• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days |OT|

panda21

*WARNING* *WARNING*

people saying the first game was good are probably talking about the PC version, the console version is terrible

Dennis

Banned
Review from GamingXP: 84% (PS3 version)

A good story is the main point about Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. The camera is fuzzy, a highly crowded environment wants to be discovered, the sound is breathtaking and the difficulty is extremely high. Nice, but limited to hardcore gamers.

I would link to the review itself but it seems to have been remove due to embargo

I can't wait for this sucker to arrive in my mailbox!!!!!!!!!!! I am itching for some story driven game play (and Co op)!!!!!!!

Az987

all good things
Can't wait to play this tomorrow, although I'm a bit disappointed with Amazon's preorder bonus. But I can't argue with $10.

A good story is the main point about Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. The camera is fuzzy, a highly crowded environment wants to be discovered, the sound is breathtaking and the difficulty is extremely high. Nice, but limited to hardcore gamers.

Not sure if I would consider that a bad thing! As long as it is the game that makes it hard and not the mechanics, I am cool with that!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I have it coming in from Amazon, since it's Steamworks and Amazon has it for $40 effectively. Demo seemed cool, aside from those hit confirmation icons.

Played through K&L 1 recently and didn't dislike it until the Havana/hacienda sections, which also ended up being like half of the game. Once it hits those meatgrinders any goodwill I had for it disintegrated. Also don't play K&L 1 if you're expecting to fill in on any backstory for the sequel. The plot is incoherent and inconsequential.

EviLore said:
I have it coming in from Amazon, since it's Steamworks and Amazon has it for $40 effectively. Demo seemed cool, aside from those hit confirmation icons.

Played through K&L 1 recently and didn't dislike it until the Havana/hacienda sections, which also ended up being like half of the game. Once it hits those meatgrinders any goodwill I had for it disintegrated. Also don't play K&L 1 if you're expecting to fill in on any backstory for the sequel. The plot is incoherent and inconsequential.

Wish you told me that before! :p Thanks for that, if anything I'll just look up the youtube playthrough.

EviLore said:

Dunno about incoherent, I understood it fairly well.

Though yeah, fuck Cuba. So much. At least this time around, the game seems to be set entirely in an urban area.

panda21

wait does that mean 'limited to' as in its only for hardcore gamers, or that hardcore gamers will find it limited (as in not deep/interesting enough)?

shagg_187 said:
See you on the other side tomorrow! :D

I hope I get it tomorrow, like I said it is coming in the mail! I decided to Gamefly it since money is tight right now and I am buying Mafia 2 next week! As long as the game doesn't end up missing in the mail (Again!) I should have it by Thursday. It shows as shipped this morning, but sometimes Gamefly sends new releases earlier than there shipped date says and I get it on release day!!! Hope that happens this time! Come on US Postal Service!!!!!!!!!1

So yeah, my initial impressions are that the game is pretty good. The demo is a very good indicator of what you'll get out of the final product.
Extreme difficulty is a bitch, though. Reminds me of Crushing in Uncharted.

Anyway, Online doesn't seem to be working yet... so I've been stuck playing Story and Arcade (which is basically like offline multiplayer). Curiously enough, the friendly AI in Arcade is more than competent... what's up with the dumbass Story AI?

Dennis

Banned
Wasn't there a demo out? I can't for the life of me find the PC version anywhere...or was it only for PS360?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
panda21 said:
*WARNING* *WARNING*

people saying the first game was good are probably talking about the PC version, the console version is terrible
Yes :D Absolutely. Getting this on PC again, supposedly it should be pretty cheap in stores so might get it right away

Haunted

Edgeward said:
Yes there is a PC demo. Should still be on it's store page on Steam.
*checks Steam*

"low violence version"

XyJAj.gif

Nemic77

Awesome banner!

I'll definitely be getting this for the PS3... I do hope the multiplayer provides a good enough lasting appeal.

RedStep

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
lol, no, I didn't mean to offend you. I guess I misunderstood what you meant.

Comprehension difficulties just went meta!

I'll have it from Amazon tomorrow; can't wait. I'm still stuck in Cuba in the first game... I hate it so much.

Very up for this! I think the presentation of this title is extremelly impressive (and unique), and it's great to play as someone completely off the rails for once.

Revolutionary said:
So yeah, my initial impressions are that the game is pretty good. The demo is a very good indicator of what you'll get out of the final product.
Extreme difficulty is a bitch, though. Reminds me of Crushing in Uncharted.

Anyway, Online doesn't seem to be working yet... so I've been stuck playing Story and Arcade (which is basically like offline multiplayer). Curiously enough, the friendly AI in Arcade is more than competent... what's up with the dumbass Story AI?

Anymore impressions?

cjtiger300 said:
Anymore impressions?
Yeah, just finished the Story. That's around... 8 hours, but mostly due to being stuck in a few spots in the later stages (Extreme difficulty is such a pain in the ass with an AI partner). So yeah, it's not very long of a campaign but it's all gun/gameplay. I found it to be a pretty fun ride, but it's nothing exceptional... and the story is nothing special, either.

Seems Online is finally working, so I'll be back with more on that later (or tomorrow).

Revolutionary said:
Yeah, just finished the Story. That's around... 8 hours, but mostly due to being stuck in a few spots in the later stages (Extreme difficulty is such a pain in the ass with an AI partner). So yeah, it's not very long of a campaign but it's all gun/gameplay. I found it to be a pretty fun ride, but it's nothing exceptional... and the story is nothing special, either.

Seems Online is finally working, so I'll be back with more on that later (or tomorrow).

Sounds awesome!!!! My guess is it would be a lot more fun with a Co op partner!!!

Liked the first one a lot despite its flaws, the last half of the game I really had to work through in order to complete it.

I'll probably get this after the holidays after it takes a nice dip in price. Nothing against the game, there's just so much else coming soon I'd rather have.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Second level was bloody awesome, if the game can maintain that kind of vibe throughout then I'm going to really enjoy this game.

Poimandres said:
Very up for this! I think the presentation of this title is extremelly impressive (and unique), and it's great to play as someone completely off the rails for once.

Indeed. This will be a terrific ride. Keen as hell for Dog Days - especially the ambiance and atmospheric detail and conveyance.

Pylon_Trooper said:
Let us know how it goes. We MUST know! :D

I'm at work and won't be able to play it until tonight. On the plus side, I'll be hitting the coop right away, so will give my impressions...

onken

I hadn't been following this at all but downloaded the PS3 demo on a whim and was really surprised to find that it was actually pretty good (after the garbage first one)! Might just end up getting this some point down the line.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wow has a major releases |OT| ever not made it past the first page by release? I think Eidos miscalculated peoples interest in more K&L. :lol

Jb

Sinatar said:
Wow has a major releases |OT| ever not made it past the first page by release? I think Eidos miscalculated peoples interest in more K&L. :lol
I wouldn't call it a major release.

MacBosse

I really love IO as developers, the hitman series is awesome, Freedom Fighers was epic and I enjoyed the first Kane and Lynch. And I will sure as hell buy the sequel.

But I fear that this game will sell poorly.

where are all the reviews for this? The review copy must have went out pretty late, the embargo is after the game comes out.

Top Bottom