• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
CyHi is alright. I'll admit he did better on this track than other tracks I heard.

Big Sean oh shit. O_O

And damn ... J. Cole. That was vulgar.

Everyone on the track delivered, shit. This week's track was real banging.

This past week:
Kanye gets asked about how he feels about getting dissed by Dipset.
Kanye gets criticized for not having done a track with J. Cole.
GAFfers question G.O.O.D. Fridays' drop in quality over time.
---
Kanye drops Looking for Trouble, sampling a Cam'ron song, featuring J. Cole.

Internet explodes.

Beezy said:
Kanye flipped his own beat from Camron's Purple Haze? :lol
So wiki lies? It was Ye who originally produced this? The plot thickens.

Beezy

enzo_gt said:
So wiki lies? It was Ye who originally produced this? The plot thickens.
Oh, I'm not sure. I assumed he did since I knew he did work on that album, plus this version doesn't sound much different from the original. What does wiki say?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Beezy said:
Oh, I'm not sure. I assumed he did since I knew he did work on that album, plus this version doesn't sound much different from the original. What does wiki say?
Says the original was produced by "Stay Getting Productions," whoever the hell they are :lol

TangMeng said:
This new song is fucking sick, all it's missing is swizz beatz.

:lol

Acid08 said:
J Cole holy shit. I want his album, anything new by him.
reKon said:
http://jcolefans.com/?page_id=690

this has all his mixtapes and extra tracks ready and uploaded if anyone wants

Nice site but it's missing all his new throwaway tracks rapping over other people's shit or w/e.

This is what I've got:

I'm Coming Home
Relaxation
I'm On It
Higher
Problems
Premeditated Murder
The Last Strech
It Won't Be Long
Bun B For President
Blow Up
The Plan
Villematic

Oozer3993

Christ Almighty Cole. He should be tried for Aggravated Assault for what he did to everyone else on that song. I didn't think I could be any more excited for Friday Night Lights, but I think I just might be.

Dartastic

peterb0y said:
Spindashing, I like KFC too- I'm white tho, not sure if that helps :lol

In fact, I'm pretty sure 99% of Cuban people prefer KFC...
I just thought I'd chime in to say I'm a white jew, and I KNOW Popeye's is better. ;p

Ashhong

I'm fucking Korean, and I say Popeyes cajun chicken is LEAGUES better than KFC. LEAGUES. I just had KFC the other day, that skin is just not even comparable, I mean seriously. It's just grease compared to Popeyes.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
This is the first time I've really noticed the poor mixing. Kanye couldn't have used the extra time waiting for Cole to mix big sean in proper with the rest?

Ashhong

Tokubetsu said:
I love J.Cole but the track was shit.

You get out! and take that avatar with you :lol I kid I kid.

Kanye sometimes rereleases the songs with proper mixing a day or 2 after. Cut him some slack! It was way worse in Take One For the Team

Swag

SpeedingUptoStop said:
This is the first time I've really noticed the poor mixing. Kanye couldn't have used the extra time waiting for Cole to mix big sean in proper with the rest?

Dude's too busy eating 5 star dishes, different exotic fishes man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Probably said fuck it at this point on a Saturday evening. Plus Ye's been on that raw, unfiltered tip recently too, if you asked him, he'd probably say he likes it better this way *kanyeshrug*

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
kanyewest: NowPlaying.... My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy ... this 7 minute long Devil in a New Dress with new verses is one of my favorites

From his twitter, Damn 7 minutes now? The GOOD Friday release was 3 minutes long.

SpeedingUptoStop

Jesus christ, all I can say is I hope he worked in some tempo changes and interludes into that. It's a two minute beat, tops.

hubes

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Jesus christ, all I can say is I hope he worked in some tempo changes and interludes into that. It's a two minute beat, tops.
I could listen to that beat all day.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
enzo_gt said:
Its a nice beat and all, but real talk I'd kill myself 5 minutes in.

Yes, its not a 7 minute beat, at all. It (just barely) works at the length it is now.

and wtf at that lookin for trouble track. J.Cole and Kanye are the only ones that put any effort in. Cyhi and especially Big Sean were awful. Pusha T's verse was decent but nothing special.
Track would have been insane if it was just J.Cole and Kanye. Instead he shits it up with too many rappers. Seems to be my complaint with most of his good friday tracks. Every god damn song doesn't have to be a posse cut.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Masters said:
I fear there will be overproduction on this album
Perhaps if he's forcefully changing songs from their leaked versions, but despite all the random hate, the only overproduced song so far (leaked or G.O.O.D. Friday) is All of the Lights' latest leak.

Though this is a concern I have about the album as well, my worst fear is him fucking up the drums on Lost In The World. Next to that is All of the Lights facing the same fate, or ending up as a clusterfuck.

Ken Masters said:
I fear there will be overproduction on this album

That's been Kanye's thing for awhile now. Seems to be taking it to another level with this album, with the onslaught of guest appearances and increasing track lengths to combat leaks. The entire album will leak a week before it comes out anyway, I don't see the point.

SpeedingUptoStop

yencid said:
What exactly does overproduction mean? I been interested in this
Producing a song beyond it already sounding perfect. You listen to some demos for tracks and they'll sound great, but the final product has too many bells and whistles and it sounds like shit in comparison.

MMaRsu

PhoenixDark said:
That's been Kanye's thing for awhile now. Seems to be taking it to another level with this album, with the onslaught of guest appearances and increasing track lengths to combat leaks. The entire album will leak a week before it comes out anyway, I don't see the point.

I certainly agree, and I think in comparison Cole's album will probably be a real classic instead.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Producing a song beyond it already sounding perfect. You listen to some demos for tracks and they'll sound great, but the final product has too many bells and whistles and it sounds like shit in comparison.

Like so?

Home

Homecoming

Aside from the fact that the first track was recorded way back when, and obviously some parts are better I still like the first version better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yencid said:
What exactly does overproduction mean? I been interested in this
It just means that the song is tinkered with and has so many excessive elements to it that the song is made too complex to a point where it isn't as audibly pleasing anymore.

Its thrown around loosely though, and is pretty subjective. I disagree with PD, Kanye definitely tries to top everything off with countless cherries but its never in the realm of "overproduced" (except for All of the Lights). Some people say So Appalled is overproduced compared to the original, which is just blasphemous.

I can't think of any concrete examples ATM, but Maybach Music III comes to mind. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League can produce pretty well, but they over-did the wow-factor and made Maybach Music III sound a hundred more times epic than it really is.
MMaRsu said:
I certainly agree, and I think in comparison Cole's album will probably be a real classic instead.

Like so?

Home

Homecoming

Aside from the fact that the first track was recorded way back when, and obviously some parts are better I still like the first version better.
I was listening to the original the other day and, while I agree some parts (John Legend <3) are better, the final version is in no definable way overproduced, not even close. It sounds refined and all, but overproduced? Nahhh.

Bowser

Kanye definitely overproduced on 808s. Welcome to Heartbreak and Robocop anyone? The early versions of those were awesome.

Recon

Banned
Bowser said:
Kanye definitely overproduced on 808s. Welcome to Heartbreak and Robocop anyone? The early versions of those were awesome.

I agree, i think it was Streetlights that was great sounding before he fucked with it, pissed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom