• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Another note on this - in some ways I find this album darker than Yeezus. The sound obviously isnt as oppressive, but to me Yeezus felt like Kanye dabbling with a dark sound the way one might dabble with cocaine. It was angry and brash and heavy, but in an intentional way - Kanye was in control, and he was choosing to channel is anger in that way.

This feels like the darkness isn't a choice - its just fucking there. When he's rapping about his manic episodes and lexapro, this isn't a couple of dark hours in a club - its his whole existence.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2m4lBkL.jpg
update for preorder folks

Another note on this - in some ways I find this album darker than Yeezus. The sound obviously isnt as oppressive, but to me Yeezus felt like Kanye dabbling with a dark sound the way one might dabble with cocaine. It was angry and brash and heavy, but in an intentional way - Kanye was in control, and he was choosing to channel is anger in that way.

This feels like the darkness isn't a choice - its just fucking there. When he's rapping about his manic episodes and lexapro, this isn't a couple of dark hours in a club - its his whole existence.

This album sounds like someone's experience hitting rock bottom and getting help through his family and religion.

Courage

Fuck man, that's so true.

j-wood

I wonder if the retail release goes back to 10 tracks and cuts the stuff after wolves and/or makes the album more cohesive.

Barrage

Signed up to Tidal. Yeezy got me.

It'll take me some listens to form a concrete opinion (it took 2 days before I liked Yeezus, a week before I loved it, now I think it's phenomenal) but my essential feeling is that everything here is good, there should just be more of it. It definently does not feel cohesive- to me, Feedback-I Love Kanye might as well be a mixtape. Every song in that section feels incomplete in some way.

Still, tho...FML. GOT DAMN. I haven't seen enough love for Facts-that hit me like a fucking hammer. 30 Hours instantly became a Road Trip staple. Fade is dope. And FML, again...It might be my favourite Kanye track ever. We'll see.

EDIT: I feel like i'm crazy-to me, the Bonus Tracks ARE THE ALBUM.

Am I the only one that still has not signed up for Tidal?

I'm somehow still living in this world, asking people for change as I stay hungry and thirsty...

J-Roderton

Tidal.com won't play any songs and the android app keeps saying im not subscribed even though I've already put in my cc and shit. Im done. Clearly I'm not meant to hear this fucking album.

PBY

Banned
Signed up to Tidal. Yeezy got me.

It'll take me some listens to form a concrete opinion (it took 2 days before I liked Yeezus, a week before I loved it, now I think it's phenomenal) but my essential feeling is that everything here is good, there should just be more of it. It definently does not feel cohesive- to me, Feedback-I Love Kanye might as well be a mixtape. Every song in that section feels incomplete in some way.

Still, tho...FML. GOT DAMN. I haven't seen enough love for Facts-that hit me like a fucking hammer. 30 Hours instantly became a Road Trip staple. Fade is dope. And FML, again...It might be my favourite Kanye track ever. We'll see.

EDIT: I feel like i'm crazy-to me, the Bonus Tracks ARE THE ALBUM.

Facts was unlistenable to me

Know it fucking bumps. Not sure how that happened

Tidal.com won't play any songs and the android app keeps saying im not subscribed even though I've already put in my cc and shit. Im done. Clearly I'm not meant to hear this fucking album.

Had the same issue yesterday. Give it sometime and then do a sign up through the web portal on a computer... and once you get that up and running... log out of the app and force quit it on android. Load it up and log back in. It should work.

For some reason it shits the bed when you sign up through the app.

After listening to the album for a day now I am convinced that 30 Hours and Wolves are the best tracks. FML is good too. Don't think the first half of the album is catchy. But Ultralight Beam is a good opener.

Dabanton

Listened to this album like 20 times now and it had me from the first proper listen. I been listening to it with headphones on and over my sound system I love all the small details.

I try not to get involved in what album is 'best' conversations, as an artist Kanye is always interesting and all his albums to me are solid.

This one feels like he has pulled back slightly from the total electro sound on Yeezus and has softened it a bit with gospel flourishes. I love it.

J-Roderton

Had the same issue yesterday. Give it sometime and then do a sign up through the web portal on a computer... and once you get that up and running... log out of the app and force quit it on android. Load it up and log back in. It should work.

For some reason it shits the bed when you sign up through the app.

Did that and now it says my card is declining like it did with the app. Wow....Im going through this much crap just to listen to an album?

How else can I listen to this shit??

Draper

The whole album feels like an internal and external struggle for love, but failing to grasp it.

How do I find you?
Who do you turn to?
How do I bind you?

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
This new version of FACTS is fire. A shame that it's one of the only tracks that Kanye is rapping on for more than 30 seconds
3w2MWDX.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This Facts rework is nuts. Like they turned a piece of shit into a diamond.

Can't wait to hear Famous, Feedback, Facts and Fade playing at parties

Wabba

Just wait for the Kanye troll, he releases the new version of Wolves, its the same with no Sia or Vic just a lower raping voice.

Okay I'm loving this it's brilliant

At times its complete chaos but it's kinda controlled chaos other times it's stripped back and bare (FML) it's one hell of a ride

I've said it before but the flow from Waves to Wolves is fantastic

If we're really getting another version then we gon be eating for days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom