• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
FML is really something. The new version of Real Friends is great too. There's some heavy shit in between all the jokes on this album, damn.
Ebro was so spot on when he said the album is like a Kanye greatest hits. A bit of all his albums on this, and he hits every note. Still need to sit down with some head phones and put time on the official version, but damn so far he killed it.

nib95

Banned
I tend to really dislike songs with an abundance of auto tune or whatever that sound is; hip hop is flooded with it now. I guess I'm just burnt out from it, some of Kanye's songs here start out with a nice hook, then he just overdoes it with a weird sample or sound that just turns me off, like on Famous. I was grooving to it, then the reggae switch up that just goes on for too long and takes me out of the whole thing. Just not my cup of tea I guess. I haven't heard Fade yet.

I dont know man, I love the different beats, vibes and samples. When some dropped I was like daaaamn, because I recognised the excerpts, but he still managed to use them creatively. But this album in sonic terms has it all. Gospel, dark, up beat, grimey, ethereal, eccentric, old school, synthetic, mellow, everything. It's a really lush and diverse array of sounds, and as someone who listens to every genre of music, but primarily Hip Hop, it's one of the reason I admire Kanye's work. It always manages to sound fresh and different from the rest.

Reckoner

Listening to Wolves again and it indeed sounds unfinished. Like Kanye has been throwing some stuff around and hasn't made a final, cohesive cut yet. That gap was weird too. We'll see.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I get the biggest grin on my face when Frank's verse drops. So happy to hear anything from him at this point.

The Rizza

Anyone have any idea on what the timer is for on the yeezy website? Thought it was gonna end at 8 and update the page, but nothing happened.

chaislip3

Pretty crazy that Koolo was able to get this early.

I honestly think this is a top 3/4 Kanye album on first listen. Hits all the right notes for me.

Mau ®

Take it with a grain of salt. But it would make sense to release at midnight since that's when tracking week starts. No one wants another "lol lol it sold 460 copies" like it happened to Rihanna.

WiUHJGV.png

chaislip3

Did you see his post after this stream? Basically said everything was changed.

Nah I didn't see it, but I figured that it was a pretty unfinished version of it. He definitely got a lot right tho in terms of features and lyrics. I wonder if Waves and 30 Hours will ever leak.

if im nice to him, he might be my friend. invite me over and let me ride his cars

im always nice to rich people

That;s the thing man. It doesn't seem to matter how you act towards this dude, he'll just click you away. He really thinks he's some kind of god, better than anyone. Been watching the stream for a while now and that's quite clear to me. Very weird dude.

Feedback the song about fucking? Cause I fucking love that song.

I love every song. Shit's crazy. I never love albums immediately. It's way too early to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if this album does the impossible and becomes my favorite Ye album, in contrast to my current "my favorite is the last one I heard."

PBY

Banned
Nah I didn't see it, but I figured that it was a pretty unfinished version of it. He definitely got a lot right tho in terms of features and lyrics. I wonder if Waves and 30 Hours will ever leak.
This is what he said:
ok i need to talk abuot this

1- he changed every single song..literally he changed them all, to the worse imo
2- my fmous had thugger, and i said before..thugger wrecked the song, he was the greatest part about it, and he removed him and added rihanna
3- FML was different too but not much
4- he removed 30 hours/waves...both amazing songs
5- he changed the f--k out of fade, but still good song (mine is better)
6- he ruined wolves, he moved the intro to outro...he removed sia..he added rap verse and removed his singing verses

he ruined the best thing about each song...i still believe after a week people will call this album great, but i will personally NEVER play his version of wolves/famous over mine...dis f--king respectful

our wolves is islands ahead of his they dont even compare same for famous

oh you didnt hear his version of wolves oh man prepare yourself....

Bronx-Man

Banned
Mau ®;194981046 said:
Take it with a grain of salt. But it would make sense to release at midnight since that's when tracking week starts. No one wants another "lol lol it sold 460 copies" like it happened to Rihanna.

WiUHJGV.png

If it's a midnight release, then we've only got 3 and half hours left.

This is what he said:

1- he changed every single song..literally he changed them all, to the worse imo
2- my fmous had thugger, and i said before..thugger wrecked the song, he was the greatest part about it, and he removed him and added rihanna
6- he ruined wolves, he moved the intro to outro...he removed sia..he added rap verse and removed his singing verses

he ruined the best thing about each song...i still believe after a week people will call this album great, but i will personally NEVER play his version of wolves/famous over mine...dis f--king respectful

damn...wolves and thugga's famous (can never get enough of a good young thug melody) sounds really interesting.

why doesn't that dude just leak his version.

Hold on....Wolves isn't even finished? This fucking Kanye guy man...how the hell is he going to announce the album's release date when it was never going to happen anyway? That's some straight up bullshit.

If he's actually delaying it, well shit...i'ma go ahead and download the live versions of the event, because i just want to hear it now. While he's at it, add even more songs then.

This is what he said:

Where do people get these copies? Where do they leak? Can us regular mortals download them??

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Hold on....Wolves isn't even finished? This fucking Kanye guy man...how the hell is he going to announce the album's release date when it was never going to happen anyway? That's some straight up bullshit.

If he's actually delaying it, well shit...i'ma go ahead and download the live versions of the event, because i just want to hear it now. While he's at it, add even more songs then.
He never announced TLOP's release date tho.

Ran rp

This is what he said:

if the cdq isn't better this needs to be leaked

He never announced TLOP's release date tho.

He didn't? Back when it was still called Swish, i recall a tweet or article saying the 11th was the release date of the album. Hnmmmm...odd.

See I feel the same way as you wish young thug. Also future I don't understand him but they love him here on gaf ?

Man i don't even know, but yeah, plenty of folks think highly of both and i'll never understand why. All Future does is use autotune in a very bad way, talking stupid gibberish and i honestly believe anyone can 'sing' using autotune like that. Thug? Apparently they call him a human instrument but i say that instrument needs some fine tuning badly, good lord. If i didn't know any better i thought i was listening to a person with a mental ilness trying to sing. That's just how i see it.

But we all enjoy different shit at the end of the day.

Dragun619

Looking at Twitter pics on #YeezySeason3.

It seems Jay Z, Kid Cudi, and Frank Ocean we're there. Kinda surprised to see Wale and 50 Cent there too.

Dragnet

Yeah people just let the hype get to them.

He literally put the album title next to a date. Pre-orders via his actual site say it's dropping tomorrow.

He should just release a build-your-own version at this point. Pick your fave version of whatever song.

He literally put the album title next to a date. Pre-orders via his actual site say it's dropping tomorrow.

He should just release a build-your-own version at this point. Pick your fave version of whatever song.

See, i knew i didn't misread that. Highly unusual how all this shit is going for a album.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
That had to be an unfinished mix played out of order, because I refuse to believe Freestyle 4 is anything but that THEY WANT THE OLD KANYE song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom