• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

h0pper said:
he replaced his bottom row of teeth with diamonds? I do enjoy his music but this dude has lost it.

the imagery in all of his videos is extremely weird also. With all the conspiracy theorists chasing him around, I wonder if he's doing it to fuel the fire or if they're actually right about him.

Needs more booty popping women?

Also aren't all of Kanye's bottom teeth pre Diamonds fake because of the Lexus accident? He had a choice between veneers or diamonds.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
h0pper said:
he replaced his bottom row of teeth with diamonds? I do enjoy his music but this dude has lost it.

the imagery in all of his videos is extremely weird also. With all the conspiracy theorists chasing him around, I wonder if he's doing it to fuel the fire or if they're actually right about him.

that said, I do really like his new singles :lol
Why does this sound a lot like when Ye did graduation and people thought he had officially checked himself into a mental institution? Or when 808s came out?

I never thought Ye lost it. I knew when he "left" he'd be cooking. As far as consistency goes, I expected Ye to come back and come back hard. Swiftgate is over with, Ye said he made amends, and people are believing him. Why? Not because he's being sincere about it, dude's still honest as fuck, he knows it was wrong, but he's not going to suppress who he is or his voice because of chickenshit media pressure and amplification of the incident. TS had been nominated for literally 50 other awards before that, GTFOH.

Kudos to Ye for being in the music industry in 2010 and still having a pair.

Rant is not directed at you, bro!
:lol

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Sebulon3k said:
Needs more booty popping women?

Also aren't all of Kanye's bottom teeth pre Diamonds fake because of the Lexus accident? He had a choice between veneers or diamonds.

I'm not asking for more typical rap video bull shit. But things that are in his videos are pretty weird considering only about 5 years ago he made a song called Jesus Walks.

edit: Like I said, I enjoy his music. I just would enjoy some commentary from him on his latest videos. I am interested to see why he chooses to use the imagery he does. Specifically the Power video.

yencid

h0pper said:

that said, I do really like his new singles :lol
dude was losing his teeth from the car crash. Said fuck it got diamonds

Ashhong

h0pper said:
I'm not asking for more typical rap video bull shit. But things that are in his videos are pretty weird considering only about 5 years ago he made a song called Jesus Walks.

edit: Like I said, I enjoy his music. I just would enjoy some commentary from him on his latest videos. I am interested to see why he chooses to use the imagery he does. Specifically the Power video.

Kanye has always been very artistic. He likes a lot of weird things I will agree with you, and I dont usually "get" his videos. But I can appreciate them as his vision. He just likes things like that. There are many interviews where he speaks very openly about his imagery. The main thing I remember is that he said not to analyze his stuff. Most of his stuff he chooses just because "it looks cool".

For example he said theres a scene with black people wearing white suits, serving white people in black suits or something. He said its not supposed to have meaning..it just looks cool :lol I'm sure people are going to analyze the shit out of Runaway though.

PS. I really liked Minaj's intro to Runaway..sounds corny but I thought it fit nicely

Dartastic

Ashhong said:
only an hour and a half left!

wait, its on at 8pm est...it better be on 5pm PST also or i will be pissed.
Is it supposed to be live? I'm planning on just downloading it, because I don't have cable. I'm assuming it'll be online real quickly after it's shown.....

Swag

Ashhong said:
only an hour and a half left!

wait, its on at 8pm est...it better be on 5pm PST also or i will be pissed.

Don't worry I'll be here giving you play by plays if it isn't :lol

kanye_west_anim.gif

It's coming.

Oozer3993

Dartastic said:
Is it supposed to be live? I'm planning on just downloading it, because I don't have cable. I'm assuming it'll be online real quickly after it's shown.....

It's supposed to be up on VEVO right at 8 PM, and I think it's being streamed on MTV.com too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Kanye has always been very artistic. He likes a lot of weird things I will agree with you, and I dont usually "get" his videos. But I can appreciate them as his vision. He just likes things like that. There are many interviews where he speaks very openly about his imagery. The main thing I remember is that he said not to analyze his stuff. Most of his stuff he chooses just because "it looks cool".

For example he said theres a scene with black people wearing white suits, serving white people in black suits or something. He said its not supposed to have meaning..it just looks cool :lol I'm sure people are going to analyze the shit out of Runaway though.

PS. I really liked Minaj's intro to Runaway..sounds corny but I thought it fit nicely
Ye's obsession with artform and expression in general is something I respect. My favourite Ye videos:
Through the Wire - Fuck man, I get nostalgic listening to this song and watching the video. Its so goddamn.. real.
Diamonds from Sierra Leone - Clear imagery here, and a classic beat. Song + Video + Gullwing Merc = sign of greatness.
Welcome To Heartbreak - I couldn't believe this video was even put out with the artifacting, honestly. Best song off 808s too.
Honorable mentions:
Stronger for the Daft Punk and general vibe, Workout Plan for Fonzworth and the comedy, Can't Tell Me Nothing cause it grew on me, and this Jesus Walks.

I can't take that intro seriously. It's like Vanille from FFXIII was doing the intro to Advent Children right infront of me.

Dartastic

Oozer3993 said:
It's supposed to be up on VEVO right at 8 PM, and I think it's being streamed on MTV.com too.
I uh, wanna bring it to the downstairs TV and bump it. HARD. :lol

...plus I'm going to be at work until at least 6 PST. =(

EDIT - OH WAIT I CAN WATCH IT HERE IN THE BOX OFFICE OH GOD YESSSSSSS BUT THIS COMPUTER IS AWFUL AND SLOW AND IT MIGHT NOT STREAM WELL NOOOOOOOOOO

Ashhong

Oozer3993 said:

Hm, i was under the impression that it would be streaming after it airs on tv. i want it ASAP! :lol

enzo_gt said:
Ye's obsession with artform and expression in general is something I respect.

I can't take that intro seriously. It's like Vanille from FFXIII was doing the intro to Advent Children right infront of me.

Definitely. His passion is pretty much unmatched by any other artist I can think of.

I've never played FFXIII so its ok for me :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GET EXCITED TO HEAR A CUT OF ALL OF THE LIGHTS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE 3RD TO 32ND VERSION!

With the Drake and leaked versions being the first two we know of and the feature packed one being the most recent.

enzo_gt said:

That's what I'm talking about. :lol :lol :lol I was half expecting some bullshit about a "13th Hour" or some shit. :lol

Not to mention one of the main characters is a Phoenix, which was a summon in Final Fantasy...

my body is ready, kanye.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
That's what I'm talking about. :lol :lol :lol I was half expecting some bullshit about a "13th Hour" or some shit. :lol

Not to mention one of the main characters is a Phoenix, which was a summon in Final Fantasy...

my body is ready, kanye.
8E4IU.gif

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
GET EXCITED TO HEAR A CUT OF ALL OF THE LIGHTS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE 3RD TO 32ND VERSION!

With the Drake and leaked versions being the first two we know of and the feature packed one being the most recent.

Arent the songs in the movie supposed to be the album versions? This movie is essentially one big music video for the album isnt it? Would be the most recent version then, unless he decided to submit an older version

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Arent the songs in the movie supposed to be the album versions? This movie is essentially one big music video for the album isnt it? Would be the most recent version then, unless he decided to submit an older version
The movie premiered before he tweeting he was on the 33rd mix of All of the Lights, though I presume most of the features and stuff would be in, and he was just tweaking and cleaning things up. A lot of people are complaining about rough mixes in the recent G.O.O.D. Saturday tracks, and I'm guessing that is because Ye spent most of the time cleaning up his album cuts. Well, I hope that's the reason anyways.

So stoked for this. Gonna go play some Reach beforehand to amp me up. :lol

yencid

enzo_gt said:
The movie premiered before he tweeting he was on the 33rd mix of All of the Lights, though I presume most of the features and stuff would be in, and he was just tweaking and cleaning things up. A lot of people are complaining about rough mixes in the recent G.O.O.D. Saturday tracks, and I'm guessing that is because Ye spent most of the time cleaning up his album cuts. Well, I hope that's the reason anyways.

fry%20i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there.jpg

Equus Bellator Apex said:
One of you motherfuckers should make a seperate thread.

i think spindashing called it

yencid

Ashhong said:
then where is it :O

and i dont see what he did there..

enzo_gt said:

Swag

So then we heard

Dark Fantasy
Gorgeous
Power ( Changed the intro quite a bit )
All of the Lights ( Rihanna / Fergie ?? )
Devil in a New Dress ( A few lines changed but for the most part the same )
Runaway ( Longer with no Sampling / Autotuned outro )
Hell of a Life (Sounds like the Leaked Version)
Blame Game ( Only Heard John Legend singing no raps )
Lost in the World ( Still Fucken Amazing )

Ashhong

wenis said:
So no one is going to help me out with finding this leak?

You talking about Dark Fantasy? My links are dead but its the exact same as what was in the Runaway video (the first song)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just kept seeing "full album leak" here and on other forums, but no one is delivering a link to anything.

Ashhong

wenis said:
I just kept seeing "full album leak" here and on other forums, but no one is delivering a link to anything.

I think you're misunderstanding the situation. The leaked album tracklisting is full of songs that he released on www.kanyewest.com and the few other songs have actually been leaked. So while the full album hasnt been leaked, most songs on the rumored tracklisting has.

Swag

Is Cyhi a new rapper on the scene or something? He looks a lot like Mims but I haven't heard of him before the G.O.O.D songs.

Swag

Fast Cars, shooting stars, All of the Lights All of the Lights

I'm hoping the final version of Lost in the World has a much shorter intro. 2:33 seconds compared to 0:55 from the leaked version. Takes a while to get in gear, although I'm sure that's just cause the scene in Runaway was long

Swag

Ashhong said:
Rihannas voice sounds great against the horns

Indeed, did Kanye change the lyrics in the chorus of AOTL?

Rock lights Stripper Lights All of the Lights

became

Rock Life, Every Night All of the Lights

Actually that entire second line of the chorus is changed

Ashhong

Original
Cop lights, flashlights, spot lights, strobe lights, street lights
fast life, drug life, thug life, rock life, stripper life

New
Fast life, drug life, thug life, rock life, every night

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Original

New
I like.

Seriously at this point I'm so overjoyed that I'm scared it'll get fucked up. Please Kanye, don't fuck up this one song, you already have a potentially classic album on your hands, even despite half of the songs being out there. I am convinced final versions will be retooled just for the sake of them being "better" than the leaked/GOOD Friday versions in Kanye's head.

Swag

Ashhong said:
Original

New

I have a bad ear apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom