• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Fixed2BeBroken said:
Wrong. yes, you are just factually wrong here. I was one of the biggest nicki minaj haters but even I had to give her her due because of monster and now roman's revenge.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol GTFO

Ashhong

Roman's Revenge is maybe the worst song I've heard all year. Granted I stay far away from Wocka Flocka garbage, but that song is terrible.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Error said:
AOTL is EPIC. Not even Fergie could shit it up.

I didn't even notice she was on it the first time the track came on....I'm definitely not gunna try and find her either.

Swag

The Voice at the end of Lost in the World :lol

Well I can tell this album with all the final changes actually feels like a Dark Twisted Fantasy, the beats, to the lyrics, to the production.

On Point, Well done Kanye. Can't wait to give you money

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Fixed2BeBroken said:
naw, it's dope, original, and fresh.

thus...

"we don't believe you, you need more people"
Fixed2BeBroken
more like BrokenNeeds2BeFixed
(Today, 07:55 PM)
w/e man you have your taste in music, and i have mine:D

Ashhong

Fixed2BeBroken said:
naw, it's dope, original, and fresh.

thus...

"we don't believe you, you need more people"

Hang it up, flat screeeen
Plasma.
Hey Nicki Hey Nicki, asthma.

I'll beat you with a padded lock
I'm in a movie, camera block

RUH RUH like a dungeon dragon

I got em scared, shook, panickin!
overseas, church, Vatican!

Manning, Eli!

:lol :lol come on man!

Ashhong

just noticed the added vocals in the LITW choruses. I can definitely see why some would think this album is overproduced. Pretty much every song could be cut down in regards to the production and different sounds used. I think the hip hop purists will like the original leaks more, but I am a fan of Kanye's musical flourishes. I wish there were 2 versions of this album.

sdornan

Dreams-Visions said:
Blame Game = EPIC.

holy shit. I was not ready. I was not worthy.
6a00d8341c5e0053ef0120a91ac1da970b-800wi

Mr. Wonderful said:
Waiting till Christmas is going to be so hard. Not even listening to the singles.
Even I couldn't do that, and I've done a good job staying away from these tracks. :lol Good job, sir.

The 22nd can't come any sooner...

Raw64life

Didn't hear anything other than the singles before listening. Love it for the most part. I love All of the Lights but from what I'm reading he replaced a Drake verse with a Fergie verse which is certainly a head scratcher. Don't care for the random male version of the chorus in the middle of the song either. And any reason why none of the features on AotL are credited on any track listing I've seen?

I don't mind Nicki Minaj but she definitely suffers from Eminem 2004-2009 Syndrome with the stupid voices that make any great verse just good and any mediocre verse awful.

hubes

YagizY said:
So far the best thing about this album is that Nicki Minaj only infects one song with her shitty rapping and flow. It's like just when I thought things couldn't get worse w/ Rihanna, he puts her no-talent ass on the album. So far album is great except for these two 'guests'.
what's wrong with Rihanna? she sounds perfect on all of the lights.. honestly best thing about the song.

Ashhong

Raw64life said:
Didn't hear anything other than the singles before listening. Love it for the most part. I love All of the Lights but from what I'm reading he replaced a Drake verse with a Fergie verse which is certainly a head scratcher. Don't care for the random male version of the chorus in the middle of the song either. And any reason why none of the features on AotL are credited on any track listing I've seen?

I don't mind Nicki Minaj but she definitely suffers from Eminem 2004-2009 Syndrome with the stupid voices that make any great verse just good and any mediocre verse awful.

Drake was a very very early version. Don't even worry about that one.

The middle chorus isnt a chorus, its Kid Cudi kind of transitioning into the second half of the song.

Probably no features because theres about 10 artists on it :lol

Bowser

Fix The Scientist said:
He took out the rocket sound in Dark Fantasy WTF i loved that bit.

The only reason that was in there is because the first version we heard was just a rip of the audio from the movie :lol

MMaRsu

I really really like this album. That being said, I still think it's a little overproduced. Like on College Dropout, the beats are imo much better.

Probably stupid to say but eh

Great album though :).

LCfiner

Despite this being the clean version…

My God, this album is amazing. The pacing and flow of the songs just works amazingly well together. We’ve heard a lot of these songs before as leaks or on GOOD Fridays but when placed together like this in a single album, it’s so damn impressive.

take a bow, Kanye.

So is this officially out or just a leak?

I haven't heard SHIT except for Runaway which I thought was okay. Not even the Good Friday stuff.

Looks like I'm in for a trickity treat.

LCfiner said:
Despite this being the clean version…

My God, this album is amazing. The pacing and flow of the songs just works amazingly well together. We’ve heard a lot of these songs before as leaks or on GOOD Fridays but when placed together like this in a single album, it’s so damn impressive.

take a bow, Kanye.
no, sir. in this thread, we TOAST. :D

shadowcomplex said:
Fixed2BeBroken
more like BrokenNeeds2BeFixed
(Today, 07:55 PM)
w/e man you have your taste in music, and i have mine:D

great response, instead of supporting your lambasting of my opinion, you do a wordplay on my name. clever. you are great at supporting your comments!

Ashhong said:
Hang it up, flat screeeen
Plasma.
Hey Nicki Hey Nicki, asthma.

I'll beat you with a padded lock
I'm in a movie, camera block

RUH RUH like a dungeon dragon

I got em scared, shook, panickin!
overseas, church, Vatican!

Manning, Eli!

:lol :lol come on man!

it was fresh, from an emcee perspective, it was different. it wasn't necessarily the lyrics.but rather the delivery.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
AMAZING. Worth the hype and everything, AOTY for me easily. Ye killed it.

I'm buying it, I feel the dude deserves my money.

Ashhong

Fixed2BeBroken said:
great response, instead of supporting your lambasting of my opinion, you do a wordplay on my name. clever. you are great at supporting your comments!

it was fresh, from an emcee perspective, it was different. it wasn't necessarily the lyrics.but rather the delivery.

Couldn't disagree more. Sure it was different, but I swear she isnt even rapping for half the song. She has long ass breaks between her lyrics. So horrible. IMO of course.

spindashing said:
http://imgur.com/2diQg.jpg[IMG]

Didn't listen to the leak, but cheers for this seemingly being a killer album.[/QUOTE]

Only winners are allowed in here.

There hasn't been any word of different CD editions going to different places right? I should be safe buying the deluxe from Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom