• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

i don't hate it, honestly. it's not very good but i like the color used. he could've done something better with the photo, though.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I guess I'll spend a day in Illustrator and Photoshop making my own album cover, cause ain't no fuckin way I'm gonna have that shit on my phone/tv/laptop.

/album cover snobbery
I need your help with something photoshop and work related that should take you like five minutes. Can I PM you this weekend?

Thewonandonly

You guys tried, but no. This is the worst album art ever. Not even close.

Right like are we sure this is the cover because its so fucking shitty that I couldn't mentally phantom how someone so influencale in music and rich. Can have such a shitty cover. My cousins mixtape cover is hotter then this ;)

joelseph

Ca9XF0EWEAApIbG.jpg

:?

Stare at it and let your focus blur. It's a sailboat.

DSC_0198.jpg

NotLiquid

Graduation > All

Though I will admit Yeezus has that sleek feel to it which kind of works with how unorthodox the rest of the album is.

I figured the album cover would be something involving nostalgic hindsight due to the No More Parties / Real Friends single covers and Kanye playing up family as some important point. I preferred how Little Dragon did that concept with Ritual Union though and heck even they used marriage photos specifically.

I have to wonder what the cover art would have been if he stuck with Swish or Waves.

Maybe he'll announce a new album name at this stream🤔

Ok guys please help me out here.

I started Tidal on my PC, i then click (visit) at the Kanye picture and then it opens another browser and shows Yeezy Season 3, on the lower side of the page i see Try Tidal Now. I assume it all starts live on that page at 4?

Can someone do a parody of that album cover, but the text be 'BILL COSBY INNOCENT !!!!!!!' and post it like oh not sure on the new cover Kanye!

Like it'd be a passable joke but I fear it might take a bit more effort than is worth it. Feel free to question that.

Catvoca

Banned
LOOOOOOOOOL

I kinda like it though. It'll become iconic in time, just watch.
Depends on how good the album is. If people love it then they'll say it's great
like weirdos do with the Yeezus cover :p
but if the albums wack it'll be the joke it is now.

Bubba T

Can someone do a parody of that album cover, but the text be 'BILL COSBY INNOCENT !!!!!!!' and post it like oh not sure on the new cover Kanye!

Like it'd be a passable joke but I fear it might take a bit more effort than is worth it. Feel free to question that.

The album cover is a parody of good album covers

collige

Banned
What did you like about Yeezus artwork if you don't mind me asking?

I thought it was just general album rankings, not album art. That said, I do like the minimal aspect of it. It's instantly recognizable, more so that any of his other album covers.

Catvoca

Banned
I thought it was just general album rankings, not album art. That said, I do like the minimal aspect of it. It's instantly recognizable, more so that any of his other album covers.

Oh sorry, got confused since we were ranking album art. I guess it is eye catching in a strange way.

Yeezus was just as rushed if not more so, so if you like that I wouldn't be too worried
I really hope I like it more then Yeezus

Also, best 808's song is Say You Will, followed by maybe Paranoid? That whole album doesn't have a bad track really, t's second only to MBDTF for me and they are very close.

What a day, I'm not alone in the universe.

breakfuss

I'll fucking fight you. Probably his best album cover second only to Blackstar.

What a shitshow of an album rollout. Shitty cover, shitty tweets, shitty snippets. At this point I hope the album is less awful then "Drunk & Hot girls."

I'm hoping it's great for all the reasons you listed. Almost like it has to be. I can't imagine he'd do all this shit and have the music suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom