• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite disappointed by this album :/ Hopefully it grows on me.

The College Dropout >>> Late Registration >>>>>>>>>>> Graduation >>>> My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy >> 808s & Heartbreak

Best: All of the Lights, So Appalled, Dark Fantasy, Lost In The World

Worst: Runaway, Devil In A New Dress, Blame Game, Gorgeous

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oozer3993 said:
808s & Heartbreak > Late Registration > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > Graduation > College Dropout

There, I said it. You can now commence calling me crazy :lol
We're not friends anymore. I thought you were cool man, I thought you were cool.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Oozer3993 said:
808s & Heartbreak > Late Registration > My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy > Graduation > College Dropout

7963_v.gif

yo oozer i ama let you finish but your post is totally wrong!

RJT

MiloTheMilitant said:
He used the same runaway with the 5 minute autotune solo in the "movie" ?

/Sticks to SNL version
I can't lie, I kind of like the autotune at the end of Runaway... And I hate most autotune...

hubes

Oozer3993 said:

saying the album with all falls down, spaceship, through the wire and family business is his worst is just like...... unbelievable to me

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oozer3993 said:

I don't know if being hard on hearing means being crazy

LCfiner

I hate censored versions of all songs anywhere, anytime. just hearing descriptions from you guys of how these have been butchered pisses me off :lol

modernkicks said:
why are all these tracks so dang long?

I've never done this before, but I would praise someone to make an edited version of this cutting off the Appalled intro and end of Runaway, Chris Rock bit, etc.

Expendable. said:
I've never done this before, but I would praise someone to make an edited version of this cutting off the Appalled intro and end of Runaway, Chris Rock bit, etc.

I can when I get some time. no problem. thats easier than what I did with Dark Fantasy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fixed2BeBroken said:
I can when I get some time. no problem. thats easier than what I did with Dark Fantasy
Just wait for the dirty leak at least. Kinda pointless with the atrocious clean versions.

well im a pro at this kinda shit cause im also an audio engineeer on the side so its easy to do and Im fairly quick at it.

so I can do it for both. :D

runaway done. doing blame game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fixed2BeBroken said:
well im a pro at this kinda shit cause im also an audio engineeer on the side so its easy to do and Im fairly quick at it.

so I can do it for both. :D

runaway done. doing blame game.
Audio engineer? :O where do you work? I don't know why but that always sounds like an awesome job.

enzo_gt said:
Audio engineer? :O where do you work? I don't know why but that always sounds like an awesome job.

its not, and I am one on the side, I dont work anywhere, I work for myself/freelance. I dont do it often these days cause of my real job.

but I did work as an intern at different studios in new york right after I had gotton out of school for it, and the work stinks unless you're actually like, a sought after audio engineer, otherwise ur treated like crap. but once you make it, it's a cool gig. I just never made it. but even as a successful audio engineer, you're kinda like at the bottom of the totem pole in the studio. I spoke with proffessional engineers who talk about how different artists would treat them like crap, or wouldn't even speak to them or acknowledge thier existence.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
its not, and I am one on the side, I dont work anywhere, I work for myself/freelance. I dont do it often these days cause of my real job.

but I did work as an intern at different studios in new york right after I had gotton out of school for it, and the work stinks unless you're actually like, a sought after audio engineer, otherwise ur treated like crap. but once you make it, it's a cool gig. I just never made it. but even as a successful audio engineer, you're kinda like at the bottom of the totem pole in the studio. I spoke with proffessional engineers who talk about how different artists would treat them like crap, or wouldn't even speak to them or acknowledge thier existence.

This upsets me because that's sort of what I'm looking to get into. haha

Would something like this fall under, say, a Sound Recording Technology major my school offers?

apocalidiot said:
This upsets me because that's sort of what I'm looking to get into. haha

Would something like this fall under, say, a Sound Recording Technology major my school offers?

yes. its tough getting your foot in the door. then it's even tougher to make it. but if you're willing to starve and die for it, you WILL make it. I just ran out of money and had to seek another career path.

Grzi

Graduation > College Dropout > My Beautiful Dark Fantasy (though I think it'll grow on me even more) >> Late Registration >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 808's and Heartbreaks

I like most of the tracks on the new album, really didn't expect to like it this much. I'm really happy with it.

5 STARS from Rolling Stone
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is his most maniacally inspired music yet, coasting on heroic levels of dementia, pimping on top of Mount Olympus. Yeezy goes for the grandeur of stadium rock, the all-devouring sonics of hip-hop, the erotic gloss of disco, and he goes for all of it, all the time. Nobody halfway sane could have made this album.

:lol
There’s a famous story about Queen making "Bohemian Rhapsody": Whenever the band thought the song was finished, Freddie Mercury would say, "I’ve added a few more ‘Galileos’ here, dear." But nobody can out-Galileo Kanye. With Fantasy, he makes everybody else on the radio sound laughably meek, but he’s also throwing down a challenge to the audience. Kanye West thinks you’re a moron if you settle for artists who don’t push as hard as he does. And that means pretty much everybody.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
this is why he is the king of the generation.

how can you tell if you have a legit copy or not?

thekad

Banned
Expendable. said:
jeez, Rolling Stone has given less than 20 albums 5 stars in the last two decade and less than 200 since 1920.

They probably haven't heard all the songs dozens of times before they got the album. I'm jealous of those going into 'Twisted Fantasy' virgin.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expendable. said:
jeez, Rolling Stone has given less than 20 albums 5 stars in the last two decade and less than 200 since 1920.
Famitsu effect incoming? Or moneyhats?

But when you say that, puts stuff into perspective a bit. Hmm, what were the other 20?

thekad said:
They probably haven't heard all the songs dozens of times before they got the album. I'm jealous of those going into 'Twisted Fantasy' virgin.
This. Man, what an experience it must be.

Expendable. said:

damn.

my-body-is-ready.png

thekad said:

YEAH, like ME. :D

enzo_gt said:
Famitsu effect incoming? Or moneyhats?

But when you say that, puts stuff into perspective a bit. Hmm, what were the other 20?

This. Man, what an experience it must be.

Since 1986, here are ones (bolded = hip-hop):

* Kanye West - Late Registration, 2005

* The White Stripes - Elephant, 2003
* Beck - Sea Change, 2002
* R.E.M. - Automatic for the People, 1992 (inducted in 2007)
* Metallica - Metallica, 1991 (inducted in 2009)
* Pixies - Doolittle, 1989
* N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton, 1988

* Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation, 1988
* U2 - The Joshua Tree, 1987 (inducted in 2005)
* Prince - Sign O the Times , 1987 (inducted in 2005)
* R.E.M. - Document, 1987 (inducted in 2007)
* Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction, 1987
* The Smiths - The Queen is Dead, 1986
* Run-DMC - Raising Hell, 1986 (inducted in 2009)
* Paul Simon - Graceland, 1986 (inducted in 2001)

Get'sMad

Expendable. said:

aren't the majority of their 5 star records from the last 10 years or so always just some old band/artist making some comeback album though?

like I'm sure at least 5 of those are Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and Norah Jones records.

edit: didn't see this
Expendable. said:

most of those are classics, except for Sea Change....fuck that album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expendable. said:

Man how could you forget to bold Run-DMC :lol A bit rock, but they're pretty hip-hop.

Damn, thats crazy though, especially when you think of ALL of the amazing hip hop albums released since Straight Outta Compton.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I like the extended cut of Devil, but it wasn't needed. I like Kanye's version solely because it felt soulful. Rick Ross's voice is way to brash for a track like this. The extra instrumentation though is great and if Ye had come back for another verse after the break I would have been sold.

btrick

im pretty happy who will survive in america is a separate track. so sick of listening to that nonsensical shit.

great album. just finished my first listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom