• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Fjordson

"because I’m a black guy so I’m gonna name the ‘most obvious artist in the world"

Huh? Race sure seems like it's weighing heavily on Kanye's mind these days.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
"because I’m a black guy so I’m gonna name the ‘most obvious artist in the world"

Huh? Race sure seems like it's weighing heavily on Kanye's mind these days.
The stereotype is that black people aren't refined so they would only know of the big name artists like Warhol for instance instead of someone lesser known (notice I didn't give a name).

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like Lord, Lord, Lord.

Not sure if it is my favorite but it is my most played. Great summer cruising music.

Ashhong

There are so many and I haven't listened ins while. I remember Looking for Trouble was amazing though. That's the one with the jcole feature right? He killed that shit.

MThanded

Every night I go to sleep I pray that CRS release an album one day.
HssNfqk.gif

solarus

Didn't lupe just come out and say CRS is dead the other day?

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco
#CRSisDEAD...RIP...but from the ashes a new life grows...2014... #LF x ???? x ????

Still has two unknown names... maybe same members but reborn with a new title!
BELIEVE
CRS+Lupe+Fiasco+Kanye+West++Pharrell.jpg

MThanded

Lupe Fiasco‏@LupeFiasco
#CRSisDEAD...RIP...but from the ashes a new life grows...2014... #LF x ???? x ????

Still has two unknown names... maybe same members but reborn with a new title!
BELIEVE
CRS+Lupe+Fiasco+Kanye+West++Pharrell.jpg
LF x Shyne x Mase

Ashhong

CRS was too good to be true. But if that had happened....damn. I can only imagine how fucking amazing the album would have been.

Dammit!!!!!!!

MThanded

The CRS tease really hurt me

Kanye, Lupe and Pharrell are definitely some of my favorite artists. I knew it was too good to be true.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I like Lord, Lord, Lord.

Not sure if it is my favorite but it is my most played. Great summer cruising music.

so good I forgot about this one.

would love a kanye album filled with songs like lord and see me now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
LOL at Lupe doing anything of worth anymore.

You guys need to just give it up. It's ok. It'll be ok.

solarus

LOL at Lupe doing anything of worth anymore.

You guys need to just give it up. It's ok. It'll be ok.

In an alternate universe Lupe retired after dropping the cool and left us with a streak of two great albums with his image not being ruined by political/conspiracy theory/aliens abducted me nonsense and the shit stain that was Lasers.
*cries*

MThanded

solarus

Also, dunno if you guys have mentioned it but there's a new video on www.kanyewest.com now
Short clip showing the recording of I am a God
Rick Rubin da gawd is in it.

EDIT:
^^^^MThanded that's the best thing I've heard from Lupe in a long time.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I'm extremely thirsty

waiting for the last of us to come so I can be occupied with something else in the mean time.

Ashhong

I enjoy Battle Scars when I hear it on the radio. It's about as good as his songs with Matthew Santos. Been a while since I've heard Superstar but I would put it at about that. I should get his F&L2 and see if it's any good.

Hip Hop Saved My Life is one of my favorite hip hop songs ever

So this is supposed to come out in less than a week and there are no preorder links or anything to indicate that it's actually coming? Does he want this to bomb? Is he going for a Sega Saturn stealth release or something?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So this is supposed to come out in less than a week and there are no preorder links or anything to indicate that it's actually coming? Does he want this to bomb? Is he going for a Sega Saturn stealth release or something?
It's part of this albums "gimmick" or the album really was just finished early this week.

MThanded

So since they have avoided a leak until this point are they overnighting(2-daying) the albums or are they just not going to be ready for physical on the expected release date?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
if you don't actually have art to go with your release i can't imagine it takes long to just mass produce a bunch of blank cds and empty cd cases with a red strip of tape.

MThanded

if you don't actually have art to go with your release i can't imagine it takes long to just mass produce a bunch of blank cds and empty cd cases with a red strip of tape.
Imagine if the CDs were actually blank.

DominoKid

So since they have avoided a leak until this point are they overnighting(2-daying) the albums or are they just not going to be ready for physical on the expected release date?

oh Ye of little faith. i think Def Jam knows what they're doing you guys. they've got some experience w/ this releasing albums thing.

Still gonna bootleg that shit before buying... probably, I dunno, I have to use my phone to connect to the internet right now so it would probably be easier to just go to BB after work and cop it, but damn it, I wanna hear it first! For the record, I didn't like the 2 SNL videos, and the little teaser site is lame, so right now I am only hyped because it is a new Kayne joint and he hasn't really disappointed me lately, but I don't really care for the direction the album is going right now. Still, it's $10, I spend that on lunch almost every day and it's usually disappointing too.

rdrr gnr

In Search Of... is still my favorite NERD album.

Love me some NERD]
Absolutely, but I've been skipping through their discography. Weird songs have been sticking with me as listening to them years later with altered taste has changed my appreciation. You Know What, Sooner Or Later, I've Seen The Light/Inside of Clouds.

solarus

A while ago I was thinking that he might just put this album out for free, just say fuck it here it is, but there's no way that's happening.

Top Bottom