• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

reKon

Banned
This album has way too many quotables.

The verses are pretty good too for the most part, need to dissect when I'm less hype. Not sure how well the theme holds up either because I'm too busy dancing.

so not as lyrical as MBDTF, but on par with other albums?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I'm in it is my shit

I miss the live screams from black skinheads.

y'all tripping on BOTL it sucks

In some ways this album feels like the song crack music and the 808's album had a child together

I'm full but I ain't tipping.

overall yeezus is 7/10

Album does not feel cohesive enough, there's something off...

Favorite songs?

1,2,3,4,6,8 honorable mention to Charlie Wilson's part on bound

kNoqXy9.gif

Grzi

The album is like a combination of everything he's done so far, but at the same time unlike anything before it.
It's really really good, I love it.

solarus

Album does not feel cohesive enough, there's something off...
*runs*
Still need to give a second listen tho.
Onsite is a meh opener.

im honestly feeling everything in this album except for i am a god. maybe itll grow on me. i really didnt think i would love this album as much as i did since my first impression earlier in the week was just okay.

blood on the leaves, black skinheads, guilt trip and hold my liquor are getting the most burn at the moment though.

solarus

Why is the screaming so damn weak in this album, black skinhead snl was hype as fuck. The cdq lacks that same energy and oomph, the screams actually worked live.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why is the screaming so damn weak in this album, black skinhead snl was hype as fuck. The cdq lacks that same energy and oomph, the screams actually worked live.
I hated the snl version.

I could barely hear what was going on and i was too grating. To each their own.

DominoKid

i'm cracking off the reactions around other forums to this shit. folks is exposing their lack of musical diversity talking about the only song they like is Bound. I wonder why...

bout to take this out in the whip in bout an hour. cant wait.

Brinbe

Nice, Sunday night projections here. With all the people down there for NXNE, especially @ Dundas Square, shit is gonna be hype.

And off another listen
Blood on The Leaves
Bound 2
New Slaves
Black Skinhead

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait guilt trip is great on a second listen.

I also love 808s though. I'm probably in the minority. I own the limited edition vinyl and everything.

Top Bottom