• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ReconYoda said:
And i just got done writing the 16. How are we doing the recording, is there any specific order?

I guess it helps that i had about 8 bars written for this song already lmao.

yeah, you can go ahead and add your lyrics here to wherever you want to come in at. It's basically a public word doc.

I figured we should get the whole song "filled out" first, and then we can basically pass around a recording (I can start it off), with each of us adding our verse. Though it may help for folks to also save their verses as acapellas as well, which may help us get a better quality recording in the end (instead of a yo dawg we recorded an mp3 in your mp3 to mp3 while you mp3).

Then again, maybe that'll make it sound more gritty and raw :lol

HiResDes

BTW, if someone wants Jay's part I'd be willing to switch...I didn't realize I had taken it, I think I'd rather be Pusha T anyway...Oh I already fixed that myself. :lol Forget it.

JaseMath

After listening to the whole album, I'd give it a 7/10. I don't think its anywhere near as good as some people are making it out to be.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
JasonMCG said:
After listening to the whole album, I'd give it a 7/10. I don't think its anywhere near as good as some people are making it out to be.
"suuuure"
FYfGM.gif

HiResDes

Should I sub these bars in there instead?

My post game more scary than Bobby Kotick
Why other dudes stay posting old shit
I got shit this on lock like the hot girls thread
My ego stay more inflated than Costanza’s head

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
HiResDes said:
Should I sub these bars in there instead?

My post game more scary than Bobby Kotick
Why other dudes stay posting old shit
I got shit this on lock like the hot girls thread
My ego stay more inflated than Costanza’s head
:lol :lol :lol
also any one know why costanza got banned?

Dark Fantasy: 5/5
Gorgeous: 5/5
Power: 4.5/5
AOTL Int: 5/5
AOTL: 5/5
Monster: 4.5/5
So Appalled: 4/5
DIAND: 4.5/5
Runaway: 4.5/5
Hell of a Life: 4.5/5
Blame Game: 5/5
LINW: 5/5
WWSIA: 4/5

Overall: 5/5

I'd say worth the hype and wait

genjiZERO

my 2 cents

It's OK but not the 10 Pitchfork gave it. Kanye West is only a decent rapper with mediocre flow. His production is very good - but nothing is spectacular here. It's a very good "commercial" album, but it's not a particularly good "art" album. It's a B+ pop album and a C- art album. Not bad, but I've heard a whole lot better and not just in the mythic past of hip hop either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
genjiZERO said:
my 2 cents

It's OK but not the 10 Pitchfork gave it. Kanye West is only a decent rapper with mediocre flow. His production is very good - but nothing is spectacular here. It's a very good "commercial" album, but it's not a particularly good "art" album. It's a B+ pop album and a C- art album. Not bad, but I've heard a whole lot better and not just in the mythic past of hip hop either.
Damn, some of the flows Kanye has on this album are insane, can't agree with this sorry.

Also Ken, you give So Appalled the lowest score on the album? C'mon son.

Recon

Banned
I guess im gonna be one of the only few not doing gaf specific verses, well, save 1 bar that mentions markman lol.

My name is on ya lips, like your girl is on my dick
You get no play, like most of markmans sticks

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Power: 5/5
AOTL Int: 4.5/5
Monster: 5/5
So Appalled: 4.5/5
DIAND: 4.75/5
Runaway: 4.25/5
Hell of a Life: 4.75/5
LINW: 4.75/5

soul creator said:
so if anyone's bored, feel free to listen to the instrumental, and then start filling in lyrics and labeling them with your name or something :lol

I suppose if this actually takes off we can pass around the mp3 and record verses later. I started things off though!

saved a separate copy privately in case someone goes nuts and starts deleting things

lol, that was fun. is this gonna be recorded too? :lol mine sounds even better with me spittin it.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Power: 5/5
AOTL Int: 4.5/5
Monster: 5/5
So Appalled: 4.5/5
DIAND: 4.75/5
Runaway: 4.25/5
Hell of a Life: 4.75/5
LINW: 4.75/5
Dude just use a 20 point scale. There's no difference between 4.25 and 4.5 and 4.75.

I give this album two out of two stars.

LCfiner

seXDO.png

this shit never happens when I rate albums (Rubber Soul being a sole exception). I dunno what it is about this album but it just doesn’t have a weak spot for me.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Just listened to this for the first time. I put the cd in my car, and good lord...this album is fucking amazing.

When All of the ligths kicked in i felt like my jaw fell off.

Drewsky

WrikaWrek said:
Just listened to this for the first time. I put the cd in my car, and good lord...this album is fucking amazing.

When All of the ligths kicked in i felt like my jaw fell off.
I really wish I would have stayed away from the leaks and the GOOD Friday tracks. I want this reaction.

genjiZERO

enzo_gt said:
Damn, some of the flows Kanye has on this album are insane, can't agree with this sorry.

Also Ken, you give So Appalled the lowest score on the album? C'mon son.

I suppose reasonable minds can disagree - I guess I just found his flow . . . regular . . .

I'm wondering though what you think of my criticism that it's a better radio album than an art album - not that the two must be exclusive.

genjiZERO said:
I suppose reasonable minds can disagree - I guess I just found his flow . . . regular . . .

I'm wondering though what you think of my criticism that it's a better radio album than an art album - not that the two must be exclusive.
What is an art album?

big ander

POWER: 5/5
All of the Lights Interlude: 5/5
All of the Lights: 5/5
Monster: 4/5
So Appalled: 5/5
Devil in a New Dress: 4.5/5
Runaway: 5/5
Hell of a Life: 4/5
Blame Game: 4.5/5
Lost in the World: 5/5
Who Will Survive in America: 3.5/5

About a 4.5/5 overall.

genjiZERO

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
What is an art album?

an album that has je ne sais quoi. For the sake of argument I'm assuming everyone knows what art is, that it has degrees, that something can be fine art, and that based upon je ne sais quoi art can be reasonably defined. At present, I can think of no precondition for what "is" art and what "isn't" art other than intent - if there is not intent then there is no art. Thus, an elephant who sloshes paint on a piece of paper is not creating art (because there is no intent) . . . Intent is also relative and measured by degree. But anyway I'm not trying to argue the definition of art. Also, I'm not trying to hate or be negative - I'm just wondering what people thought of my critique and if they disagree, why - so please don't take me the wrong way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drewsky said:
I really wish I would have stayed away from the leaks and the GOOD Friday tracks. I want this reaction.
Seriously, I can't even imagine my reaction without the leaks. Hell, I mightve even said something retarded like it being better than TCD or something. :lol

genjiZERO said:
an album that has je ne sais quoi. For the sake of argument I'm assuming everyone knows what art is, that it has degrees, that something can be fine art, and that based upon je ne sais quoi art can be reasonably defined. At present, I can think of no precondition for what "is" art and what "isn't" art other than intent - if there is not intent then there is no art. Thus, an elephant who sloshes paint on a piece of paper is not creating art (because there is no intent) . . . Intent is also relative and measured by degree. But anyway I'm not trying to argue the definition of art. Also, I'm not trying to hate or be negative - I'm just wondering what people thought of my critique and if they disagree, why - so please don't take me the wrong way.
The certain je ne sais quoi can be put into words every single time, it's just really hard to sometimes. When you put it into words, it's usually much more arguable though, that's why people get up in arms in this thread so often :lol

Brinbe

TheOddOne said:
Chiming in late but Guess Who's Back has always been unquestionably #1, shit is just so good... After that, I'd say Heart Of The City, Get By (and while I'm at it, can't sleep on Guerrilla Monsoon Rap), Flashing Lights, Home, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, We Major and Down & Out are close behind. From the latest album though, AOTL/LITW have definitely jumped to a high place, personally.

Anyway, great list to browse through, because it reminds you that he'd still be a legend just based on the shit he has produced for other people. Just incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom