• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

spindashing said:
...This is bizarro land. :lol

Rick Ross said:
Bitch I’m a monster, no good blood sucker
Fat muthafucker now look who’s in trouble
As you run through my jungle all you hear is rumbles
Kanye West samples, here’s one for example

Not bad, but not amazing either. He does a good job of setting up Kanye's verse by rapping something interesting / quirky fitting the theme of the song. It flows really well going from Bon Iver ( Or is that Kanye / Bon Iver at the same time ) -> Ross -> Kanye.

Nabs

Ashhong said:
I thought even Lupe himself said that his album sold poorly, and blamed it on the fact that it leaked? Was that Food & Liquor then? My bad, might have them confused. Also I think Lupe said that F&F was gone.

Oh well, back to Kanye. Spindashing, if the album leaks, I don't see why you wouldnt just listen to before buying. Do you want it in the best quality possible or something?
Food and Liquor leaked mooooooonnnnnnnthssss early (ended up getting reworked), you might be thinking of that. The Cool sold around 700k+. That single was actually pretty big for Lupe. Spawned the remix with TI and Jeezy.

Sebulon3k said:
Not bad, but not amazing either. He does a good job of setting up Kanye's verse by rapping something interesting / quirky fitting the theme of the song. It flows really well going from Bon Iver ( Or is that Kanye / Bon Iver at the same time ) -> Ross -> Kanye.
I agree with you that he does provide an "okay" means of the switch to Kanye, but that's all he does in this track me. Thankfully it's just a short contribution that I do not have to skip over. I couldn't even tell what he said the first few times listening to the song -- all I could gather is that he called himself a fat motherfucker and "look who's in trouble." I'm probably being a whiny bitch since I just now realized how small his verse was. :lol Jay-Z was the high point of that song for me ... and he merked So Appalled too, and I'm not even that big of a Jigga fan..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
I agree with you that he does provide an "okay" means of the switch to Kanye, but that's all he does in this track me. Thankfully it's just a short contribution that I do not have to skip over. I couldn't even tell what he said the first few times listening to the song -- all I could gather is that he called himself a fat motherfucker and "look who's in trouble." I'm probably being a whiny bitch since I just now realized how small his verse was. :lol Jay-Z was the high point of that song for me ... and he merked So Appalled too, and I'm not even that big of a Jigga fan..
C'mon man, I even hate on Ross, but I give him props where it's due. :lol

Back to Kanye experimenting with song format, its just a set up for Ye's verse and I thought those 4 lines still hit hard with the beat and it just fits in so perfectly. Now I would be mad if the lines were completely shit or it went on too long.

Ashhong

Nabs said:
Food and Liquor leaked mooooooonnnnnnnthssss early (ended up getting reworked), you might be thinking of that. The Cool sold around 700k+. That single was actually pretty big for Lupe. Spawned the remix with TI and Jeezy.

Oh..yea I guess I was thinking of F&L, my baddd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
You have a good point. :lol Hopefully his contribution to Devil in a New Dress is tolerable.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, hope there's no contribution from him to Devil in a New Dress at all :lol

Sebulon3k said:

I really like the Ross verse, sets up the song nicely, oh and Kudi for once isn't shit on GOOD Friday track

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:

Do not do this to me. :lol :lol :lol
Too late, look what Amazon is showing now:
Chain Heavy ft. Will Smith, Rah Digga, Fergie, Swizz Beatz, Benzino, Tay Zonday & Soulja Boy (Prod. by Mr. Eli Porter) (Goku Remix)

Bowser

enzo_gt said:
Chain Heavy ft. Will Smith, Rah Digga, Fergie, Swizz Beatz, Benzino, Tay Zonday & Soulja Boy (Prod. by Mr. Eli Porter) (Goku Remix)
:lol :lol

Swag

enzo_gt said:

Jesus for a second I thought you were serious here :lol

14 See Me Now f Beyonce & Charlie Wilson [Bonus]
15 Chain Heavy f M.I.A [Exclusive iTunes]
16 Momma’s Boyfriend [Exclusive iTunes]
17 Power (rmx) f. Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz [Exclusive iTunes]
18 Pure f. Mr Hudson [Exclusive iTunes]

not sure if this is true, but if it is then Kanye is fucking over anyone who buys his physical CD

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
DiaND is too long already, jeez.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
But it's the same loop over and over and overrrrrrr

snGJF.gif

DominoKid

Ken Masters said:
14 See Me Now f Beyonce & Charlie Wilson [Bonus]
15 Chain Heavy f M.I.A [Exclusive iTunes]
16 Momma’s Boyfriend [Exclusive iTunes]
17 Power (rmx) f. Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz [Exclusive iTunes]
18 Pure f. Mr Hudson [Exclusive iTunes]

not sure if this is true, but if it is then Kanye is fucking over anyone who buys his physical CD

yeah because these songs wont be available for download about an hour after they drop on itunes

Ashhong

Dartastic said:
Oh, more GOOD Friday songs.

Those iTunes bonus tracks? The Power remix is understandable, and See Me Now was never a GOOD Friday track, that was released by Ye on the radios some random day. But I'm already supporting him by buying the deluxe album...I'm not buying each individual iTunes track too.

DominoKid said:
yeah because these songs wont be available for download about an hour after they drop on itunes

There are alot of people that dont believe in pirating that will buy his album, only to find out its missing like 5 tracks. Kinda sucky imo, I hate exclusive tracks.

DominoKid said:

so it's cool that if I BUY the album and listen to the actual CD I'm going to be missing out on 4 tracks? yeah, okay buddy

Ken Masters said:
so it's cool that if I BUY the album and listen to the actual CD I'm going to be missing out on 4 tracks? yeah, okay buddy

That's kinda the point. Labels make more money off digital downloads by cutting manufacturing out of the picture.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I enjoy having the physical copy, so I'll guess I'll go for that, then download the rest of the tracks. Hell, half of them are already out there :lol

enzo_gt said:

I almost had a heart-attack.

And iTunes exclusive shit? What the hell, man...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:

I almost had a heart-attack.

And iTunes exclusive shit? What the hell, man...
:lol

iTunes exclusives are pretty much de facto standard now for album releases. I fully expected it, but it won't stop me from getting those songs.

I do hope some of the album covers don't follow that red and gold style of the first 2 released. Seriously, its not aesthetically pleasing at all and looks like its poisoned by its own attempt to be classy.

Give me Dropout Bear. kthxbye.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Masters said:
According to Amazon.com, Rick Rawse added to "Devil In A Red Dress", let's see how this turns out
Oh please no, I thought that was just a terrible rumour. Goddamnit, Ross' flow doesn't seem like it'd go nice with that beat at all.

enzo_gt said:
Oh please no, I thought that was just a terrible rumour. Goddamnit, Ross' flow doesn't seem like it'd go nice with that beat at all.

Ross can flow well on some soulful beats (See: Tears of Joy), I don't think Kanye would put a wack verse on an already great track

edit: and Pusha T is OFF "blame game" according to amazon

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Masters said:
Ross can flow well on some soulful beats (See: Tears of Joy), I don't think Kanye would put a wack verse on an already great track

edit: and Pusha T is OFF "blame game" according to amazon
Now that you mention it, the pauses between lines in Tears of Joy are very similar to that of Devil In A New Dress. I just feel like it's best left untouched, unless Ross strictly adheres to the theme in the song. I just want the features to not make the album thematically unsound, and so far it seems like its working.

And I could care less for Pusha on Blame Game. John Legend's voice <3

EDIT: Updated OP slightly, mostly with tentative track list.

Man five covers and not a single good one yet. Oh well, the music is all that matters anyways I guess.

Also this needs to leak. Like right this very moment. The 22nd is so far away :(

yencid said:
if they are sticking to the red and golden square thing Im sticking to the olive oyl picture fuck that shit
:lol!!! I'll probably print it out and use it for my copy, but I will say, out of all the covers so far, I like the creepy Kanyesus one.

FilthyLies said:
Man five covers and not a single good one yet. Oh well, the music is all that matters anyways I guess.

Also this needs to leak. Like right this very moment. The 22nd is so far away :(
Jokes on us and the final version is actually the Bear.

Epcott

Love the beat to "Hell of a Life"... I just hope the lyrics and chorus are severely fixed before the drop... sounds like shambles!

Edit: Heard a cleaned up version on the Runaway film, better than the cut I heard previously. What the hell is up with that film? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom