• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Mistle

I find it pretty crazy and awesome that they're possibly still tweaking and making changes right up until release. I'm conditioned to thinking most albums are done way in advance.

DominoKid

I find it pretty crazy and awesome that they're possibly still tweaking and making changes right up until release. I'm conditioned to thinking most albums are done way in advance.

they usually are by weeks in advance. months in some cases. it gives them time to send that shit back like "we need a hit or we aint releasing this shit." (ex: Cole World:SS and Work Out)

but Def Jam gives Kanye free reign after 808s succeeded despite their doubts. he calls his own shot and Def Jam rolls w/ it.

i remember Questlove saying on Okayplayer once that Def Jam gives them a great level of control considering they don't sell a lot. Although they're more beholden to deadlines, as long as their albums keep getting good critical reviews and end up on Year End lists they can keep cooking. The Roots give Def Jam something they can point to and say "see we support good music and art" for credibility.

He was remastering/reworking Cruel Summer up until its iTunes release. The physical/retail release were different, so it's not unusual for him.

i remember 808s going through a LOT of revisions. there were so many leaks and each revision sounded different from the last. i still prefer the old synths to the keys on the final "welcome to heartbreak".

cacophony

i really wonder what the iTuens art will be when you download it from there.

if it's just a picture of the actual CD thats going to be lame as hell

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
yep, that's dope. Bout to use it for my iTunes library when the time comes.

tumblr_mo2t7uPtA61ql9jd6o3_1280.png

it has that black metal influence. Straight outta some bumfuck town in Norway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TBH none of the fan ones on the tumblr have tickled my fancy either. I blame this era of Kanye lacking a bit of distinct flavour for lack of better words compared to others.

Some of these are okay:

Now I feel like making my own. Will give it a shot tomorrow.

Mason

i remember 808s going through a LOT of revisions. there were so many leaks and each revision sounded different from the last. i still prefer the old synths to the keys on the final "welcome to heartbreak".

YES. Is this version still around somewhere?

Dartastic

They can't be. There's no way. Shit needs to be manufactured by now. It's done.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeezy projected to do 500k. Probably will go up, but that's a good number.

New recordings of Send It Up, Bound and I'm In It. Looks like it was filmed outside of the NYC listening session. First complete footage of Bound IIRC, and some of the only, maybe the only, of I'm In It.

They can't be. There's no way. Shit needs to be manufactured by now. It's done.
Yeah if Kanye flew from NYC to Switzerland, I don't think he had time inbetween to get it in with Rick Rubin. We're hearing about stuff that happened a while ago, and Rick was probably brought in before the mixed and mastering reports. Then again, Ye was finishing both MBDTF and CS up until and even past release. The cleaner, [better] mastered version of CS was uploaded to iTunes after, and retail and the original digital release have the old versions.

Ashhong

God it's so hard to stop myself from clicking those previews. I have literally never restrained from previews like I am for this. I figure if Ye doesn't even want to put out singles and shit, it must be for good reason.

GOING IN BLIND YO

5 fucking days and we will have this on our harddrives. FIVE!!!! (assuming it comes out online at midnight PST)

Mistle

Normally I'd avoid previews for a release like this, but the live performances have made me so hyped that I don't regret it one bit. If anything they're a better introduction to the music than the album, it feels very "in the moment" watching them.

Swag

God it's so hard to stop myself from clicking those previews. I have literally never restrained from previews like I am for this. I figure if Ye doesn't even want to put out singles and shit, it must be for good reason.
Stay Strong yo, I remember in the MBDTF thread how much we all regretted getting burned out on the tracks that released prior to the album when it came out. Not making that mistake again!

Album looks extremely strong to me fam.

I can't get enough of the previews of Onsite and Sent it Up. Loooove how those came out.

Any better previews of Could Have Been Somebody than that anywhere? I think Onsite will be a club/car banger fam but I think Could Have Been Somebody is going to be a fucking charts piranha when they decide to let it fly.

Also this version is fairly clean.

Yeezy projected to do 500k. Probably will go up, but that's a good number.

New recordings of Send It Up, Bound and I'm In It. Looks like it was filmed outside of the NYC listening session. First complete footage of Bound IIRC, and some of the only, maybe the only, of I'm In It.

Yeah if Kanye flew from NYC to Switzerland, I don't think he had time inbetween to get it in with Rick Rubin. We're hearing about stuff that happened a while ago, and Rick was probably brought in before the mixed and mastering reports. Then again, Ye was finishing both MBDTF and CS up until and even past release. The cleaner, [better] mastered version of CS was uploaded to iTunes after, and retail and the original digital release have the old versions.

would be great if he did 500k, promo has been crazy for this album, the funniest part is Kanye claiming they're not doing any promo for this like we are stupid. Many kanye fans will think that though

remz

My thoughts roo, snl version was way morw powerful (if this is cdq that is).

snl performance was kind of amazing really. SNL black skinhead is some next level shit on a show where musical guests tend to sound like ass.

I remember the Daft Punk guy talking about Kanye having some raw screaming primal stuff in the studio- surely he didn't scrap it and replace it with a clean rap. It could have just been the version he was playing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Christian Dior Denim Flow

CuDi slays his outro, my god. Fuck the haters. Also one of the GOAT Kanye verses.

Looking for Trouble, G.O.O.D. Friday and Christmas In Harlem are runners up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Transcript of Kanye's Speech at the Switzerland Listening Party.

"What I want people to understand about sampling and producing is that it’s really similar to—and I know this is obvious what I’m going to say, because I’m a black guy so I’m gonna name the ‘most obvious artist in the world’—Warhol, but it’s very similar to the way Warhol would appropriate a Campbell’s Soup can is the way I would sonically appropriate a Ray Charles sample or a Michael Jackson sample."

- Yeezus the GOAT

Top Bottom