• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
Oozer3993 said:
Kanye will be performing Lost in the World during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday and will be riding on the Big Apple float. I'm a little disappointed he won't be doing All of the Lights, but Lost in the World is a more than adequate replacement.

Here's a pic of the vinyl set, from Amazon:

w7tY3.png

P.S. I just popped in the Runaway DVD from my deluxe edition, and it's the clean version. But the album is the explicit. Is it supposed to be that way?
buying two. artwork covers getting framed.

RJT

I'm listening to old Kanye right now, and damn, College Dropout is sooooo good. Last Call is the perfect last song of a debut album.

And since we like rankings on this thread: Top 5 Kanye Beats
-Get by
-Jesus Walks
-All of the Lights
-Gone
-This Way

RickA238

Does anyone know where to find the CD with the alternate covers? I can only seem to find the Dancer one. Amazon is selling the CD for $9, but they only show the Dancer, and no option for an alternate. I really like the Crown/Sword/Field one, has anyone seen it in stores?

RickA238 said:
Does anyone know where to find the CD with the alternate covers? I can only seem to find the Dancer one. Amazon is selling the CD for $9, but they only show the Dancer, and no option for an alternate. I really like the Crown/Sword/Field one, has anyone seen it in stores?
The deluxe edition comes with 5 interchangeable covers (one of them being the crown/sword one)

I'm not really a Kanye fan and would barely consider myself a casual Hip-hip/Rap fan but I grabbed this off of Amazon for a dollar and it's been on repeat since then. So fucking good.

Top favorite tracks are Power, All of the Lights, and Monster

RJT said:
I love how Rae's verse has almost no explanations. That verse really wasn't necessary after three great verses from Kanye. It just reinforced why I never liked Raekwon, except for his CREAM verse. Yeah, I said it. Definitely the worst Wu member.
gtfo

Brinbe

Fuck, gonna be in NY tomorrow for the Thanksgiving parade (relatives from Alabama came up north for it) and they're staying @ the Stafford, which, if you're familiar with the area, is literally a minute away from Macy's... so right now I definitely gotta find a way to watch some Ye in person, especially since I he's gonna perform some All Of The Lights (don't remember that he's done that yet). Gah, so excited. :lol

Ashhong

Brinbe said:
Fuck, gonna be in NY tomorrow for the Thanksgiving parade (relatives from Alabama came up north for it) and they're staying @ the Stafford, which, if you're familiar with the area, is literally a minute away from Macy's... so right now I definitely gotta find a way to watch some Ye in person, especially since I he's gonna perform some All Of The Lights (don't remember that he's done that yet). Gah, so excited. :lol

He's actually doing Lost in the World

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ashhong said:
Is it just me or is Cudi still censored in All of the Lights when he says "gotta let these niggas knowwww" unless thats not what he says?

Edit: I updated the Power Interlude from the Runaway video. It's louder and cuts off at a different time. Do you guys think its good like this (goes straight into Power) or should I have the interlude fade instead? The end is a bit abrupt but I thought it went nicely into Power.

http://usershare.net/is4yn6eilfgm

NOT ILLEGAL. Taken from his free movie, kthx.

Dude did you ever make a "fade into" version of this cut? I need it like really bad.

Oozer3993

Tokubetsu said:
So the deluxe dvd with the movie is censored too?

Yep. Except they let the second n-word slip in All of the Lights. And it's poor quality and the audio echos, and it's not anamorphic, and my copy has Monster in place of Hell of a Life. I'm really disappointed by it :(

P.S. Kanye performed the entire album at a secret show in NYC last night, with appearances from Nicki Minaj, Teyana Taylor, Rick Ross, and Justin Vernon. Videos of almost every performance (including Lost in the World and All of the Lights) can be found here. He said during the performance that the album sold 100k the first day, and that was just in digital sales, and is expected to hit 600k for the week.

Def Jukie

RJT said:
I love how Rae's verse has almost no explanations. That verse really wasn't necessary after three great verses from Kanye. It just reinforced why I never liked Raekwon, except for his CREAM verse. Yeah, I said it. Definitely the worst Wu member.

You are entitled to your opinion but you better be at least be forgetting about U-God. If not, GTFO.

Swag

Oozer3993 said:
P.S. Kanye performed the entire album at a secret show in NYC last night, with appearances from Nicki Minaj, Teyana Taylor, Rick Ross, and Justin Vernon. Videos of almost every performance (including Lost in the World and All of the Lights)

Why does Kanye always insist on rapping along with Nicki Minaj when she does her verse of monster, did it at the Jay Z Yankee Stadium concert and doing it now. So annoying.

Teyana Taylor sounds like night and day compared to her album version, couldn't sit through the entire thing. Her singing attempts were so terrible.

First Negative review that I've seen

RJT

Def Jukie said:
You are entitled to your opinion but you better be at least be forgetting about U-God. If not, GTFO.
Yeah, U-God doesn't count. And I know Raekwon is talented, I just hate his voice...

I own Cuban Lynx (the first), and I don't like it that much. Most high points are the features (and the hook on Incarcerated Scarfaces... that hook is Shook-Ones-awesome)

Acid08

Banned
RJT said:
What in the fuck is this bullshit?

RJT

MickD said:
That's his best album and also been called one of the best hip hop albums of all time just fyi
WTF? Don't be that condescending. I just don't fucking like Rae's voice. 36 chambers is one of my three favourite albums ever, I love GZA, I love RZA's beats, I bought crappy Shaolin DVDs because of Wu, Ibought a book by RZA, I love almost everything about Wu. I don't fucking like Raekwon.

RJT

OK, so I'll bite. Name one Raekwon song I need to listen closely, and I'll load it on my iPod and listen to it for 30 straight minutes. Maybe I'm unfair and I'll recognize it.

Nabs

RJT said:
OK, so I'll bite. Name one Raekwon song I need to listen closely, and I'll load it on my iPod and listen to it for 30 straight minutes. Maybe I'm unfair and I'll recognize it.
Why not listen to his debut for 30 straight minutes?

RJT

brianjones said:
just put cuban lynx on repeat son

damn i mean it's only the best wu solo album
Come on, Liquid Swords is amazing. Almost 36 chambers amazing.

Oh, and can we please agree that his cameo on Gorgeous doesn't touch any of the Kanye's verses on that song?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
While I ain't gonna knock Rae on the whole, I still can't understand what the fuck he's talking about for most of his verse and how any of it relates to Kanye's topic. Still, great flow, and the drums under it really escalate the song.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I was really impressed by one thing in this picture of the "Power" video. My boy told me to check out the sword above Kanye's head and told me it comes from the Sword of Damocles story (circa. 300 BC).

screen-shot-2010-08-26-at-5-03-46-pm.png

Really appreaticed reading and finding out more about this story. Yeezy taught me. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SpeedingUptoStop said:
While I ain't gonna knock Rae on the whole, I still can't understand what the fuck he's talking about for most of his verse and how any of it relates to Kanye's topic. Still, great flow, and the drums under it really escalate the song.
I've grown to appreciate Rae more the more I listen to his tracks. But his flow on some songs is absolutely ATROCIOUS. And no, it's not because he uses a different rhyme scheme, it's because his flow is just bad.

GAF told me to listen to OB4CLII. That shit was horrible, made of mostly C-side tracks. On the flip side, Rae bodies some features when he gets his shit together. tl;dr, I've gone from hating Rae as a whole to appreciating he can do some cold, hard rhymes when he puts some effort into it.

This post should probably go in the unpopular music opinions thread now that I think about it.

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I've grown to appreciate Rae more the more I listen to his tracks. But his flow on some songs is absolutely ATROCIOUS. And no, it's not because he uses a different rhyme scheme, it's because his flow is just bad.

GAF told me to listen to OB4CLII. That shit was horrible, made of mostly C-side tracks. On the flip side, Rae bodies some features when he gets his shit together. tl;dr, I've gone from hating Rae as a whole to appreciating he can do some cold, hard rhymes when he puts some effort into it.

This post should probably go in the unpopular music opinions thread now that I think about it.
oh gawd enzooo what is this? Rae's always been my fav Wu member, but shit, OB4CLII is objectively great.. Did you listen to OB4CL1?

Sebulon3k said:
Why does Kanye always insist on rapping along with Nicki Minaj when she does her verse of monster, did it at the Jay Z Yankee Stadium concert and doing it now. So annoying.

More concerning is that Minaj's verse is playing underneath her performance. What a lazy-ass bullshit performance. What, did he not even play the INSTRUMENTAL version behind her?

:lol :lol :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
-1 to Enzo_gt
I'm going to assume OB4CL1 is better. And no I haven't listened to the original purple tape.

Kanye's 10 min Speech + Parts of Live Performance of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
100,000 first day, digital alone. Slated to do 600,000 first week.

"If I wasn't drunk, I WOULD HAVE BEEN ON STAGE LONGER!"

Damn, Ye snapped. Yes he covers everything he did in every interview so far, but he did it this time pissed.

DAMN I want to hear the rest of that All of the Lights performance. SOOO GOOOD.

Acid08

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I'm going to assume OB4CL1 is better. And no I haven't listened to the original purple tape.

Kanye's 10 min Speech + Parts of Live Performance of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Damn, Ye snapped. Yes he covers everything he did in every interview so far, but he did it this time pissed.

That was awesome. I really want to see the rest of that performance.

Ashhong

mckmas8808 said:
Dude did you ever make a "fade into" version of this cut? I need it like really bad.

Didn't know anybody wanted it. I was waiting for the album to come out as I was hoping the DVD would be higher quality, but I've heard its even worse than the HD one on his site. I'll rerip it and try to make it fade out like the All of the Lights Interlude in a day or 2.

And OOZER, the Runaway DVD has both Monster and Hell of a Life on it. I forgot which is which, but it depends on how you press PLAY. It changes depending on if you choose nonstop or whatever, or single play.

Anarchistry

enzo_gt said:

My respect for Ye has grown so much. He's so passionate about what he does.

Bishman

$0.99 for the album on amazon!

I am still going to buy the physical copy. Where can I buy the album with all the covers and amazing artwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom