• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Yeah, that's what I think too. But it is acceptable only if it is everyday slang. Like if black women don't like black men using it, then we have a problem. But if its widely accepted in their community, sorry white people.

I'm not going to speak on behalf of the black community, but the word bitch has to be in every single hip hop song out right now.

Ok maybe not that much but it is very widely used and almost never gets a second thought

THRILLH0

Banned
^^ this is the same bullshit rationalisation employed by white people who want to use racial slurs as "terms of endearment".

It's a shitty lyric that never should have seen the light of day.

Fjordson

Even if the thing about "bitch" not being an insult were true (wouldn't surprise me if it is true in Kanye's mind) it's still a weird line. There's also the idea that Taylor Swift "owes" him sex lol. Just strange all around.

Ashhong

^^ this is the same bullshit rationalisation employed by white people who want to use racial slurs as "terms of endearment".

It's a shitty lyric that never should have seen the light of day.

I think you just jumped into an entirely different conversation.

This album is freaking fire fam.

giphy.gif

FZZ

Banned
Just realized Kanye saying he's gonna get 100 Grammys means he's gonna drop a shit ton of new records fam

We gon be eating for the rest of our lives

rejoice.png

sephi22

Please. White people calling a black person nigga is wack because of totally different reasons.
Kanye grew up in an environment where this term is commonplace. If black women are okay with this term, I'm not going to take offence on their behalf. And I don't see why Kanye should change his lingo to refer to Taylor just because she's white and not black.

Was it an uncalled for, tasteless jab? Yeah. Was it sexist? Context matters. I'm sorry if I sound ignorant.

Izuna

Banned
Omg I can't sleep. I am still on repeat.

After some "testing" Waves never really fits in the OG 11 track order. Almost every song flows PERFECTLY into the other, and like Yeezus the mood of the album flows nicely. Like, Freestyle 4 after Pt.2 is incredible.

I'm happy that the songs exist, but I can't help but think more people (myself included) would have loved the album faster.

For example:
FML, Real Friends, Wolves
Flow perfectly. But in the original order, they are the only ones that do. I keep hearing these songs resonating with people faster.

I think this album might just be too good for me to handle tbh. I have never reacted to music like this before.

EDIT:

Kanye is consistent. He calls Kim and Taylor both bitch. It's likely a term Kim refers to herself as. Also, he's writing hip-hop, it's the language of the genre. It's not that serious. Taylor Swift knows this. Any disagreement she had was the line about having sex with her.

Surprised no one even dares bring up what he means by "still". Like Taylor is far too good for a bad boy like Kanye, so you don't even go there.

kami_sama

Been listening to it for some time now, and I have to say Super Light Beam is the GOAT.
Tough this comes from someone that almost never listens to Hip-Hop.

Gorthaur

Banned
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Kanye West / The Life of Pablo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR5 -0.18 dB -7.38 dB 5:21 01-Ultralight Beam
DR5 -0.17 dB -7.09 dB 2:16 02-Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1
DR5 -0.19 dB -8.13 dB 2:10 03-Pt. 2
DR3 -0.19 dB -5.35 dB 3:15 04-Famous
DR5 -0.21 dB -7.04 dB 2:36 05-Feedback
DR7 -0.22 dB -10.11 dB 2:12 06-Low Lights
DR4 -0.20 dB -5.83 dB 3:20 07-Highlights
DR3 -0.21 dB -5.10 dB 2:03 08-Freestyle 4
DR9 -0.22 dB -10.93 dB 0:45 09-I Love Kanye
DR5 -0.18 dB -5.99 dB 3:02 10-Waves
DR4 0.00 dB -7.06 dB 3:56 11-FML
DR4 -0.15 dB -5.54 dB 4:11 12-Real Friends
DR4 -0.22 dB -7.07 dB 3:58 13-Wolves
DR10 -1.53 dB -13.74 dB 0:56 14-Silver Surfer Intermission
DR5 -0.21 dB -6.50 dB 5:26 15-30 Hours
DR5 -0.15 dB -5.69 dB 6:14 16-No More Parties In LA
DR4 -0.20 dB -6.38 dB 3:20 17-Facts (Charlie Heat Version)
DR4 -0.21 dB -6.46 dB 3:14 18-Fade

Number of tracks: 18
[B]Official DR value: DR5[/B]

Samplerate: 44100 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 16
Bitrate: 875 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

Is this true? That's awful.

So crafting the best version of Pablo, putting All day and Only one at the end, cutting out Silver Surfer, but two things I don't know

1. 30 Hours- did the soundcloud version have that shit at the end? I really don't like the bullshit of him just yapping away and answering the phone. It's a perfect song until then. I want this version on it.

2. Wolves. He needs to fix it ASAP

E-phonk

Banned
1. 30 Hours- did the soundcloud version have that shit at the end? I really don't like the bullshit of him just yapping away and answering the phone. It's a perfect song until then. I want this version on it.

Yeah, this bothers me as well. Going to cut that off manually

Nabs

So crafting the best version of Pablo, putting All day and Only one at the end, cutting out Silver Surfer, but two things I don't know

2. Wolves. He needs to fix it ASAP

The soundcloud version just had the instrumental play for two minutes or so. It's great.

Code:
Analyzed: Kanye West / The Life of Pablo

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR5 -0.18 dB -7.38 dB 5:21 01-Ultralight Beam
DR5 -0.17 dB -7.09 dB 2:16 02-Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1
DR5 -0.19 dB -8.13 dB 2:10 03-Pt. 2
DR3 -0.19 dB -5.35 dB 3:15 04-Famous
DR5 -0.21 dB -7.04 dB 2:36 05-Feedback
DR7 -0.22 dB -10.11 dB 2:12 06-Low Lights
DR4 -0.20 dB -5.83 dB 3:20 07-Highlights
DR3 -0.21 dB -5.10 dB 2:03 08-Freestyle 4
DR9 -0.22 dB -10.93 dB 0:45 09-I Love Kanye
DR5 -0.18 dB -5.99 dB 3:02 10-Waves
DR4 0.00 dB -7.06 dB 3:56 11-FML
DR4 -0.15 dB -5.54 dB 4:11 12-Real Friends
DR4 -0.22 dB -7.07 dB 3:58 13-Wolves
DR10 -1.53 dB -13.74 dB 0:56 14-Silver Surfer Intermission
DR5 -0.21 dB -6.50 dB 5:26 15-30 Hours
DR5 -0.15 dB -5.69 dB 6:14 16-No More Parties In LA
DR4 -0.20 dB -6.38 dB 3:20 17-Facts (Charlie Heat Version)
DR4 -0.21 dB -6.46 dB 3:14 18-Fade

Number of tracks: 18
[B]Official DR value: DR5[/B]

Samplerate: 44100 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 16
Bitrate: 875 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

Is this true? That's awful.
Isn't the album supposedly still getting mixed and mastered after the Tidal release? If so, it could get better.

Wtf is up with those tweets? Why would you put that all in the open about 25m debt? Why not send a private message to folks he's asking for money? Also, how exactly did he get a debt of 25m? Is he really that much of a big spender? I mean, doesn't his music sell crazy and I thought the Kardashians weren't exactly poor neither.

FZZ

Banned
Wtf is up with those tweets? Why would you put that all in the open about 25m debt? Why not send a private message to folks he's asking for money? Also, how exactly did he get a debt of 25m? Is he really that much of a big spender? I mean, doesn't his music sell crazy and I thought the Kardashians weren't exactly poor neither.

53m debt

most likely from getting into fashion

53m debt

most likely from getting into fashion

Daaaaaaamn, holy crap. At times I think to myself how nice it would be to be that famous and rich, not having to worry about money and things in general. But clearly it's never that black and white. Unless of course you keep it 100% on the music and spend your money wisely. But I can't judge on that, maybe I'd be a crazy spender too if I was rich.

Hope he sorts it all out, had no idea it was that bad. As for what Rhymefest said, it would not surprise me. Let's not forget that Kanye has been saying countless of weird things on Twitter but also in general really. I am sure we all remember his weird ass Cosby tweet. All kinds of messed up. At the end of the day with all the crazy stuff I do believe he's a good dude and I hope he gets it sorted.

Holy shit at Kanye's Twitter. The guy is totally unhinged. Marrying into the Kardashian family probably wasn't the best idea for him. Those fuckers aren't going to be any help.

Swag

Debt from the fashion industry, iirc when he was starting up before getting the ADIDAS deal he was doing quite a bit of research and planning which was accruing him high costs.

That being said, I don't think him being 53m in debt is something to be too worried about, I'm sure between him and Kim they'll be able to pay that money back. World Tour for TLOP incoming most probably.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
On his famous " You aint got the answers" interview with Sway he was talking about how much money he had to spend to even get his foot into the fashion world.

So yeah he is investing a lot of his money to create something with lasting value, if it works out. But he isn't going broke anytime soon, no need to worry about that.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I suspect Kanye is bipolar. His twitter rants resemble a manic outburst, especially the latest one.

'Feel Like That' was pretty telling. I thought it was a really moving track, shame he didn't put it out.

gamz

If he's really 53M in debt he really needs some business smarts.

Getting into the clothes biz is a losing venture. At least he's got the KK fortune.

Debt from the fashion industry, iirc when he was starting up before getting the ADIDAS deal he was doing quite a bit of research and planning which was accruing him high costs.

That being said, I don't think him being 53m in debt is something to be too worried about, I'm sure between him and Kim they'll be able to pay that money back. World Tour for TLOP incoming most probably.

Damn. Basically he was being a bit too ambitious about it without really looking into the financial risks.

This may not concern Kanye anymore, but I've always believed that a rapper or artist in general for that matter has no worries when he blows up but that's far from the truth. The other day I saw a documentary called Rhyme and Reason and the business side of this industry was explained about how little money the artist actually gets, how they get money from the record label to buy shit, organize parties and such, but at the end of the day it's all a loan. It was easy to see that this industry is far from just and games and pleasures.

Ashhong

The album will release on iTunes eventually. Do Apple specify that music has to be a certain sound quality for an iTunes release?

Absolutely not. The quality of the mix is on the artist and his engineers. That being said, I highly doubt they mixing is going to change. He will probably fix wolves and make small other edits similar to Yeezus

Swag

Damn. Basically he was being a bit too ambitious about it without really looking into the financial risks.
I'm sure there was quite a bit of financial analysis that went into it, but like previously mentioned in the thread, Kanye's brand power is massive, so it's quite easy as a creditor to justify loaning him large sums of money because of his ability to pay it back. For instance, Collabo album with Drake + world tour = $$$$$$

Make it happen Kanye

Koozek

Never knew this one. From the All Day video:

Kanye West - Feel Like That

While you're fast asleep, do you experience nervousness or shakiness inside, weakness or dizziness? The idea that so much can control your thoughts. Lost in your thoughts. Trouble remembering things, feeling easily annoyed and irritated. Afraid of open spaces, going in public. Thoughts of ending your life. Feelings that most people could not be trusted before I had that type of heart, chest pains?

I feel like this
I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like that all the time
I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like that
Feel like that all the time

Do you feel tempered outbursts, that you cannot control? Feeling lonely, even when you are with people, feeling locked. Feeling a little sad, feeling disinterested in things, feeling fearful. Are your feelings easily hurt? Remember that people are unfriendly, or do you feel like people dislike you?

I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like that

Do you have trouble falling asleep? Nausea, upset stomach, pop those pills? Numbness, tingling across your body, trouble catchin' your breath?

I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like that
I feel like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom