• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

remz

Via KTT, songs looking like:

Onsite
Black Skinhead
I Am a God
New Slaves
Can't Hold My Liqour (feat. Chief Keef)
Unknown (feat. D'Banj)
Could've Been Somebody
Unknown (feat. Kid Cudi)
Bound
Send it Up (feat. King Louie)
Unknown (feat. Chief Keef & Bon Iver)
+1 more song

A lot of videos out there that definitely sound electronic as fuck.
http://youtu.be/Jq6DuQ6QbRY
http://youtu.be/FtGrgSiDGVI

All of this new shit sounds incredible.
crazy low amount of guests coming off of MBDTF. I like it tho.

that second song is crazy good

DominoKid

im afraid to listen to the new stuff. i heard enough from the Gov Ball.

i think it's interesting that the Pusha & Sean features are basically reject status for Yeezus and he's putting them on their albums instead. them joints will probably end up being the best on their albums lmao.

Fjordson

Low amount of guests is a good thing.

Keef and Cudi being two of them is not. And Keef showing up twice? Kanye be trolling people with that shit.

DominoKid

Kanye likes Keef because he has a great voice presence, makes bangers and is pure expression, no thought. All Kanye's gotta do is put the battery in his back and watch magic happen.

bang bang. he's gonna sound like a demon on these soundscapes probably.

DominoKid

Chief Keef & Bon Iver

How dare you not have faith in Yeezus?

If Kanye thinks two Chief Keef features is a good idea, IT'S A GOOD FUCKING IDEA!

ipHdVMwXJ62BU.gif

we mustn't doubt him.

i hope they autotune the fuck out of chief keef's voice and he slurs his shit. he gave me junior future vibes on his album in a song or two. (that's a good thing)

Fjordson

Well, hopefully his spots are short. Though with Kanye's ego being at an all time high, this is probably a stealth brag. Like that even someone as bad as Chief Keef will be better than his usual clown self on a Kanye album. I doubt it will work, but we'll see.

DominoKid

I have to say I'm amused that Chief Keef made it on a Kanye solo proper (legit on the album, no bonus tracks) before Big Sean, Drake or Kendrick did. And twice at that lmao. Dat Impact.

Although Drake was originally on AOTL...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
goddamn, you guys are gunna burn yourselves out on these shit youtube quality vids. start purging your ears, we got a week to go.

Better link: https://soundcloud.com/arca-2/self-defense

That beat is WICKED hot but what's the connection? Why did you post it?

EDIT: duh. I get it. Beat is wicked hot. I hate the stupid lyrics. Hate the rapping/munchkin voice. Love the beat.

goddamn, you guys are gunna burn yourselves out on these shit youtube quality vids. start purging your ears, we got a week to go.

I know! But https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uiHA0bXzMrI

That shit is so dope I can't stand it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From what I gather on KTT, the most logical tracklist ATM is:

Onsite (Prod. Hudson Mohawke & Daft Punk)
Black Skinhead (Prod. Daft Punk)
I Am A God (Prod. Daft Punk)
New Slaves ft. Frank Ocean
Can't Handle My Liquor ft. Chief Keef & Bon Iver (Prod. by Mike Dean)
Unknown
Could've Been Somebody (Prod. by TNGHT/Hudson Mohawke)
Unknown ft. Popcaan & KiD CuDi (Produced by Travi$ Scott)
Send It Up ft. Travi$ Scott, King Louie & someone? (doesn't sound like D'Banj or Don Jazzy to me)
Bound ft. Charlie Wilson
+ 2 or 4 more songs.

Everything executively produced by Kanye West & Rick Rubin.

Popcaan might not be an accredited feature (IIRC Pusha removed the credit after the initial release), might be Travi$ on the second unknown track (even though it clearly sounds like CuDi, and though Travi$ says it's him, I think he's just talking about production).

Fry

Yeezus is less sprawling than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and maybe more sonically cohesive than 808s & Heartbreak.
Electro. That was the running theme. Whether it was EDM, industrial, Moombahton or ’80s-style synths, there’s a preponderance of squelching and pulsating here. Interestingly, Kanye prefaced the album by saying he listened to some Joy Division and realized he’s not a soul guy anymore, he’s New Wave. I’d posit he’s more darkwave.

9. In a rather sneaky move, the album ends like old Kanye.
The song with the sample-heavy snippet (one of which was Brenda Lee) that was featured on West’s official site closes out the album. It’s a wonderful nod to the Kanye of 2004-05, like he wanted to give us a sign that the sample-screwing underdog is still alive under all that Givenchy and leather. But even the way he uses the samples has changed: rather than helping to bolster the hook (this is basically an album with no hooks), here they serve as abrupt breaks in the action to let you gather yourself.

10. Kanye’s albums streak is alive and well.
As I said up top, it’s impossible to evaluate an album after two listens, especially under such strange circumstances. But it’s clear this is not a dud. It may not be as fun as his old ****, it may not be as epic as his last one, but it’s harder, faster and stronger. Time will tell if it’s better.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Love this quote

Yeah. I love the fact that I’m bad at [things], you know what I’m saying? I’m forever the 35-year-old 5-year-old. I’m forever the 5-year-old of something.

PBY

Banned
This interview is dope as fuck.

I read this shit like a Kanye stan would and am just enamoured at this guy. Ye is so inspirational.

Yup.

Its really easy to say Yeezus is more GAWD sounds, but he really took a step back. Sounds like he "hates" MBDTF, but I know what he means. In my own little way, when I produce a beat I love it- then a year later its just ehh- because you've moved on.

That stuff about minimalism and "reduced by" is so great.

Top Bottom