• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
Dumb Kanye lyrics are a part of the game though:

"Have you ever had sex with a pharoah? Put the pussy in a sarcophagus."

"In a French-ass restaurant. Hurry up with my damn croissants! I am a God."

Edit: damn it I got beat with the croissants line

Pussy in a sarcophagus is good dumb Kanye lyrics. That croissant one is not. Yeezus is full of garbage Kanye lyrics. It bothers me every time I hear "Keep it 300 like the Romans".

Real talk: the screams in that first SNL performance of Black Skinhead are so much fucking better than the album version we got. They're so raw and angry. Pretty sure someone edited those into studio version at some point.

hughesta

Banned
Fixed it for you ;)

Na I respect your opinion haha going threw this thread made me realize their are a lot of good songs on yeezus. Just every time I think about that album I am a god comes up. Might have to give it another listen tho.
I definitely recommend giving Yeezus another few goes. HML is one of his most beautiful songs, and I'm In It is one of his hardest.

New Slaves - HML - I'm In It - Blood On The Leaves - Guilt Trip is one of the best five song runs of all time.

Thewonandonly

Pussy in a sarcophagus is good dumb Kanye lyrics. That croissant one is not. Yeezus is full of garbage Kanye lyrics. It bothers me every time I hear "Keep it 300 like the Romans".

The pussy in a sarcophagus is a dope line. Same as 300 in the since of that song which is easily the best on yeezus.

Catvoca

Banned
The pussy in a sarcophagus is a dope line. Same as 300 in the since of that song which is easily the best on yeezus.

In what world is "Keep it 300 like the Romans" a good line? It's a shitty, incorrect line that's there just to rhyme with Trojans. The song's good, but everytime I hear it that line bothers me. Probably more then it should really, but I'm studying history and he needs to get his shit correct.

YaBish

Real talk: the screams in that first SNL performance of Black Skinhead are so much fucking better than the album version we got. They're so raw and angry. Pretty sure someone edited those into studio version at some point.
Truth. It seems a little weird in the studio version. Love Black Skinhead though. Every time they play the beat at my school's football games it gets everybody hyped up.

Anth0ny

are you not a fan of "eating asian pussy all I need was sweet and sour sauce"?

Thewonandonly

In what world is "Keep it 300 like the Romans" a good line? It's a shitty, incorrect line that's there just to rhyme with Trojans. The song's good, but everytime I hear it that line bothers me. Probably more then it should really, but I'm studying history and he needs to get his shit correct.

I can see as a historian how that would bother the hell out of you. Usually I'm to busy jamming out to the amazing beat to really care haha

are you not a fan of "eating asian pussy all I need was sweet and sour sauce"?

This and "I don't need your pussy bitch I'm on my own dick" are easily some of my favorite kanye lyrics :)

Fixed it for you ;)

Na I respect your opinion haha going threw this thread made me realize their are a lot of good songs on yeezus. Just every time I think about that album I am a god comes up. Might have to give it another listen tho.

I like Yeezus, but every song other than Black Skinhead and New Slaves has something about it that bugs me a little bit.

Not a huge fan of On Sight's beat. I Am a God has those screams at the end. Hold My Liquor has this screech at the end of every line. Bound 2's sample sounds like crying children at times. And so on.

Something about the album always feels "off" to me as a result of all that, I think.

Thewonandonly

Question guys wasnt the cover of The life of apple (I think) sapose to be the pic of kanyes twitter where he has a sword going threw his head. Always thought that pic was super dope.

This right here
N_eNSBXi.jpg

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I like Yeezus, but every song other than Black Skinhead and New Slaves has something about it that bugs me a little bit.

Not a huge fan of On Sight's beat. I Am a God has those screams at the end. Hold My Liquor has this screech at the end of every line. Bound 2's sample sounds like crying children at times. And so on.

Something about the album always feels "off" to me as a result of all that, I think.
What about blood on the leaves

hughesta

Banned
Question guys wasnt the cover of The life of apple (I think) sapose to be the pic of kanyes twitter where he has a sword going threw his head. Always thought that pic was super dope.
hahahaha

that's one of the alt covers for Twisted Fantasy. The Life Of Apple cover hasn't been revealed.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
So I can watch the premier on Tidal without an account ? Any news when the album will drop then? today or not

Its purposely mean to be incorrect. Adds to the whole "black people are still viewed as ignorant black people regardless of success / status" by being ignorant. IMO.

Or it refers to the 300 members of the senate that ran the Roman Empire. Either way it gets me so hype when I hear it.

"Keep it 300 like the Romans" trips people up because the puzzle in that line is that the roman numerals for "300" is "CCC", which stands for "cool, calm, and collected"

I like the non-sequitur of the croissant line into "I am a God" though. Silly as fuck.

Catvoca

Banned
"Keep it 300 like the Romans" trips people up because the puzzle in that line is that the roman numerals for "300" is "CCC", which stands for "cool, calm, and collected"

I've seen that theory but I'm not sure that was intended. Seems like people stretching tbh. Could be wrong though.

Its purposely mean to be incorrect. Adds to the whole "black people are still viewed as ignorant black people regardless of success / status" by being ignorant. IMO.

Or it refers to the 300 members of the senate that ran the Roman Empire. Either way it gets me so hype when I hear it.

I could see it being purposefully incorrect. I feel like Kanye just wrote it because he liked rhyming Romans and Trojans though. I doubt he was like "Oh, I gotta reference the senate that ran the Roman Empire". I guess there's a chance he didn't write that line as well. Either way, I think it sticks out on the song in a bad way,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom