• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They censored "damn" and "line" :lol Man I haven't listened to censored music since I was like 12. Can't stand this shit :lol

EDIT: Holy the censored version of monster is so messed.

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:
They censored "damn" and "line" :lol Man I haven't listened to censored music since I was like 12. Can't stand this shit :lol

yeah, seriously... have you ever listened to BMF on the radio? Monster kind of sounds like that:lol

sdornan

enzo_gt said:

I'm waiting to hear how stupid So Appalled sounds.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
yeah, seriously... have you ever listened to BMF on the radio? Monster kind of sounds like that:lol
I can't even imagine :lol

sdornan said:
I'm waiting to hear how stupid So Appalled sounds.
Yeah, but I don't care what anyone says, So Appalled is top 5 as far as Kanye West tracks released this year. Shit goes so hard on so many levels. Maybe even top 3.

And the cranked up bass on Monster is fucking amazing indeed. Can't wait to bump this shit in the car.

sdornan

enzo_gt said:
Yeah, but I don't care what anyone says, So Appalled is top 5 as far as Kanye West tracks released this year. Shit goes so hard on so many levels. Maybe even top 3.

I meant the censored version.

"thish is.... ridiculous"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sdornan said:
I meant the censored version.

"thish is.... ridiculous"
Indeed:

be writing bull bull
like they gotta work gotta workk
going through real real
man they outta work

:lol

Dartastic

enzo_gt said:
Indeed:

be writing bull bull
like they gotta work gotta workk
going through real real
man they outta work

:lol

Seriously, might just replace 'em with the GOOD Friday versions... Cause this ish is ... ridiculous. :lol

Swag

Passing on the full censored version, will just wait for explicit.

Can't have that shit ruin my first listen :lol

Brinbe

Loving what I've heard so far, definite improvement for the most part. At So Appalled now, and yeah, the clean version doesn't disappoint.

......Ridiculous. :lol

PBY

Banned
After hearing all of the final tracks, maybe I'm crazy, but I think that Power is the best track on the album

Oozer3993

Final version of Lost in the World is even hotter than the leaked & Runaway versions. And AOTL IS different from the leaked version, though not significantly.

If this is anything like the Graduation leak, we'll have full explicit by tomorrow night.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
After hearing all of the final tracks, maybe I'm crazy, but I think that Power is the best track on the album
Your crazy. Most composed and concise I guess, but a bunch of those songs are better than Power. AOTL, LITW and So Appalled and Dark Fantasy.

Though.. I don't like DIAND and Runaway now =/ Seriously there is no reason for Runaway to be 9 minutes.

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Your crazy. Most composed and concise I guess, but a bunch of those songs are better than Power. AOTL, LITW and So Appalled and Dark Fantasy.

Though.. I don't like DIAND and Runaway now =/ Seriously there is no reason for Runaway to be 9 minutes.
I dunno dude, I think that it gets overlooked because its so old; either way, all those songs are just awesome, and comparing them is splitting hairs

I'm hoping for a new AOTL video now...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expendable. said:
ugh these clean versions of Monster and So Appalled are killing me. :lol
Seriously, they actually are that bad :lol Though Jay's verse on So Appalled isn't bad. It also happens to be one of the best Jay verses in years.

Hell of a Life is awesome! The autotune or distortion or whatever it is, is sick.

enzo_gt said:

He used the same runaway with the 5 minute autotune solo in the "movie" ?

/Sticks to SNL version

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MiloTheMilitant said:
He used the same runaway with the 5 minute autotune solo in the "movie" ?

/Sticks to SNL version
Yeah. Runaway is unlistenable. And Ross didn't make DIAND any better. It was short and sweet, and thats how I like it.

peterb0y said:
I dunno dude, I think that it gets overlooked because its so old; either way, all those songs are just awesome, and comparing them is splitting hairs

I'm hoping for a new AOTL video now...
Yeah we all have clouded judgment. I want someone who hasn't heard jack shit from Ye to come in here and tell us what they think.

Oozer3993

Expendable. said:
I love how you can say murder and kill a whole avenue and rape and pillage, but not fuck or ass. :lol

And you can't say "do a line." :lol :lol Reminds me of when MTV inexplicably censored the word "kinfolk" when they'd play the Diamonds video.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expendable. said:
That horrendous Appalled intro is still there :/
YOUR WRONG.

It's the one time Swizzy is acceptable. That song is nearly perfect in composition.

And Blame Game is great before Chris Rock.
And I don't give a fuck about Fergie on AOTL. I'm past that. That song is godlike still.

enzo_gt said:
YOUR WRONG.

It's the one time Swizzy is acceptable. That song is nearly perfect in composition.

And Blame Game is great before Chris Rock.
And I don't give a fuck about Fergie on AOTL. I'm past that. That song is godlike still.

I haven't gotten to Blame Game yet, but I agree on AOTL. She is fine.

EDIT: who is rapping at the end of Devil? Fucking terrible :/

Oh Rick Ross, that explains it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I like the way he rapped on the Dark Fantasy LQ Audio Rip more. But having this dope ass beat in CDQ is fantastic. Same with Blame Game.

Looking forward to the Dirty.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expendable. said:
I haven't gotten to Blame Game yet, but I agree on AOTL. She is fine.

EDIT: who is rapping at the end of Devil? Fucking terrible :/

Oh Rick Ross, that explains it.
:lol :lol :lol

THEY CENSORED VAGINA, BUT NOT MOTHER COUNTRIES' CROTCH. WHAT IS THIS?

Snakeyes

College Dropout > Late Registration > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > 808s & Heartbreaks > Graduation

Best: Power, All Of The Lights, So Appalled, Dark Fantasy

Worst: Runaway

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The College Dropout > Late Registration > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > Graduation > 808s & Heartbreak

Best: All of the Lights, So Appalled, Dark Fantasy & Lost In The World (tough to choose between these two)

Worst: Runaway & Devil In A New Dress

I mostly agree with Snakeyes :lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Since all the cool cats are doing it:

The College Dropout > Late Registration = My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Bonus Tracks, I'm counting on them) > Graduation >>>>> 808s & Heartbreak

Best: All of the Lights, So Appalled, Dark Fantasy, Blame Game

Worst: Monster, Runaway

Overall, I'm impressed. Could've used a Mos Def feature on a song!

And I'm gonna have to cut off the first 23 seconds of Dark Fantasy when the dirty version leaks -__-

sdornan

enzo_gt said:
The College Dropout > Late Registration > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > Graduation > 808s & Heartbreak

Best: All of the Lights, So Appalled, Dark Fantasy & Lost In The World (tough to choose between these two)

Worst: Runaway & Devil In A New Dress

I mostly agree with Snakeyes :lol

Runaway would be great if it ended before the stupid outro.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wait so the leak is a clean version? no thanks...I'll wait. I spent 6 years being forced to buy clean albums, not gunna go down that road again :lol

Odrion

Banned
I dunno, I really like what they did with Devil in a New Dress. I was wondering what they would do to keep that beat fresh.

Man, Runaway is so fucking masturbatory now. :lol

Brinbe

Just finished it, so why the fuck not...

CD
MBDTF
Grad
LR

Know that LR ranking most won't agree with, but oh well.

Favs: LITW (Holy fucking shit), DIAND (minus Ricky), AOTL (Fergie and all), So Appalled
Dislike: Hell Of A Life and I suppose Gorgeous don't really do it for me. Also, although I like them, Blame Game/Runaway are too fucking long, damn. :lol

Love the fucking shit out of this, and with few exceptions I'd say they're better than the leaked mixes. Add tracks not even included like Christian Dior Denim Flow & GOOD Friday, and it's just incredible. As is, I think I might have to chop up (or wait for others to do that work) some of these tracks to put it in a place/length I'd prefer personally.

Anyway, can't wait for those iTunes tracks now, shit. :D

Oozer3993

808s & Heartbreak > Late Registration > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > Graduation > College Dropout

There, I said it. You can now commence calling me crazy :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom