• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WHY WOULD YOU GUYS SAY DARK FANTASY IF WE ALREADY HAVE A VERSION CLOSE TO THE FINAL? D:

Tweets make it look like Blame Game will take it, I voted for AOTL though.

Dartastic

REFRESHING THREAD LIKE A MAD MAN FOR NEW LEAK INFO OMFG

RE: DARK FANTASY - BOWSER AND I ARE EXCITE, EXCEPT FOR THE CENSORED F WORD :D :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh shit, its actually different. Ye wasn't fucking around O.O

Damn.. some doubts have been cleared in my head, but this could still go either way.

Love the female voice, but the transition to the beat is a bit iffy on first listen.

Ashhong

Bowser said:
not loving the Nicki Minaj intro :|

lulz

or the fact that's it's clean :|

haha yea, thats not the female vocals i was talking about =P kinda surprised shes on the album..thought it would just be the movie. oh well.

clean is a little sad too, but better than nothing

Bowser

Ashhong said:
haha yea, thats not the female vocals i was talking about =P kinda surprised shes on the album..thought it would just be the movie. oh well.

Yeah I know you're not, I was just commenting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Flow on the 2nd verse is a bit different, I kinda like the monotone Ye in the version Ashhong ripped from Runaway. Being hella picky though, sounds great!

PBY

Banned
Ashhong said:

kanye totally AOTL-ed Dark Fantasy with the female voices-- doesn't sound bad, just less raw/aggressive... still like it alot, but it changes the vibe of the song

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
Oh shit, its actually different. Ye wasn't fucking around O.O

Damn.. some doubts have been cleared in my head, but this could still go either way.

Love the female voice, but the transition to the beat is a bit iffy on first listen.

I think Ye rapped the entire song over. His delivery is different at certain parts

peterb0y said:
kanye totally AOTL-ed Dark Fantasy with the female voices-- doesn't sound bad, just less raw/aggressive... still like it alot, but it changes the vibe of the song

I know what you mean. I think it kinda adds to the Fantasy feeling though

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
I think Ye rapped the entire song over. His delivery is different at certain parts

I know what you mean. I think it kinda adds to the Fantasy feeling though
Yeah he did, he's a lot more monotone on the Runaway version, which I liked better for the same rawness peterb0y mentioned.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
Yeah he did, he's a lot more monotone on the Runaway version, which I liked better for the same rawness peterb0y mentioned.

I actually didn't like that too much, when I first heard it I thought he sounded bored :lol

Also not HATING Minaj in the intro. I like the way she says "sit around, zip it listen!" #kanyeshrug

Recon

Banned
I like this version of Dark Fantasy a lot more, and i really liked the movie version. God, i swear ive heard almost the whole album, but im still super hyped for this album, already my AOTY!

PBY

Banned
Kusagari said:
Man, Dark Fantasy sounds awesome. 'Ye definitely respit this so gives me hope he did it for all the songs we got leaks of.
Most of the verses I heard were pretty spot on, not sure that this is necessary

Swag

Damn I chose the perfect time to get CoD black Ops, shit now I have to wait like 40 minutes to hear dark fantasy.

Ashhong

yayci.jpg

what a bitch! :lol I like how AOTL doesnt have a feature list

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
Most of the verses I heard were pretty spot on, not sure that this is necessary
It was necessary cause Ye wants to either combat leaks, or was not so approving of his monotone verse in the original.

Mixed feelings. Track is still heat though. When you really do think about it though, the leaks ruin your perception of everything. Is ANYONE still on blackout here?

As much as I want to hear the final AOTL, Blame Game sounded beautiful in Runaway, and I've been really anticipating its supposed spoken word kinda vibe.

PBY

Banned
Damn, from the time it looks like AOTL hasn't been changed from the Fergie-leak ... boo Kanye

also, in no universe should Devil in a New Dress be longer than AOTL

Ashhong

Depending on where he got this leak, I imagine the Bonus Tracks will leak later, since they are digitally distributed via iTunes. How does one leak those?

Runaway is fucking 10 minutes long :lol It's like the same as the movie version

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
yayci.jpg

what a bitch! :lol I like how AOTL doesnt have a feature list
All of the Lights is 5 mins? Seriously? So it's largely the same as the last leaked version. Hmm..

edit: beaten.

Bowser

enzo_gt said:
Mixed feelings. Track is still heat though. When you really do think about it though, the leaks ruin your perception of everything. Is ANYONE still on blackout here?

Ye fucked up Welcome to Heartbreak. Deep down, you know it.

Kusagari

The only thing I don't like about Dark Fantasy is the "Don't make me pull the toys out" line. I love how that sounded in Runaway. It's not as epic in the softer voice he uses on the real version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom