• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

According to a reliable source, the three songs heard in the documentary are Lift Off, Illest Motherfucker Alive (that's the track being played for Russell Crowe) and Love You So.

P.S. The strings on Lift Off are RIDICULOUS. I need this song.

DominoKid

lol the vid already got nuked. Hit-Boy said on twitter that its a part of a larger documentary

its weird to see Beyonce basically be a background figure in a room but Jay and Kanye can do that.

YoungHav

Banned
Good to see these tight jean rappers grow some nuts and take shots at each other.

Kanye's next album needs a Nas verse. The god killed We Major.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WTT DOCUMENTARY? YES PLEASE.

And there better be a mirror up of that preview bit by the time I get home, I love Kanye beats that are heavy on the strings D:

Oozer3993 said:
I downloaded it before it got taken down. Link:

http://www.multiupload.com/BFK50FWLF1

You are....so based.

Thank you, sir.

This shit is starting to leak.

Someone has it.

Yeezy 2s sighting!

QW6vf.png

I'm not feeling Otis. I'm not even that excited for the project, in all honesty.

I guess it's because I'm at a point where I can't even spin a Kanye record. Hopefully it's a temporary period. I've actually been listening to Mama's Boyfriend a lot, though.

Is it me or does Kanye have a Rick Ross flow on Illest Motherfucker Alive?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
I'm not feeling Otis. I'm not even that excited for the project, in all honesty.

I guess it's because I'm at a point where I can't even spin a Kanye record. Hopefully it's a temporary period. I've actually been listening to Mama's Boyfriend a lot, though.

Downgrade from Nas Flow confirmed.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I can't wait for a Jay or Yeezy biopic in the future... it's gunna be some crazy shit.

qcf x2

spindashing said:

Because that's one of the few decent Kanye songs of the past few years and Otis is aight at best. I'm with you on the low expectations; both of these dudes are sounding tired on the mic. The hyperbole (or just hype) amongst the Kanye fans is incredible, though. Makes for good reading.

qcf x2 said:
Because that's one of the few decent Kanye songs of the past few years and Otis is aight at best. I'm with you on the low expectations; both of these dudes are sounding tired on the mic. The hyperbole (or just hype) amongst the Kanye fans is incredible, though. Makes for good reading.
Yeah. Hopefully the project blows my mind because I really haven't been taken aside by any tracks other than That's My Bitch.

I guess we'll see.

If I remember correctly, there's a Nina Simone sample somewhere in the album so I guess I'm still optimistic for that.

Oozer3993

MThanded said:
thought digital was getting august 1st release.

August 1st never got official confirmation, although some people attached to the album thought it was the date at one point.

spindashing said:
Yeah. Hopefully the project blows my mind because I really haven't been taken aside by any tracks other than That's My Bitch.

I guess we'll see.

If I remember correctly, there's a Nina Simone sample somewhere in the album so I guess I'm still optimistic for that.

New Day, produced by RZA, samples "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone.

wenis

This is currently up on the WatchTheThrone site:

This album will be released on August 2, 2011. Orders containing it will be shipped on or around July 29, 2011. Select Express Shipping for release date delivery.

10 Album Tracks
4 Bonus Songs

Pre-Orders are shut down and those that did looks like they'll get their albums in a week or so then the rest of the world waits till a week after for iTunes and all that (not sure if this affects store sales).

Oozer3993

wenis said:
This is currently up on the WatchTheThrone site:

Pre-Orders are shut down and those that did looks like they'll get their albums in a week or so then the rest of the world waits till a week after for iTunes and all that (not sure if this affects store sales).

That's been up on WatchTheThrone.com for awhile. I'm not sure if it's true anymore.

Oozer3993 said:
That's been up on WatchTheThrone.com for awhile. I'm not sure if it's true anymore.

This is fucking stupid.. I was about to preorder the deluxe version of watch the throne physical copy and now I cant.

they dont want my money? fuck it then. Im just not buying it.

kamspy

Fixed2BeBroken said:
This is fucking stupid.. I was about to preorder the deluxe version of watch the throne physical copy and now I cant.

they dont want my money? fuck it then. Im just not buying it.

But Jay Z is a starving artist.

iavi

"Illest Motherfucker Alive" sounds hot. as. fuck.

H.A.M grew on me. Otis grew on me. That's my Bitch is guaranteed to be some hot shit... My hype is coming back.

wenis

This was posted back on the 22nd and no one noticed (at least here)

@DefGab
THEE bitch
Watch the throne fans. There will be an announcement made on monday - as to when the album is coming out! Almost there!

Oozer3993

wenis said:
This was posted back on the 22nd and no one noticed (at least here)

I was hesitant because I'm not sure how much she actually knows. She's claimed it's coming before. From July 5th:

Guys - we will announce the date for the "watch the throne" release hopefully by the end of this week. COMING SOON!

But a Def Jam exec (Akon's brother to be specific) backed her up today:

bukonvict said:
RT:mad:rolaalv: @bukonvict Ssup Bu how are you? WTT release date announcement on Monday?" < Yep stay Tuned!!!

P.S. Fun fact, Otis is up for purchase on iTunes and it's a slightly different version than the one from LifeandTimes. It includes a new 808.

Tokubetsu

Just got this email:

exrO2.jpg

8/8 Release date? I pre-ordered the physical deluxe a week ago just fyi.

NVM all confirmed:
http://rapradar.com/2011/07/25/the-throne-announce-release-date-tour/#more-143682

August 8th Digital Release
August 12th Physical Release

Fall tour:
WATCH THE THRONE TOUR (Powered By VoyR)

9/22/11 Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills
9/24/11 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
9/25/11 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
9/27/11 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
9/28/11 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
9/29/11 Washington DC Verizon Center
10/4/11 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
10/6/11 Chicago, IL United Center