• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

cacophony

i dont even think ive ever listened to 808s in full. i know i wouldn't be into it so i dont bother. i cant do that emotional music

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i dont even think ive ever listened to 808s in full. i know i wouldn't be into it so i dont bother. i cant do that emotional music
*takes away Stan card*

I think you would appreciate it for the production alone. Still by far the strongest point of the album.

Amazing and Welcome To Heartbreak are legendary Ye beats.

DominoKid

Pretty sure Cruel Summer leaked. It wasn't digital first.

Kanye should do digital first for this again. I'll be buying retail, but I'm totally okay with that.

idk the logistics of setting it up, but if youre not offering an album stream/youtube playlist on that Mon/Tues the week before release then you're behind the game. control the leak instead of letting some shit rip get out and people make opinions off of an inferior product. and that goes for every artist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
idk the logistics of setting it up, but if youre not offering an album stream/youtube playlist on that Mon/Tues the week before release then you're behind the game. control the leak instead of letting some shit rip get out and people make opinions off of an inferior product. and that goes for every artist.
I think Cruel Summer just ran out of time. They kinda hit a wall and had to release it.

But your 100% right and I agree with you. I remember the Linkin Park guys getting really pissed at their album leaking, but only cause people were hearing it out of order and shit. Musicians that acknowledge leaks are taking the first step, the second is controlling them.

I think the iTunes streams for Daft Punk and Justin Timberlake were pretty dam successful, and I think Kanyes would be too.

Macca

There was a thread about dudes abstaining masturbating until the album came off, when they would finally nut for the first time in weeks.

..yeah...
G1cMbNY.png

Am I the only person that just enjoyed all of his albums without feeling the need to rank them? Parent's aren't supposed to have a favorite child and you shouldn't pick a favorite Yeezy album either.

SKINNER!

Banned
Never understood why School Spirit is considered the weakest track on College Dropout because it's got some of my favourite lines.

Told 'em I finished school, and I started my own business
They say, 'Oh you graduated?'
No, I decided I was finished
Chasin' y'all dreams and what you've got planned
Now I spit it so hot you got tanned
Back to school and I hate it there, I hate it there
Everything I want I gotta wait a year, I wait a year
This - graduated at the top of my class..
I went to Cheesecake, he was a motherfuckin' waiter there

...wow!

I also have a soft spot for Hey Mama.

Best opening/intro song? I think that Graduation is the winner in this category.

Dark Fantasy for me.

SKINNER!

Banned

Man! That was good! Never heard that before. Thanks!

School Spirit is the best song on College Dropout. Who the hell thinks its the worst?

I know! The track doesn't get a lot of love around my peers. It's such a great, mellow track to walk to plus I just love mouthing "School spirit motherfuckaaaa!" when it starts. Wish Kanye would re-release College Dropout on CD with the uncensored version. Come on Aretha Franklin :(

EDIT: wow, just heard Monster on the shuffle (Haven't heard it in a while) and forgot how Nicki Minaj kills it on the track.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's literally the only lupe related thing I have liked since the cool, which is depressing since I was a huge fan of his first two albums. Dude fell off the deep end *runs from recon*
I thought F&L2 was at least a return to form after Lasers, thought nowhere near F&L or The Cool.

Galang

Banned
Nuts about a Burial contribution. I wonder how he scored that.

I'm really pleasantly surprised Burial agreed to working with him. This is one of the last collabs I would have ever expected considering how selective Burial is with his collaborations.

Top Bottom