• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yes Cruel Summer leaked.

And speaking of Zomby and Burial, never heard of them until today. How up your own ass do you need to be to not work with Kanye West if given the opportunity.
Sounds like above average overproduced electronica shit on youtube that a teenager would make over a weekend. Also who gives a shit?

That gif is about to give me a seizure. I hope side-by-side captioned animated gifs don't take off because it took me about 30 seconds to figure it out and even after that it made me dizzy. Literally.
I haven't checked out stuff from either of them, but it's pretty clear "wow Kanye's doing a record with ______"? in this thread in is filled in mostly with those two, so yeah they must have some sort of fanbase. Even more than Will.

Tokubetsu

I haven't checked out stuff from either of them, but it's pretty clear "wow Kanye's doing a record with ______"? in this thread in is filled in mostly with those two, so yeah they must have some sort of fanbase. Even more than Will.

To be fair, a big part of it is their personas are deliberately "mysterious." Zomby for example wears a mask in public/photoshoots or obscures his face and his twitter is filled with just bs boasts and stoned ramblings most of the time.

Shit like this:
https://twitter.com/ZombyMusic/status/339883505989320704/photo/1

Burial is very low key but in less of a dickhead way. Doesn't really do press, photo shooots etc. He just drops music every once in awhile.

So it's kind of a big deal for them to have potentially worked with Kanye.

Galang

Banned
Yes Cruel Summer leaked.

And speaking of Zomby and Burial, never heard of them until today. How up your own ass do you need to be to not work with Kanye West if given the opportunity.
Sounds like above average overproduced electronica shit on youtube that a teenager would make over a weekend. Also who gives a shit?

That gif is about to give me a seizure. I hope side-by-side captioned animated gifs don't take off because it took me about 30 seconds to figure it out and even after that it made me dizzy. Literally.

Lots of people wouldn't work with an artist at that popularity. A big chunk of producers prefer to keep low profiles. And actually both Burial and Zomby are about as anonymous as you get. Burial only releasing one picture of himself and Zomby wears masks when he performs... The pictures of him without one have him pretty hidden also.

EDIT: Beaten, but glad it was cleared up.

Fry

Naw.. didn't really follow Yeezy during the 808's period. But, I was all about Paraonoid and Heartless. Love that shit. I'll definitely give that dvd a look though. Storytellers, right?

Yup. Mine arrived last week.

iAhDsUnwS0r8J.jpg

ibbd7Z3KdXqGeE.jpg

i3NQaQ3EqEsG1.jpg

Well worth my money.

Yes Cruel Summer leaked.

Someone is up their own ass if they don't want to work with kanye? Hahaha

You know he isn't god right?

DominoKid

Burial's decent. Zomby's nothing special though.

Dali

Interesting. I wonder why this is being done?

Kanye has that legit anti-leak technology, man. I want to go into this album blind, anyway. I did my best to do that with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and plan to do it with this one.
Should read "new album cometh".

Ragus

Banned
The problem with Cruel Summer for me was the fact, that I knew 5 out of 6 good songs from it before it had even released.

DominoKid

listening to MBDTF right now, all the way through of course. the only way to listen to it.

i really hope there's something on Yeezus as amazing and special on the first listen as Blame Game. the whole time i was sitting there with the weebey.gif face.
the ping-ponging vocals of the conversation, the spoken word shit, "Yeezy Taught Me." shit is ice cold. it'd be #1 on my list of the best kanye songs.

Ragus

Banned
Word, Blame Game is something else. Would love to hear it live.

Btw. If it is allowed to show yeezy merchandise in this thread, then I'd like to show you 2 custom made shirts which I got a week ago.

Yamibito

Haha oh wow

Acorn

Word, Blame Game is something else. Would love to hear it live.

Btw. If it is allowed to show yeezy merchandise in this thread, then I'd like to show you 2 custom made shirts which I got a week ago.

I like the white bear tee.

PBY

Banned
listening to MBDTF right now, all the way through of course. the only way to listen to it.

i really hope there's something on Yeezus as amazing and special on the first listen as Blame Game. the whole time i was sitting there with the weebey.gif face.
the ping-ponging vocals of the conversation, the spoken word shit, "Yeezy Taught Me." shit is ice cold. it'd be #1 on my list of the best kanye songs.

DK with the flawless taste.

solarus

Yup, first time listening to blame game was really a wow moment. I know that song never got leaked but in general i need to stop listening to leaked tracks off of albums i'm excited for, it really takes away from the overall experience. I mean we heard the majority of mbtf before it came out lol

genjiZERO

Burial contribution means that I need to check this album out, by law.

Hopefully it'll be better than Take a Fall For Me.....

Actually, the song itself is pretty good. It sounds like downtempo Wu Tang. It's just that the RZA's lyrics are so....stupid...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think there's a song from any artist I relate more to than Blame Game, not even anything from Pac. Would be on the soundtrack to my life, the entire relationship woes section all in one swoop.

Everytime I listen it's just.. damn.

After my listen through MBDTF today, I don't know how Ye will ever top this TBH.

Yup, first time listening to blame game was really a wow moment. I know that song never got leaked but in general i need to stop listening to leaked tracks off of albums i'm excited for, it really takes away from the overall experience. I mean we heard the majority of mbtf before it came out lol

This is the experience I had with Runaway for the first time. I never saw the VMA performance, so hearing a 9 minute introspective rap with cleverly pitched dueling perspectives (Ye blaming himself, Pusha blaming his partner) based around that simple piano line... damn.

This is the experience I had with Runaway for the first time. I never saw the VMA performance, so hearing a 9 minute introspective rap with cleverly pitched dueling perspectives (Ye blaming himself, Pusha blaming his partner) based around that simple piano line... damn.

Runaway epitomizes KW to me as an artist. Emotionally frightened, yet incredibly egotistic. The battle he has between those two personas is what makes his music so interesting to me.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Favorite song off MBDTF is All Of The Lights.

I wrote a sketch show here in Chicago that hit like two weeks after that album dropped and I convinced everyone to let me pick the music. Curtains came up to Lights on opening night and it was just awesome.

I won't deny there are better songs on that album, but Lights holds a spot in my heart.

That album is so good. If Yeezus is anywhere near as good, I'll be ecstatic.

Ashhong

The majority of MBDTF wasn't from leaks though. There were small snippets from All of the Lights, but most of the early listens we got was from GOOD Friday and his movie that he made.

BTW, that movie was awesome. I remember the thread we had for that. Awesome night.

we should have a plug dj sesh to rewatch that Phoenix movie

I still think it was dope, and has the better version of Lost In The World

Man, I can't believe this album's dropping so soon.

Now I'm in the mood to listen to MBDTF right now. I really do miss CD/LR Kanye but MBDTF Kanye is so much better.

Kinda cheesy, but Power -> All of the Lights (Interlude) -> All of the Lights is my favorite as it's basically the lead for my workout mix.

Gorillaz

we should have a plug dj sesh to rewatch that Phoenix movie

I still think it was dope, and has the better version of Lost In The World

LitW is still my top track on the album. Something about the female vocalist and mix of instrumentals just kind of proved to me how much he has changed in tone. For better or worse.

DominoKid

Man, I can't believe this album's dropping so soon.

Now I'm in the mood to listen to MBDTF right now. I really do miss CD/LR Kanye but MBDTF Kanye is so much better.

Kinda cheesy, but Power -> All of the Lights (Interlude) -> All of the Lights is my favorite as it's basically the lead for my workout mix.

the AOTL Interlude is probably my favorite alarm clock ringer out of the 100+ i have. that and The World Is Yours.

Danielsan

Yes Cruel Summer leaked.

Haha, POP GAF sure can be funny some times. Burial is one of the very best electronic musicians working today and he doesn't just collaborate with anyone. I'm pretty sure that even Kanye did a little happy dance when he agreed to do a collaboration on his new album.

Top Bottom