• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Sai-kun

Banned
Blood on the Leaves is killer.

Only songs I don't like so far on this first listen are Hold My Liqour, and I'm In It. I'm In It is okay but eh. Maybe a second listen will sway me.

Just finished the album

Bound 2>>>

one of his best songs in a while god damn. for all the classic kanye lovers out there, Bound 2 seems like it'd be right at home on Late Registration.

Overall, It's quality. I'd have to give it some more listens before I get into any knaye album ranking war

skynidas

Banned
This album is AMAZING, the only way to listen to it is with the volume at max.

NwuDh.gif

rosarkar

Neo Member
On Sight = God Tier / 10
Black Skinhead = God Tier / 10
I Am A God = 7 / 10 (FLOP)
New Slaves = LAWDDDDDDDDDDDD / 10
Hold My Drink = Keef / 10
I'm In It = 7 / 10
Blood On The Leaves = SOTY / 10
Guilt Trip = 8.5 / 10
Send It Up = 9 / 10
Bound 2 = God Tier / 10

Overall, I'll give it a Ryan Dombal / 10. SHIT BANGS SO HARD AFTER THE FIRST LISTEN. :eek:bamasweat:

jacobs34

Just finished the album and enjoyed it, but nothing stood out as much as "Power", "Runaway" or "Monster" did from MBDTF. We'll see how it holds up to multiple listenings.

Pimpwerx

Second half of the album is much better than the first. Upon one complete listen, this is one of his worst albums. I didn't care for 808s much, so the first half felt like that album gone wrong. A couple songs on the second half sounds almost like a mix of Late and Freshman Adjustment as far as tone and mood. Blood on the Leaves, Send It Up and Bound 2 are the only songs I like so far. I'm In It is passable. PEACE.

imBask

Banned
on my second listen, it's not as "deep" and theatrical as MBDTF, it's really raw and clearly influenced by stuff like death grips, I LOVE IT

I don't think it'll ever take over MBDTF as the best yeezy album, but at this point nothing he'll ever produced will be able to accomplish that

making an outstanding/unforgettable album can kinda hurt you, since people will always compare everything to that one no matter how good your new album is...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Second half of the album is much better than the first. Upon one complete listen, this is one of his worst albums. I didn't care for 808s much, so the first half felt like that album gone wrong. A couple songs on the second half sounds almost like a mix of Late and Freshman Adjustment as far as tone and mood. Blood on the Leaves, Send It Up and Bound 2 are the only songs I like so far. I'm In It is passable. PEACE.
PEACE

Blood on the Leaves is straight up weird. In a great way, mind you. It's a weird zenith of every Kanye trope: autotune singing, soul samples, high melodrama (dem Hudmo horns), introspective lyrics, mean lyrics.

Bowser

to each his own but lol

cdyhybrid

on my second listen, it's not as "deep" and theatrical as MBDTF, it's really raw and clearly influenced by stuff like death grips, I LOVE IT

I don't think it'll ever take over MBDTF as the best yeezy album, but at this point nothing he'll ever produced will be able to accomplish that

making an outstanding/unforgettable album can kinda hurt you, since people will always compare everything to that one no matter how good your new album is...

Must.

Not.

Start.

The.

Cycle.

I also think this album is pretty coherent and cohesive, at least sonically. It's sort of a darkness death-spiral, with Bound as the light at the end of the tunnel.

Just about to listen to the Keef song for the first time. I'm not ready.
And this album is definitely unlike anything I've heard before. Different but interesting.

Top Bottom