• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
Well damn. This is gonna be some great cover artwork then.
Yeah, the paintings are stunning. I think they'd fit something more dark and atmospheric then what we've heard of the album so far though (except Wolves I guess), none of those pictures look like a collection of party bangers. Then again, with the 3 act structure he's going for we might get some wildly differing sounds on the album. All I know is I am ridiculously hyped!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Someone from KTT thinks they've worked out that artist Davis Moses will be doing the cover. He just signed the notebook page and his art would fit the Waves title. It's actually a pretty convincing post, check it out. http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4521177.0
So dope if this works out.

KTT also thinks Drake signed the latest one, as the "AG":

12547583_100199123700651_1428028692_n.jpg

solarus

Having cudi back with ye again alone makes me know this is gonna be a classic ;;
That 3 second snippet alone gave me chills, and lawd at the weeknd snippet. All of the snippets have been flames, my only disappointment still is that nmpila is on the album. I need to stop spoiling my first listen.
Not sure if this was posted yet but snippet from waves (Can U Be?): https://soundcloud.com/brmmr/waves

^I linked it before and man this was my most anticipated song until I heard the cudi snippet. Whew.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Drake's new track is straight up trash. I need Yeezy to bless us with that Waves singles to get over that OVO garbage.

FZZ

Banned
So no single?

Jesus fucking christ man, can they at least be consistent with one thing pertaining to this album.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Welcome to Heartbreak is his best song

get outta here

No doubt one of his best songs.

808s and Heartbreak is one of his best albums IMO. I don't do Kanye rankings because they're all great sans Yeezus (which is OK IMO) but 808s is at the top of the list for me and Welcome to Heartbreak is one of my favorite Kanye songs.

The year it dropped, how Hip Hop was changing and what was going on in his life you can hear the emotion in his lyrics.

It's a damn good song. But damn... emotions? With all that auto tune I really can't really hear that. Not that I mind the auto tune in this album though. He at least used it properly, which can't be said of most fools nowadays.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's a damn good song. But damn... emotions? With all that auto tune I really can't really hear that. Not that I mind the auto tune in this album though. He at least used it properly, which can't be said of most fools nowadays.

That's kind of what I love about it. Auto tune was the shit at the time with T-Pain dropping bangers after bangers. I look at the context of the hip hop game at the time and Kanye was obviously using auto-tune but it still doesn't take away from the lyrics and melodic beats Kanye was using at the time.

Young Jeezy, Kanye West - I Put On

That was a specific era in hip hop with Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Young Jeezy etc. and Kanye was leading the charge.

That's kind of what I love about it. Auto tune was the shit at the time with T-Pain dropping bangers after bangers. I look at the context of the hip hop game at the time and Kanye was obviously using auto-tune but it still doesn't take away from the lyrics and melodic beats Kanye was using at the time.

That was a specific era in hip hop with Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Young Jeezy etc. and Kanye was leading the charge.

wow. classic song from the JZA.

Very true. Although I have heard very little Wayne from that era and the same goes for T-Pain, but I do know they and Kanye did it right. The usage of auto tune these days is absolutely terrible. You can barely understand what they are saying and I find it so bad that even I could probably use some auto tune, talk some gibberish on the mic and people are gonna love it. In many ways I don't understand today's mainstream music, especially when it comes to that.

I can still now listen to 808s and Heartbreak from beginning to end and enjoy it a lot but in general thanks to how it's being mistreated by idiots, I've started to hate auto tune.

Tickets are on sale now at tickets.kanyewest.com internationally only. Tickets for the US and Canada will apparently be up soon with an album pre-order.

Tyler's the newest name on the legal pad list.

Sorry I don't have any links for it, but I'm in class and URLs are cumbersome on mobile.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
From Ye's twitter

CaIzB6fUYAI6BE0.jpg

I'm assuming that's just the event art and not the album cover art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom