• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bowser said:
Kanye definitely overproduced on 808s. Welcome to Heartbreak and Robocop anyone? The early versions of those were awesome.
Link to original Welcome to Heartbreak? One of my favourite Ye songs. And yeah it seems like overproduced is hella subjective, since I'm disagreeing with this heavily as well :lol

peterb0y said:
I love Maybach Music 2 and 3.... they fit in with Rick Ross' whole vibe
Excessiveness? 2 actually sounded good, 3 apart from Jada's verse was a disappointment to me, especially after the greatness that was MM2.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I really wanna see a Ye/Travis Barker single at some point. Every time I hear the drums on Power that's all I can see is Travis ripping it up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bowser said:
Yeah, I'm struggling to find comprehensible reasons why this is better. Perhaps its just hearing one version first immediately puts it in superiority to other versions, but that simplistic beat doesn't hold a torch to the orchestration that makes the final one of my favourite songs. I'm pretty adamant that new Lost In The World drum loop is horrid though.

I still wouldn't classify them as overproduced, but RoboCop and Paranoid are a bit too ornamental for my tastes. And Love Lockdown, I despise that song, SMH at Kanye putting that retarded clapping in the background for the chorus. Annoys the hell out of me :lol

Bowser

Sebulon3k said:
In what world is this better then the final version :lol

I liked the simplistic-ness of it.

YOU SHUT UP!

If you pull up the 808s thread I swear the majority of people liked that version better than the final.

Swag

Bowser said:
I liked the simplistic-ness of it.

YOU SHUT UP!

If you pull up the 808s thread I swear the majority of people liked that version better than the final.

First 2 pages of reading "This Shit Sucks" comments :lol

Bowser said:

This is one where I will agree the Original is better. Original is WAAAAY better than the final.

This one felt more in tone with the rest of the album.

The final sounded corny because of the piano instead of the string/synth, less spacey or airy (hard to explain what im saying) and just more lame overall.

I have no idea why kanye changed the final version, but it pissed me off. I will forever use this version of the track when playing the album in my car instead of the final.

And Also, Yes, in the 808s thread, Everyone loved this version over the final and all of us were like WTF? when we heard the final. Confused as hell.

MMaRsu said:
Like so?

Home

Homecoming

Aside from the fact that the first track was recorded way back when, and obviously some parts are better I still like the first version better.

I disagree with this though. Both songs are dope in thier own respect to me. the original home will always hold a special place in my heart cause I had a similar situation at the time and i bumped it forever before he even released graduation.

But homecoming is dope as hell. Classic ye piano samples reminiscent of "get by"

hubes

cyhi wasn't supposed to be on so appalled, i'm glad he did what he did, though. his verse is nice.

“I wasn’t supposed to be on ‘So Appalled,’ the G.O.O.D. Music signee tells Rap-Up.com. “People don’t know that. I kinda cheated. [Kanye] said, ‘Can you think of something to write on the hook?’ I peeped he was kinda sleepy at the time. So he went to sleep, went to the room or something. I stayed in the studio and I said I’m not gonna just do no hook. I’m gonna do my verse.”

While West was fast asleep, CyHi grabbed the mic and went to work in the booth. “I did a verse and didn’t tell him the verse was on there and I hid it,” the Decatur, Georgia native reveals. “He was playing the album for some very important musicians and he played the song. He don’t know my verse is gonna come on and everybody in the room goes bananas. He said, ‘I gotta keep it.’”

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/10/20/cyhi-the-prynce-cheated-to-score-so-appalled-verse/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, this is all such an odd alternate reality for me where people don't like Welcome to Heartbreak's album version :lol

I read about the CyHi thing and it's pretty odd how that worked out. The mass amount of promotion CyHi has received from G.O.O.D. Fridays is astounding, but I think it won't funnel into his (and Sean's) CD releases when they happen sometime late next year (realistically they won't be anywhere near Watch the Throne).

Kinda feel bad for Pusha, Big Sean and CyHi. Any time they're mentioned or show up in interviews (except Pusha) they're reluctant to even talk about their own stuff, and just say how good MBDTF is gonna be. They're not gonna be buzzing as much come a year or so.

I'd also like to go ahead and reiterate my love for So Appalled. Seriously, that song goes hard, every single verse is on point, goddamn.

Oozer3993

Fixed2BeBroken said:
This is one where I will agree the Original is better. Original is WAAAAY better than the final.

This one felt more in tone with the rest of the album.

The final sounded corny because of the piano instead of the string/synth, less spacey or airy (hard to explain what im saying) and just more lame overall.

I have no idea why kanye changed the final version, but it pissed me off. I will forever use this version of the track when playing the album in my car instead of the final.

And Also, Yes, in the 808s thread, Everyone loved this version over the final and all of us were like WTF? when we heard the final. Confused as hell.

There was much sadness in that thread when the news broke.

Original >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Final

He took the epic out of the song by removing the synths.

Ashhong

Street Lights and Robocop changes were much more important to me. I still love the final versions but damn, wish he kept the old ones.

HOWEVER, none of us would have this problem if we didn't download leaks :lol

Bowser

Oozer3993 said:
There was much sadness in that thread when the news broke.

Original >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Final

He took the epic out of the song by removing the synths.

Thank god, I knew I wasn't the only one who MUCH preferred the Advance leak.

Ashhong said:
Street Lights and Robocop changes were much more important to me. I still love the final versions but damn, wish he kept the old ones.

Problem? I don't view it as a problem, those versions of WtHB, RoboCop and Street Lights ARE the album versions as far as I'm concerned :lol

I still get pissed at how corny the Piano sounds and the sped up drums. Totally took away the epic, haunting feel of the track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:

GAF in 2012:
"Haha remember that Dark Fantasy thread? Everyone thought it was amazing for the first 20 pages :lol Leaks >>> that POS album. Anyways, here's the link to the latest leak from the Kanye/Fergie album. FIREEEE."

Bowser said:
Problem? I don't view it as a problem, those versions of WtHB, RoboCop and Street Lights ARE the album versions as far as I'm concerned :lol

I still get pissed at how corny the Piano sounds and the sped up drums. Totally took away the epic, haunting feel of the track.
Heh, Us Placers is permanently a part of Graduation for me. But really this is weird as shit hearing you guys all say this. Welcome to Heartbreak is in my top 5 played songs ever.

Bowser

enzo_gt said:
GAF in 2012:
"Haha remember that Dark Fantasy thread? Everyone thought it was amazing for the first 20 pages :lol Leaks >>> that POS album. Anyways, here's the link to the latest leak from the Kanye/Fergie album. FIREEEE."

I fear this may be true for a few songs :lol It's definitely true with AotL and if he fucks up the drums in LitW with those snippet versions then it will be true there as well.

edit: Icebeezy, did you even read this thread? It's on this page :lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Bowser said:
I fear this may be true for a few songs :lol It's definitely true with AotL and if he fucks up the drums in LitW with those snippet versions then it will be true there as well.

edit: Icebeezy, did you even read this thread? It's on this page :lol

No, I posted lazy. I'll edit. :lol

anyways, for G.O.O.D fridays, i want a eminem track, and I want a nas track. Or all 3 on the same track. I know he had an idea for a song called "futuristic Gs" with nas. But nas is just so iffy when it comes to this kinda shit. like how rae couldnt get nas on cuban links 2 album even tho nas said he would.

Oh yea, i want a track with jada on it too.

<edit> oh yea, more than any of those, I want a ghostface , ye, pusha , and jay track. And I want ye to bring out the old ghostface. the cuban links/ironman ghostface out.

Dartastic

Fixed2BeBroken said:
anyways, for G.O.O.D fridays, i want a eminem track, and I want a nas track. Or all 3 on the same track. I know he had an idea for a song called "futuristic Gs" with nas. But nas is just so iffy when it comes to this kinda shit. like how rae couldnt get nas on cuban links 2 album even tho nas said he would.

<edit> oh yea, more than any of those, I want a ghostface , ye, pusha , and jay track. And I want ye to bring out the old ghostface. the cuban links/ironman ghostface out.
You forgot Lil Wayne.

meh.....i've heard wayne and ye on tracks together enough. not that I wouldn't mind him and wayne on a new track for GOOD fridays, but i'd rather have the prior much more as they are much more uncommon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fixed2BeBroken said:

I'd think any Nas tracks would be saved for Watch The Throne.

Lolipop remix was good, but I'll pass on Wayne features unless he's got his Carter II shit going on. His 2010 vibe seems a bit too, pop-y(?) to me.

Kanye talks Dropout Bear, whooooooooooole bunch of stuff. Watching the last two now, good stuff so far.

EDIT: He talks about:
- haters, how TCD through Graduation shaped music as a whole, still got shitty ratings
- "With Taylor, this 12 year ol-.... 18 year old girl.."
- Compares him to Emmet Till
- "Say I'm getting sued by a gangster or something. What are you gonna do? Go to my momma's house? I have no mama."
- "I'm really past the concept of ego"
- Album subject matter in general, masculinity, etc.
- "I don't have anything against the Dixie Chicks, it was just WRONG tho" :lol

MMaRsu

Fixed2BeBroken said:

Eminem? Fuck that. All dude can do these days is scream his fucking ass off.

Nas would be good though :).

Wow. Even KANYE is talking about good things about Janelle Monae. She has the potential to go far.

And fuck, the Dropout bear is still up in the air. He sounds like he's done with it, but I get where Kanye is coming from. He wants to move on to different things ... but the fans love that bear.

Of course this radio player wants to play Gold Digger. Of fucking course... :lol

hubes

spindashing said:
Wow. Even KANYE is talking about good things about Janelle Monae. She has the potential to go far.
didn't Kanye also say he liked Swizz' verse on Lord Lord Lord? Not taking anything away from Janelle, but I don't think it takes much to get a co-sign from Kanye

hubes said:
didn't Kanye also say he liked Swizz' verse on Lord Lord Lord? Not taking anything away from Janelle, but I don't think it takes much to get a co-sign from Kanye

Good point. He also praised Nicki Minaj as being the hottest thing on the market at the moment on Hot 97.

I guess I got too excited for him actually name dropping Janelle Monae. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rule of thumb: Kanye don't give a fuck what you think, he'll say anything :lol He already co-signed Bieber like 8 times.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
spindashing said:
Good point. He also praised Nicki Minaj as being the hottest thing on the market at the moment on Hot 97.

I guess I got too excited for him actually name dropping Janelle Monae. :lol

That Tightrope remix is my shit. I listen to it nearly every single day.

Ashhong

For someone so into fashion, he sure does wear the same outfit a lot :lol

Expendable. said:
someone on a certain forum who has leaked certain other previous big albums says he has this album.

You can say the forum...is it kanyetothe?

Ferny

Damn Cole kills it on the new GOOD friday track man. Still feel Dior is the best track out yet but 'Looking for Trouble' is right there with it.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
Oh shit quick, change the picture to a pic of Kanye's penis, GO GO GO.

LOL I don't think you can do that with tinypic though.

Pimpwerx said:
Is this album out yet? Also what happened to the original title, Good Ass Job? PEACE.

Nov 22. It was never an official title, but he chose this to go with a darker theme. He seems reluctant to go back to the Dropout Bear theme

Ashhong

Sebulon3k said:
:lol

GAF reader?

Edit: really curious to see who this is on GAF :lol

Does Tinypic have a gallery or something where you can see recently uploaded images?

If you upload another pic from the same IP or something it shows what you have recently uploaded. You can also make an account and have a gallery and whatnot

Kusagari said:
Didn't that kanyetothe guy leak MotM2 too? Looks like it'll be leaking this week.
...Damn. Well, it was nice knowing you, KanyeGAF. Preparing my putting this thread on ignore... Goin' on dat blackout 'till release. :D

Ashhong

Matteo
Yo guys, I'm out of town right now, unable to release anything right now but I think it may just be a few songs, I don't think I'm gonna do kanye like that nd leak his whole shit.
:lol what a bitch. Probably has nothing...gonna upload the GOOD Friday tracks

edit: that red looks so awesome

tumblr_lbfac6GtGK1qbxj23o1_500.jpg

Swag

Ashhong said:
Matteo

Seriously the responses in that thread are hilarious :lol

Also, he probably does have the album, apparently he's 100% reliable when it comes to leaks. MOTM2 MOTM1 Thank Me later

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Matteo

edit: that red looks so awesome

tumblr_lbfac6GtGK1qbxj23o1_500.jpg
That pic is ill.

Link to the thread anyone? Love how he'd leak CuDi's shit but not Ye's :lol

Tell him to leak Blame Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.