• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Mr Solo Dolo said:
kanyecover.jpg
Fucking nice!

Mr Solo Dolo said:
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1141100377/kanyecover.jpg
Is that really the real cover art? Someone on the kanylive forums were claiming they made it. Post was taken down though, but is in google's cache: http://goo.gl/8Dcw

BTW: Newer version of Don't Stop is up on kanyewest.com

Kanye West via Twitter said:
Peep the newer version of Don't Stop... mix is a bit cleaner http://kanyewest.com/2010/10/dont-stop/

Swag

neptunes said:
that cover is way better

Kanye_West_-_The_College_Dropout.jpg
Kanye-West-Late-Registration.jpg
kanye_west_graduation.jpg
kanye-west-808s-heartbreak.jpg

Pick the Odd Man Out.

Granted 808s Is the Odd Album Out

I wouldn't have minded the fan made cover, seems pretty cool actually.

Ashhong

The Runaway film is being released online for free IIRC. And that cover is pretty badass. Would be awesome if it was Dropout bear instead of Kanye.

Ashhong

Lupe said that "Don't Stop" is actually an old track that they made 2 years ago along with Us Placers. Bit disappointing, I was hoping that they were getting back in the studio together and making new tracks. Oh well

Oozer3993

It appears that the Runaway film will be included with the album:

FasterLouder said:
The film is likely to loose some of its impact when viewed on your computer as part of the _My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
_ CD package, mostly because those beats just won’t hit as hard as they do in a cinema, but trust me this album is going to be a monster.

Source

Ashhong

It’s probably unsurprising that the man who has invited a cast as varied as Beyoncé, Common, Justin Vernon, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Mos Def, Pusha T, M.I.A., Seal, Swizz Beatz, Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em, Alicia Keys, Santigold and La Roux to guest on his new album that the film feels like the work of a cultural magpie.

Goddamn thats a lot of guests. But fuckin Soulja Boy, on the actual album? NOOOOOO. Hopefully its only as a producer.

Ashhong said:
Goddamn thats a lot of guests. But fuckin Soulja Boy, on the actual album? NOOOOOO. Hopefully its only as a producer.

No, not only as a producer. I don't want him on this album AT ALL.

Ashhong

Kanye West

"Late night in the studio in Australia wrapping up the album... what songs will make it, what songs won't? Most every song has been extended and has music embellishments... I don't make my album music under any radio format... I just let that shit ride."

thats the only way to do it!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Kanye West

"Late night in the studio in Australia wrapping up the album... what songs will make it, what songs won't? Most every song has been extended and has music embellishments... I don't make my album music under any radio format... I just let that shit ride."

thats the only way to do it!
More So Appalled-like songs confirmed.

Kanye West, fuck yeah.

this thread has sadly reminded me that a follow up to 808s will never happen

With that said i hate the itunes/digital cover for 808s, with the hands, the retail cover and packaging overall was nice

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
G.O.O.D. Music is definately in the building!

BET Awards Stream + Cypher download featuring CyHi, Ye, Common, Pusha & Big Sean! With Premier DJing.
Damn.. just damn. They all brought the heat.

GodfatherX said:

With that said i hate the itunes/digital cover for 808s, with the hands, the retail cover and packaging overall was nice

As time goes on, I grow more and more closer to 808s. Its a great album, and I appreciate it more and more the more I listen to it.

Ashhong

GodfatherX said:

Wait what? You dont like the Kaws special cover with the hands? You could just change the cover art if you didnt like it =P

enzo_gt said:
G.O.O.D. Music is definately in the building!

BET Awards Stream + Cypher download featuring CyHi, Ye, Common, Pusha & Big Sean! With Premier DJing.
Damn.. just damn. They all brought the heat.

Holy shit, awesome, especially liked Cyhi and Ye. Too bad Mos wasn't there too, just to top it off

"Too many Urkels on your team thats why you Winslow!" :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wellington said:
Any official version of All of the Lights out?
Not for a while, me thinks. As it is his next single. It will presumably leak as I doubt he's gonna put it out as a G.O.O.D. Friday release for free.

Swag

11hexpd.jpg

This kinda made me lol, and smile at the same time.

Kanye Responded to her Tweet with a "Thank You"

Oozer3993

Some news from GQ:

The film will be packaged with the album in November, but in under a fortnight's time it will be transmitted in full on TV where it will simultaneously premiere on the big three American music networks. It will also be uncut.

His work rate is intense - he often works until 7am to release a new single for GOOD Fridays

When asked about which UK artists he admired, he initially remarked, "I don't do a lot of research," and had to stop his blog because of the demands on his time. It is worth pointing out that he did work extenstively with UK artists: not only Mr Hudson, but Ellie Jackson from La Roux (who appears on a track with Alicia Keys) and MIA.

Kanye's biggest project for 2011? More than anything he wants to perform in Egypt, but "the pyramids aren't available till April". He aims to create something "extremely historical" with "300 people doing the 'Power' clap" and "helicopter shots and s***".

Kanye is taking the album leaks in good humour - trying to focus on the "completely fucking awesome-ness" of the situation. He's also trying to see the bigger picture, talking about how you don't remember a song that affects you by which particular week it comes out, but whether it was a song of that season, that year.

He talked about how there are only four people up at the cultural influence level he wants to be at: Marc Jacobs, Will Smith, Tom Ford and Walt Disney. He particularly singled out Jacobs because his bags were so distinctive that everyone from "any drug dealer" to "any girlfriend" can appreciate them.

The album is magnificent. But then you probably could have guessed we were going to say that...

And I have some REALLY bad news. You're gonna wanna sit down for this. Are you sitting?

No really, this is horrible news. You're definitely going to want to be sitting down when you read this.

Fergie is on All of the Lights. Rapping. I'll give you a minute to finish vomiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom