) Is it true there's a level where you play as Kane and Lynch completely nude? :lol
2.) Is it worth playing the first one, since I skipped it cos I couldn't stand the demo but I loved the demo for this one?
3.) If not, can anyone link me to a story synopsis of the original game? >_>

ezekial45

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
A few questions.....

1.) Is it true there's a level where you play as Kane and Lynch completely nude? :lol
2.) Is it worth playing the first one, since I skipped it cos I couldn't stand the demo but I loved the demo for this one?

Look at the video i posted.
2. You can give it a shot, but this game's story is open enough to not make it mandatory.
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane_&_Lynch:_Dead_Men

Nemesis556 said:
A few questions.....

Yes, allegedly
2. No, it will most likely annoy you, but if you have the time and patience...
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane_and_lynch ---> Synopsis

Edit: Beaten, by mere seconds!

Nemesis556 said:
A few questions.....

Though, if you're curious about the ending of the first game, keep this in mind:

There are two endings, one where Kane abandons everyone to die and takes off with his daughter, and one where he goes back to save his men, and as a result, his daughter is presumably killed. It seems that at the beginning of Dog Days, his daughter's alive, and Lynch is on decent terms with him, so they've probably retconned it a little with him saving Lynch and getting away with his daughter: she didn't die, but it appears she was injured or something.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
GameFly sent it out today, PS3 version

Should have it by Wednesday or Thursday

If GAF needs a good player I'm available...PSN: GraveRobberX, EST Time Zone, play all day

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
There are two endings, one where Kane abandons everyone to die and takes off with his daughter, and one where he goes back to save his men, and as a result, his daughter is presumably killed. It seems that at the beginning of Dog Days, his daughter's alive, and Lynch is on decent terms with him, so they've probably retconned it a little with him saving Lynch and getting away with his daughter: she didn't die, but it appears she was injured or something.

It's the first ending with the Helicopter that this seems to follow, and Kane doesn't abandon everyone he takes Lynch with him.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the splitscreen for offline coop is vertical or horizontal? I can't play games with the really wide and short aspect.ratio when the screen is split horizontally. I liked the demo and would like to play this with a friend but I need to know about the splitscreen first.

Lambtron said:
Does anyone know if the splitscreen for offline coop is vertical or horizontal? I can't play games with the really wide and short aspect.ratio when the screen is split horizontally. I liked the demo and would like to play this with a friend but I need to know about the splitscreen first.
Sorry, it's horizontal. Don't see an option to flip it, either.

Shurs

derFeef said:
When does review embargo end?

My review is embargoed until tomorrow morning, 9AM EST, which is about 18.5 hours from now. I just got the game today, so my review won't be out for a few days after the embargo ends.

I wouldn't be surprised if IGN has a review out sooner.

rvy

Banned
Shurs said:
My review is embargoed until tomorrow morning, 9AM EST, which is about 18.5 hours from now. I just got the game today, so my review won't be out for a few days after the embargo ends.

I wouldn't be surprised if IGN has a review out sooner.
Didju rike it?

Shurs

Verboten said:
Fucking jerk! I don't really have money to be buying $60 games like that, but after that post, I HAVE TO OWN THIS GAME.

I think the marketing for this game has been top notch.

Rich!

Verboten said:
Is the first one any good?

lol, no.

Hm. Dog Days is £27 on steam. Might buy it tomorrow when it's released - it'll certainly piss off my 360 owning mates who have to wait until friday. :lol

Verboten said:
Fucking jerk! I don't really have money to be buying $60 games like that, but after that post, I HAVE TO OWN THIS GAME.

Depends on what aspect you're judging...

Character, story, atmosphere, voice acting? Yes.

Visuals/Gameplay? No, not really.

Couldn't hurt to give it a shot, some really good bits in there. Night Club/Tokyo Streets/Prison Break Out are my favourite levels.

Aselith

dreamer3kx said:
Kane reminds me of Waingro (Kevin Gage) from Heat, probably was mentioned before though.

184066.1.jpg
600px-Heat-Megastar-2.jpg

Yeah, I noticed the resemblence in the first game. It's not really suprising since a lot of the action in that game resembles Heat very closely.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/kane-lynch-heat/100129

Verboten said:

Yeah, I thought it was great.

SamBishop

Banned
Shurs said:
I'm installing the game as I type this.

Likewise. Nothing like a little Chinese pop while bombing down the freeway. We'll have to hop online and pew pew each other in the face when everyone else jumps into that get-together in an hour and a half or so.

Shurs said:

Awwww, scratch that...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Verboten said:

NO!!!!

Do not buy the first one unless it is dirt cheap. Everything but the gameplay and graphics were great. But the gameplay was so bad you forget about all the good stuff. I remember being so frustrated at that game because it could have been great.

Haunted

dreamer3kx said:
Kane reminds me of Waingro (Kevin Gage) from Heat, probably was mentioned before though.
Not a coincidence. Was discussed at length when the first game was announced. So much of it was modelled after the movie, it's basically Heat: the game.

Prime crotch said:
I'm more bummed at the buggy demo the PS3 got, I might get it if the final version is clean.

The first game was kick ass.

IO is releasing a Day One patch for the PS3 version to deal with the bugs, so no worries on that front.

W1SSY

Neuromancer said:
Yep, will probably be more entertaining than the game itself.

I hope that Jeff can talk about it on the Bombcast. If not I guess a possible video review will have to do.

Top Bottom