• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon giving it a few days, it's his worst album. Could have been his best if it was actually finished. Now I'm disappointed that we'll never get what could have been at all. (And if we don't want to pay for shitty tidal, we don't even get the half done version)

Being a Kanye fan sucks now.
I heard today from someone that they got a message from Tidal saying they where streaming the incomplete version or some shit? That + Kanye tweeting that he's gonna fix Wolves makes me think that it's gonna be at least tinkered with by the time it's really "out" and not just a Tidal exclusive.

Or maybe I'm just delusional from STARVATION.

JackEtc

I've never watched on of Fantanos videos and don't get why every one of his reviews shoots to the top of /r/hhh and get so much discussion.

What's the big deal about him? Why is he important? Honest question, why is he so popular?

Owari

He's already said so himself

Why are people surprised
Because usually he'll attack everyone but he'll never go for the fans. This is truly his Metallica moment. He should have never ripped the Yeezus logo from them now greed is all he can think about.

FZZ

Banned
Because usually he'll attack everyone but he'll never go for the fans. This is truly his Metallica moment. He should have never ripped the Yeezus logo from them now greed is all he can think about.

How did he go at his fans?

You talking about the white people comment?

nib95

Banned
Needledrop TLOP review
6/10

dead.png

Higher than I expected from him tbh. Some of the lyrics that he's complaining about here were clearly tongue and cheek from Kanye. Not meant to be taken seriously and just him having a good time. Hell that asshole line had me laughing, which presumably was the intended response. My guess is it's something that actually happened to him and he thought it would be a random and hilarious point of interest. I highly doubt Ye expected people's minds to be blown or for them to seek deeper narrative. Though it was most definitely really random.

On a side note, the video has been removed?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't worry guys he took it down, obviously redacting his score and giving this album the 10 it deserves

Rembrandt

Banned
GAF out here closing all the Kanye threads.

I've never watched on of Fantanos videos and don't get why every one of his reviews shoots to the top of /r/hhh and get so much discussion.

What's the big deal about him? Why is he important? Honest question, why is he so popular?

I disagree with his scores sometimes, but he's knowledgeable about music and not in a pretentious way.

Champagne

Banned
Higher than I expected from him tbh. Some of the lyrics that he's complaining about here were clearly tongue and cheek from Kanye. Not meant to be taken seriously and just him having a good time. Hell that asshole line had me laughing, which presumably was the intended response. My guess is it's something that actually happened to him and he thought it would be a random and hilarious point of interest. I highly doubt Ye expected people's minds to be blown or for them to seek deeper narrative. Though it was most definitely really random.

On a side note, the video has been removed?
Anthony doesn't seem to comprehend that music can be humorous.

He spends a little too much time jerking himself to the latest, best super hardcore and serious metal album

213372bu

Banned

Probably for the best.

GAF gets pissy when Kanye is mentioned, and spamming everything he tweets on OT is pushing the blowback.

We already got people saying the entire album is gutter trash, no need to lock up everything Kanye into a "garbage OT" like they use to with lots of stuff in the 00's.

JackEtc

I disagree with his scores sometimes, but he's knowledgeable about music and not in a pretentious way.

Ive never watched his vids but read a lot of comments concerning his reviews on here and reddit, and I would think that he'd be really pretentious. But interesting I'll maybe give him a try if you say he isn't.

Owari

How did he go at his fans?

You talking about the white people comment?
By "releasing" a half cooked album? By not releasing the album, ever? When people already bought it? When tidal is a complete joke and always has been?

He has literally made it impossible to support him unless you want to pay $9.99 a month for a dog shit service and people think he didn't bite at the fans. Smh.

Owari

Avatar updated to reflect today's tweets. It'll go back if we get a physical and Kanye treats fans with some fucking respect.

213372bu

Banned
He wrote his review in the other thread:

Damn.

I totally could careless if somebody doesn't like the album, or even thinks it's the worst album of the decade, but coming in the OT with a 0/10 and no explanation is sad as hell.

I knew this guy has been prone to shit posting and drive-by posts, but this just confirms he's just a troll.

213372bu

Banned
So should I get on Tidal? I want to listen but ... don't want to steal yo.

What are the chances this is out on iTunes/Apple Music Friday?
There's still a high chance you'll be able to buy the album.

You'll probably be able to buy the album from Tidal/Kanye's site and go along as usual.

Owari

So should I get on Tidal? I want to listen but ... don't want to steal yo.

What are the chances this is out on iTunes/Apple Music Friday?
Judging by his tweets today, it'll never come to iTunes or music.

There's still a high chance you'll be able to buy the album.

You'll probably be able to buy the album from Tidal/Kanye's site and go along as usual.

Why do people keep saying this? He said it would "never never never" be released.

Skatterd

...is Kanye seriously complaining about the Pitchfork review? It's their highest reviewed album this year? And he's complaining about the recognition they gave to rap music? The last two album of the years there were To Pimp a Butterfly and Run the Jewels 2....and both of those albums are better than Pablo (even though I like it a lot). Sorry.

Then again Kanye's probably just being a troll and working me into a shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom