• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsky

I have a $20 Walmart gift card I wanted to use to get this so I stopped there before class. They didn't have it out, I was disappointed.

hubes

Drewsky said:
I have a $20 Walmart gift card I wanted to use to get this so I stopped there before class. They didn't have it out, I was disappointed.
walmart only sells the censored version don't they?

*sigh*

I should have checked out this thread before getting it off itunes. Bloody hell.

This is my first listen, didn't bother checking out the leaks. I love it so far.

Blame game is the sh!t.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Luscious LeftFoot said:
*sigh*

I should have checked out this thread before getting it off itunes. Bloody hell.

This is my first listen, didn't bother checking out the leaks. I love it so far.

Blame game is the sh!t.
Man are you late. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
the fuck happening in my thread????
:'( would've been mine if it hadn't gotten locked.

But seriously, wtf happened here.
Ken Masters said:
Bought the album this morning, heard the entire thing in my car......fucking ridiculous
I hear you've finally listened to the album.

Now we can ALL agree So Appalled is one of the hardest records to come out this entire year.
Uh, I am so OUTRAGEOUS
I wear my pride on my sleeve like a bracelet..

Luscious LeftFoot said:
*sigh*

Blame game is the sh!t.
No, you shouldn't have. The leaks would have tarted and clouded your image of the final album. Be happy you can go in with a clean slate like we can't. :lol

I want to go home and listen to the album. It probably came home. Shit. -_-

also buy the Taylor Swift albumalso double dip and get a digital version so I'll have two copies...

Drewsky

My friend loves Taylor Swift in an almost creepy way, he always says "she's an angel" and her CD hasn't left his player since it came out. He absolutely hates Kanye for obvious reasons.

This morning I texted him "just bought Kanye's new album, he's an angel."

Drewsky said:
My friend loves Taylor Swift in an almost creepy way, he always says "she's an angel" and her CD hasn't left his player since it came out. He absolutely hates Kanye for obvious reasons.

Win. :lol :lol :lol :lol

So is it confirmed 100% that See Me Now is the only bonus track?

Futureman

So, Amazon gives out a $3 MP3 coupon, the record is $4, and everyone is praising this to high heaven (Pitchfork 10.0...)...

I guess I should pick it up for a $1.

RJT

Tokubetsu said:
See Me Now doesn't fit with the album at all.
That's the only one I also heard, and I 100% agree. About about Mama's boyfriend and Chain Heavy with M.I.A.? Turned out to be fake or what?

mozfan12

Banned
I would say See Me Now is pretty bad song, maybe not terrible, but it feels like an outtake from college dropout.

After giving the new album a couple more listens I'm pretty sure its my album of the year, damn as much as I love Beach House's Teen Dream, this album just has so much ambition. In a weird way it reminds me of Refused's "the Shape of Punk to come" where so many genre's of music are colliding within the framework of hardcore, but in this case its hip hop.

andymcc

Banned
Drewsky said:

my 25 year-old cousin has a creepy obsession with her. she did all of that stupid "TEAM TAYLOR" shit on twitter and facebook last year. i don't listen to that shit, but i was under the pretense that her music is specifically aimed at a teenage demographic.

at any rate, a few weeks ago she was posted about the sales of the last t. swift record and how kanye sucks, etc. i asked her today if she's read reviews for the new kanye and she said, "i don't read reviews."

of course you don't. :lol

RJT

andymcc said:
my 25 year-old cousin has a creepy obsession with her. she did all of that stupid "TEAM TAYLOR" shit on twitter and facebook last year. i don't listen to that shit, but i was under the pretense that her music is specifically aimed at a teenage demographic.

at any rate, a few weeks ago she was posted about the sales of the last t. swift record and how kanye sucks, etc. i asked her today if she's read reviews for the new kanye and she said, "i don't read reviews."

Kanye:
Metascore said:
out of 100
Universal acclaim
based on 7 Critics

Taylor Swift:
Metascore said:
out of 100
Generally favorable reviews
based on 14 Critics

Not too bad for Taylor, but you can't beat 100 out of 100...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
andymcc said:

We need team kanye. I swear I don't see the apeal in t-swift at all. I heard one of her songs and it was all about being sixteen. WTF? All she did was sing about how hard it is to be a white sixteen year old. I get it you have problems. So does everybody else but it's not like I make a song about everytime I get a fucking paper cut.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
spindashing said:
Goodbye my friend, will I ever post again?
xouPA.gif

Oozer3993

Drewsky said:

:lol :lol

But on the real, she's an angel. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to head up to Target to buy MBDTF. :D

Ashhong said:
http://dai.ly/dwpmIK

Here's her performance. She looked damn good, until she stood up and sang to the crowd. Looked awkward as hell to me. And you put Justice in your avatar rotation?? Shame on you...

I am powerless before blonde, hooded Justice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Will pick it up after school from best buy. Or HMV. I pray they have enough deluxe versions in stock.

dat packaging.

big ander said:
Ugh. Fair warning to anyone downloading off of Amazon, the organization of the files they give you fucking sucks, at least if you're compulsive like me. Putting [EXPLICIT] after every song is nowhere close to necessary, Amazon. And you really don't need to retitle the album to "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy [Explicit] [+video] [+digital booklet]".
Agreed, I'm not a fan of how Amazon caralogs their music. But I do live their pricing! :D

I went through and removed all of their explicit tags from the track names and titles. Also had to insert the un-edited album artwork from the first page of the OT.

Loving the album, going to have this on constant rotation all week.

big ander

Reluctant-Hero said:
Agreed, I'm not a fan of how Amazon caralogs their music. But I do live their pricing! :D

I went through and removed all of their explicit tags from the track names and titles. Also had to insert the un-edited album artwork from the first page of the OT.

Loving the album, going to have this on constant rotation all week.
Yep, I did this, restored all of my GOOD Fridays tracks to their original covers, relabled my leaked Runaway version to what I titled "Runaway - Single" and gave it the uncensored sex cover, and put the decapitated Kanye cover on my MBDTF.
Phew. My organizational needs are satisfied.

Posting this from class, and before I walked in I was listening to the All of the Lights Prelude. Now it's just continually playing in my head, like I'm doing some long build up to the song. :lol

EDIT
re: above pic:
"Just shut the fuck up sometimes!" :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom