• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That's the 'ye sound I missed. The verses sucked ass entirely, but that beat is exactly what I look to Kanye for.

That screaming better not fucking make it to final cut.

WanderingWind said:
That's the 'ye sound I missed. The verses sucked ass entirely, but that beat is exactly what I look to Kanye for.

That screaming better not fucking make it to final cut.
This close to the release date, I assure you that this is the final cut.

Tokubetsu

I was kinda eh at first but I can't lie, im totally hype/pumped right now. Inspired a bit too. I might be busting out the mpd tonight...

DominoKid

i thought Jay was clever w/ it on the low. i liked this part

Photo shoot fresh
Looking like wealth
I’m about to call the paparazzi on myself
Uh, live form the Mercer, run up on Yeezy the wrong way
I might murk ya
Flee in the G450 I might surface
Political refugee asylum can be purchased
Uh, everythings for sale, I got 5 passports
I’m never going to jail

but yeah i think Kanye is bout to outrap him this album.

cacophony

Needs more listens but it's still meh to me.

The sample feels distracting during the verses, I think it wouldve worked better if they just used the piano and drums instead of the vocal repeating ad nauseam.

kamspy

Yeah. The sample is way too busy during the verses. I can picture Kanye prancing around like a madman in a hotel room playing it though.

Also, the part where Jay says "I guess I got my swagger back" sounds off. Like it was spliced in or recorded really shitily.

EDIT: Yeezy actually goes really hard on this.

MickD

Read some post where this was the one everyone was going to jump for..

Not feeling it - Too much hype for this album.

Oozer3993

kamspy said:
Yeah. The sample is way too busy during the verses. I can picture Kanye prancing around like a madman in a hotel room playing it though.

Also, the part where Jay says "I guess I got my swagger back" sounds off. Like it was spliced in or recorded really shitily.

EDIT: Yeezy actually goes really hard on this.

That part is purposely cut in from a different song. It's the proof that he "invented swag."

YoungHav

Banned
This album should be called Watch The Throne (Doesn't Nas Look Comfortable In It?)

lol I am just waiting for the whole thing to drop so I can listen to it in total.

Kaizer

Banned
Kanye did his thing on this song, Jay was aight. Overall I like the song, beat is dope and I like the back-and-forth verses going on.

Ashhong

RBelong2Us said:
So when was the last time Kanye put out a really solid verse? His production has been awesome but man, he cant rap at all anymore.

Seriously man, what are you smoking? Did you not listen to MBDTF? He easily bests Jay in Otis as well.

Ashhong said:
Seriously man, what are you smoking? Did you not listen to MBDTF? He easily bests Jay in Otis as well.

lol, so just because his verse is a little less shitty than Jay's it counts for something? Really?

Nothing special about his verses on MBDTF.....lyrically, dude has been off for quite a while.

Beads

I'm intrigued by the song that apparently samples "I Can't Stop" by Flux Pavilion. If it's produced right(and with some of the production credits on this album there's no doubt it will be), could be insane.

Ashhong

RBelong2Us said:
lol, so just because his verse is a little less shitty than Jay's it counts for something? Really?

Nothing special about his verses on MBDTF.....lyrically, dude has been off for quite a while.

Well your post didn't even mention Jay in Otis so I assumed you thought his verse was better.

And Monster, Power (the remix is particular), even Dark Fantasy say differently. IMO at least.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Song is dope off one listen off my shitty cell phone speakers.

Off of one listen I can tell:

Ye got Jay on this track.

So its 1-1

Jay easily got him on 'The Joy'

I wasn't feeling this song on first listen, but I can't stop playing it. Beat is amazing. My favorite Ye beats are always when he samples some old school soul.

EDIT: I find myself turning down the sound when the screaming starts though. So damn annoying.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Represent. said:
Song is dope off one listen off my shitty cell phone speakers.

Off of one listen I can tell:

Ye got Jay on this track.

So its 1-1

Jay easily got him on 'The Joy'
And then Ye got Jay on HAM. Eli porter ftmfw.

2 - 1. Ye.

But 2 - 2 if we include That's my Bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom