• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oozer3993 said:
The guy who tweeted about Fergie being on the final version of AOTL also tweeted this:

An interesting side note: this track was originally rumored to feature Nas.

Nas lost
his spot on that track

Pinko Marx said:
Something wrong
I hold my head
MJ gone
Dat nigga dead

touche.

paul wall's a loveable dude I mean look at his grin

Paul-Wall18.jpg

Ashhong

spindashing said:
What the fuck?!?! Late to the party, I had my birthday yesterday and was feeling good but now that I hear Fergie is on the final version of the sex that is All of the Lights I think I want my birthday back. I DIDN'T WANT DRAKE ON THE FINAL CUT BUT I'D RATHER HAVE HIS GOOFY ASS IN.

Fuck my life I want that poison Koolaid.

Damn it Yeezy. Damn it.

And lol are you guys really comparing Paul Wall the people"s champ and Kanye? Lol...

Happy belated, welcome to the real party!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pinko Marx said:
C'mon guys. I know a lot of you are Kanye stans around here, but be real; Kanye is not a lyricist. Paul Wall can rap circles around him.
I enjoy Kanye's music, more than Paul Wall's music at the end of the day. I still think Kanye's a talented lyricist but I wouldn't label him, or Paul Wall for that matter, a "lyrcist" like I would people like Mos Def, Nas, etc.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
I enjoy Kanye's music, more than Paul Wall's music at the end of the day. I still think Kanye's a talented lyricist but I wouldn't label him, or Paul Wall for that matter, a "lyrcist" like I would people like Mos Def, Nas, etc.

I don't have a label for it, but Kanye is the only rapper I can think of that consistently tries to...entertain with his lyrics. He doesn't just say random things or send messages, he tells constant jokes punchlines. It's different from other people. Sure its not the most advanced rhyme 75% of the time, but its fun.

Swag

No Tweet from Kanye yet about today's G.O.O.D Friday :(

ashhong said:
I don't have a label for it, but Kanye is the only rapper I can think of that consistently tries to...entertain with his lyrics. He doesn't just say random things or send messages, he tells constant jokes punchlines. It's different from other people. Sure its not the most advanced rhyme 75% of the time, but its fun.

This is a very good way to describe Kanye as an artist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pinko Marx said:
I bet he's trying to get another horrible artist on one of his songs. Like...I dunno... Marky Mark or someone.
Chain Heavy ft. Will Smith, Rah Digga, Fergie, Swizz Beatz, Benzino & Tay Zonday (Prod. by Mr. Eli Porter)

just waiting for it to leak now.

edit: added fergie.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
enzo_gt said:
Chain Heavy ft. Will Smith, Rah Digga, Fergie, Swizz Beatz, Benzino & Tay Zonday (Prod. by Mr. Eli Porter)

Just so that I understand you. You just called Will Smith horrible, right?

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:

I wont lie, a Will Smith feature would be kind of cool

Ashhong

Kanye West Flew back from Paris ... working on Good Friday now... and the album is due and album cover and the film and dvd ... difficult takes a day

Its still coming guys! woot

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WanderingWind said:
Just so that I understand you. You just called Will Smith horrible, right?
Come to think of it, it would be pretty cool. I even liked Switch :$.

A spoken word into/outro from will smith would be sick. Still has about the same chance of happening as Eli Porter and Benzino.

Ashhong said:
Kanye West Flew back from Paris ... working on Good Friday now... and the album is due and album cover and the film and dvd ... difficult takes a day

Its still coming guys! woot

But with Fergie, Drake, and Soulja boy verses. :3

m3k

so why is gonna be on a song subtitled ghetto university

i cant get my head around it

shes gonna rap about her tough time being a heroine addicted model i suppose

Swag

Cool beat on Take one for the Team. Pusha / Cyhi again deliver. Is there going to be a better mixed version release, the beat in this one seems to overpower the lyrics so much. Cool throwback to Good Life / All Falls Down from Kanye.

So Appalled imo still the height of the Good Friday songs.

Oh and just gonna leave this here for lulz

pink-friday.jpg

Nabs

i'm thankful for good friday, but all these songs are 3 min too long. i hope the lp isn't full of really long tracks with a bunch of people i don't care to listen to.

Ashhong

Nabs said:
i'm thankful for good friday, but all these songs are 3 min too long. i hope the lp isn't full of really long tracks with a bunch of people i don't care to listen to.

I like listening to it...but Kanye did say he doesnt make songs in radio format and that he "lets that shit ride". Kinda sounds like long tracks to me.

RJT

Disappointed by the mixing... I can barely hear the words over the beat. Kanye, never mix release a song on jet lag, ok? Thanks.

Ashhong

RJT said:
Disappointed by the mixing... I can barely hear the words over the beat. Kanye, never mix release a song on jet lag, ok? Thanks.

Hes done this a few times now. Usually releases a cleaner mix the next day or two. Don't worry, Kanye got your back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom